Healers Have to Die, part III

85 Tauren Paladin
Except we don't care if good players down us. Being focus fired on by 8 baddies is the problem, and a problem that wouldn't exist if this mod didn't.

If you have 8 players focusing on you, that means the enemy is zerging, which generally is bad for them.
85 Orc Warrior
03/13/2011 3:06 PMPosted by Pupcakez
As I and others have said many times by now, healers don't blend in like you seem to think they do. They're very easy to spot, and honestly the only part of this mod that I felt might be worth-while was being able to keep tabs on the friendly healers more often, so it's easier for me to see when they're getting dogpiled and need some assistance.

As I said, it's worked for years. If people don't have the situational-awareness to spot a healer, they shouldn't have an add-on that does it for them.

Glad you like to cheat though.

I've been playing and actively participating in PVP on many different characters, both alliance and horde, since 2005. I was there before battlegrounds even existed and world PVP was all there was, I was there when one game of Alterac Valley would last for literally weeks on end, I was there when Dishonorable Kills still existed, I was there when the first arena was added to the game.

And through it all, what you're proposing has never worked on a widescale implementation.

You aren't fooling anyone when you try to "hide in the bushes".
You aren't fooling anyone when you try to run into a group of friendlies thinking no one can see you in there.
You aren't fooling anyone when you wear disguises or use a noggenfogger.
You aren't fooling anyone when you try to run around the corner of a building and just pop out to heal.
You aren't fooling anyone when you try to stand 40 yards away from the melee brawl hoping no one notices you on that hill.

I see you.

The only person that you might even slightly be able to fool with any of that nonsense are those who are completely incompetent at PVP altogether.

Is that really the kind of person you're willing to admit that you're suddenly afraid of?

The same kind of person who likely won't know how to effectively reserve and chain their cooldowns to burst DPS a healer.
The same kind of person who likely won't have the reflexes needed to effectively interrupt your heals.
The same kind of person who likely won't know which of your escape abilities to be prepared for and able to negate them.
The same kind of person who likely could be killed by the same healer he's attacking with just a few dots and a smite.

The difference between a good healer and a bad healer in PVP is whether or not they can successfully keep themselves alive even when they have multiple people attacking them.

Which are you?

Oh right, you're neither. Because you don't even heal in PVP at all.
85 Orc Warrior
03/13/2011 3:17 PMPosted by Kevyne
Does anyone else see the irony in that the majority of the people who are SO against even just the thought of this addon are those who openly admit that they don't even PVP?

And ignoring those who do PvP isn't a good comparison, too.

And who would that be, sir? You?

I ignore you because you're an idiot. You've already proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt many times over now.
85 Tauren Shaman

Exactly. Thanks to this thread I've already decided to take the 5-6 healers I own out of BGs. It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much, but now that I see this addon being used by more and more people, I'm not even going to bother crafting a PvP set. It's just not worth it.

Does anyone else see the irony in that the majority of the people who are SO against even just the thought of this addon are those who openly admit that they don't even PVP?

Does anyone else seen the irony that you glossed over this:

It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much

Try again, sunshine.
85 Tauren Paladin
03/13/2011 3:26 PMPosted by Pupcakez

If you have 8 players focusing on you, that means the enemy is zerging, which generally is bad for them.

In a 10 man vs 10 man, yes. In places like AV, it is not uncommon for a group of 8 people or so to be on just a few people. Four good people with a healer can take out 8 bad PVPers. Three good people who are not receiving heals typically cannot.

I fail to see how it's bad that 8 players can win in an 8v4 situation.
90 Troll Shaman
I must say that all of these arguments about why this should or should not be banned have had nothing to do with why it will likely be banned:

This addon does something that Blizzard does not allow. It circumvents the fact that Blizzard does not allow raid markings in PVP by placing the addon's own special mark on the nameplate of a healer.

While it is not against the terms to edit nameplates (Tidyplates, for example), it is still against the terms to place marks on enemy players in PVP.

Everyone whining about the addon being fair, unfair, or gamebreaking can shut up. It doesn't matter what your opinion is because it is just that- opinion. Point is, the addon is against the ToU and should be banned because of that fact alone.
Edited by Cuppycake on 3/13/2011 3:35 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior

Does anyone else seen the irony that you glossed over this:

It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much

Try again, sunshine.

No sunshine, I didn't gloss over it. It simply wasn't relevant at all.

1) Warhammer PVP isn't the same as WoW PVP, so it bears no relevance
2) If you really wanted to PVP you simply would, regardless of what challenges you might face. You're using this as a cop-out.
3) If you've never PVPed in WoW then you have no relevant experience to base these conlusions off of.
4) You've never had this mod used "against you", and you would have no evidence of it even if you suspected such a thing. It would all just be speculation and paranoia.
5) If you're the type of person that quits before they even start, then I wouldn't want you in the same battleground as me to begin with. You are useless.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]