Ask the Devs - Answers #1

85 Tauren Shaman
American players: PVP not fair!
European players: How about hunters and raids?
Asian players: How can we farm better?

Stereotypes everywhere!

I lol'ed :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hum, what a thoroughly disappointing Q&A.

QQ.
90 Goblin Shaman
Anyone know if they are going to fix the dark phoenix mount or is it supposed to look so different than what everyone was expecting?
85 Tauren Priest
The phoenix looks nice as it is. Well atleast i think so =o.
03/14/2011 9:36 AMPosted by Alimony
We are pretty happy with PvP balance overall. We think this season may be the best overall in terms of balance.

This is actually the worst season in terms of balance.

why because you cant faceroll everything? ....it really is balanced if you look back at all the other seasons. Sure, this isnt a perfect season but still give blizz some credit... <.< yish you think its easy to balance 10 different classes which BTW are 30 talents someone could be? Oh and please don't forget that they may have different glyphs and styles and w/e players can cook up.

All in all to be short...this arena season is good. AND this is coming from a fire mage not a frosty! haha
85 Tauren Paladin
lol i'd love to see a appearance slot :P it would just give blizzard a excuse to add more "achievement" rewards and crap to add to the blizz store without interrupting the gameplay itself ^.^
85 Human Warlock
Q: Considering how often changes meant to balance PVE performance for certain classes then creates imbalance in their performance in PVP, and vice verse, have the developers ever considered completely separating the two? – Azunya (North America/ANZ)
A: That’s a common solution proposed by our active forum participants for whom balance may be the single most important concern when they play. You have to put yourself in the mind of a new player just trying to pick up the game though. Already there are a bewildering array of class abilities and talents, many with their own idiosyncrasies or special rules. Now you have to virtually double that if you want all of the player spells to have a PvE and a PvP tooltip. We prefer solutions like resilience and diminishing returns on crowd control that are more global rules rather than virtually every ability having a PvE vs. a PvP coefficient. We want it to feel like one game with a unified set of rules.

If you separate the effects on abilities and talents on you can get PvE talents balanced to the point where they will not need to be changed every patch so the new comers can actually get a chance to use those abilities and get used to using a rotation. If you constantly keep nurfing and buffing abilities and talents new comers will have to get used to using new abilities that they were not using before because they sucked and now they are buffed and usable now. So either way newcomers are going to get overwhelmed everytime you make changes to talents and abilities. Atleast with separation of PvE and PvP there will be less modifications to the PvE side of them. Also players have levels 1-84 to get used to using a rotation and getting used to the game. That's plently of time to get used to playing your class and figure out what what each talent and ability does.

P.S. Resilience does not fix it!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
IMO the Dungeon Finder is hardly something to point to as a success, all-be-it a good attempt it has destroyed any social aspect of the game and in the case of my server made queue times longer. That said I can't give any ideas to make it better.

Well I like it, I pay to play a game not sit there and wait for a friend to be able to get on so I can do something.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

No.

it should have been from the start.
It's worthless. I can't wait till Firelands so I can drop it.

I agree, it should be secondary.
Edited by Inarï on 3/17/2011 2:46 AM PDT
85 Goblin Hunter
Hey blizz co. I really question this new cataclysm gear, sure it looks really awsome but I got a lvl 346 blue trinket and your stuff that you are selling for heroic purples in the second tier are still worse than this 346 trinket called "key to the endless chamber". So my question is, was that suppose to happen? If not then what are you gonna do about it?
85 Orc Rogue
I'd love to see /ignore completely phase the offending player off of the screen for those who /ignore said player.

This would help exponentially with people who decide that it's fun to park their mammoth over NPCs, stand in crowded areas and spam AoE abilities, or otherwise be irritating to other players.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd love to see /ignore completely phase the offending player off of the screen for those who /ignore said player.

This would help exponentially with people who decide that it's fun to park their mammoth over NPCs, stand in crowded areas and spam AoE abilities, or otherwise be irritating to other players.

I think that's an incredible idea. I don't know if it's feasable, but it would be nice to have.
Edited by Jairen on 3/17/2011 8:31 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Is there a possibility of adding continuing questing for players like me who are total fail at Cataclysm end game dungeons raids and battlegrounds? I'm getting really tired of trying to get through even one heroic a day and not succeeding in anything but high repair bills. If there were some other interesting venue to improve one's character I would be very grateful.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I know it's silly to still complain about healing classes, but this time it's not about being OOM all the time, but the fact that they all seem exactly the same to me. We all cast the slowest spell that heals for the least amount and uses virtually no mana. I want to be able to heal on my shaman or paladin and not feel like im still playing a priest, is this gettting fixed, or even thought about?
85 Tauren Shaman
May I ask what plans you have for shamans in the future? This may sound dumb, but rockbiter weapon now has increased threat, and shamans even have a taunt now. Are you going to let us wear plate in the future and tank or something? Lol.
85 Goblin Priest
03/14/2011 9:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
trying to control my computer using brainwaves and an EEG reader;

love it.
85 Orc Warlock
The Warlock community is pretty much up in arms with the constant nerfs and the latest changes has tipped many to abandon the class. We just want to see some kind of direction on where you are moving with the class or should we all be re-rolling DKs, since they pretty much do everything we wanted and better?
85 Goblin Priest
03/17/2011 10:45 AMPosted by Tirifiri
s there a possibility of adding continuing questing for players like me who are total fail at Cataclysm end game dungeons raids and battlegrounds? I'm getting really tired of trying to get through even one heroic a day and not succeeding in anything but high repair bills. If there were some other interesting venue to improve one's character I would be very grateful.

Dude, seriously.
Are you for real?

As if reputation wasn't easy enough, you want more?
Did you even try doing regulars, getting all item 333 before doing heroics?
What's so tough about them?

Do you know of the focus key?

just.. wow.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]