Problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downlo

85 Worgen Warrior
I'm have a problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe. I have tried disabling my firewall and SONAR Protection monitors from Norton has continuously blocked and removed the file. Any ideas on what I can do?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
my brother and i both have the same problem. what worries me is why sonar is detecting this. hopefully blizz will give us some information soon on the problem
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Here's the funny thing. Patch 4.0.1 is numbered BEFORE the current patch 4.0.6. The patch coming out is 4.1.0. I had the same message come up through my anti-virus protection. This "patch" is either a bug or malware that has leaked into the Blizzard downloader. This is my guess anyway now that I think about it.
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/15/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Lystria
Here's the funny thing. Patch 4.0.1 is numbered BEFORE the current patch 4.0.6. The patch coming out is 4.1.0. I had the same message come up through my anti-virus protection. This "patch" is either a bug or malware that has leaked into the Blizzard downloader. This is my guess anyway now that I think about it.

That's just the tools patch. Patch 4.1 isnt coming out this week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
<---- have the same problem. just as clueless
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I am having the same issue with my anti virus program.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
any updates yet on wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe ??
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yep. Same problem here. Funny thing is, I've never had problems with Norton before.

Edit: disabling SONAR worked, was still kinda a pain though lol
Edited by Lokithor on 3/15/2011 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i turned off my Norton firewall and Sonar and it downloaded
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Same issue. Where's the blue post?? :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I keep downloading the new patch but everytime i do the sonar of my norton keeps blocking it and ive tried to disable it but it keeps blocking it
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Just to pile on: As mentioned by others Norton Security Suite (mine is build 4.3.0.5 Comcast edition) is not allowing wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe download and run. SONAR is blocking the file and forcing it's removal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
i found a solution that worked for me. Go into Norton and disable the SONAR protection. it should work fine. then just re-enable after it finishes downloading
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I'm having the same problem =/
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
if you go in the antivirus portion of your norton and turn the sonar protection off, you can download the tools update, I am in game right now, seems to be working fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
where can i go to disable the SONAR in norton?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ya, just talked to a bunch of ppl, they all having same problem, my advice, dont allow the program, or disable your firewall until blizz gives the ok
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
Great to hear, but is there a threat? Why all of a sudden does Norton block it. Has Blizz introduced malware?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]