Problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downlo

MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Priest
I'm with Daldren,

The anti-Virus software is there for a reason (hence the name) so I dont see much point in overriding a safety system unless this patch is approved

Its approved.
Its a false positive by Norton.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
read my post on how to fix the problem.. dont feel like typing it all again lol
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Warrior
i did same thing turned sonar off and then back on after patch so far no problems but i agree with others as in the fact that i do worry a bit that this updated tools would trigger a security risk to my computer hopefully blizzard will make some statement or attempt to fix it
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I hate you Norton, making me wait so long.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
here's something interesting to add to the pile.
I don't have Norton's though.

The downloader shows x/5.41mb however when i go and view the connections, it says 2.xGB downloaded. WTH?
Also, going into some of the WoW folders, the files have dates of today.

Should I be worried? Thats a metric ton of downloading.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
have same thing
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well Norton isn't letting me download it for a reason. Considering this is not the first time I have had a problem with an update from Blizzard, Im not gonna try to download it again until tomorrow. I am definitely not disabling anything from Norton because of Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
haveing same thing wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downloader.exe
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
might be a false positive from Norton, but why.. it's either a question for Norton or Blizzard really are spying on us through this update.

A Blue response would put my mind at ease.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Again, my issue is NOT related to Norton. Can I just get a verify on the SIZE of data it's supposed to be downloading?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Norton is known for false positives, there is no need to overreact...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, I have never had a problem with Norton nor any patch. I have a bad feeling about this patch. I had disabled SONAR and Norton still removed it. I'll wait till Blizzard posts a bulletin that this patch is okay.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My advice is don't try to get around the problem. There's might be a good reason why Norton is blocking the thing so until you know for for sure wait for Bliz to fix the problem themselves
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just saw this then started up WoW hoping Norton wouldn't screw everything up, and unfortunately it did. Damn it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I got the same thing with my Norton but instead of disabling it I ran WoW Repair first and now there is no download. Not sure if that matters, but thought i would share it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Someone call Blizzard???
Reply Quote
Same problem. I would suggest that the sonar on norton be kept active until the patch is confirmed to be clear of any malware or external threats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Just got off the phone with Blizzard support. Had me temp disable Sonar (note that the reason given by Norton software is that there have been too few users of the program). As soon as I temp disabled and opened WoW the download zipped through. Reenabled Sonar, no biggie.

The WoW support site has a page that says that this can happen and has configs for preventing it in the future. I'll probably just leave it alone and do the temp disable again if I need to with any future patches... frankly it's easier, faster, and won't leave my ports open.

Anyhow, no sweat with the temp disable.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Hey guys I think I figured it out. My norton wasnt letting it through too saying something about SONAR... But anyway repair wow says my wow is up to date and I can play now. Hopefully this helps if you havent found something that works ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]