Problem with wow-4.0.1.2210-enus-tools-downlo

85 Night Elf Death Knight
same thing here blizz realy should help us
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Warrior
this is getting annoying. i dont think i should take down the fire wall and sonar because then maybe that thing will mess up my pc.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
how do you disable the sonar protection?
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Hunter
I am also having the same problem. Just tried to start the game tonight and Norton blocked it. Have tried rebooting but no go. Guess I should update my Avatar - I'm 85 now lol.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Hunter
Ya, no kidding Blizz needs to fix this fast. I wanted to update talents tonight!
Reply Quote
64 Dwarf Paladin
i am having the same problem as well!! i hope all is fixed very soon!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Same issue...with COMCAST version of NORTON...i cannot find where to turn it off...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Yea, i'm having the same problem, i'm looking at norton at the moment. If i find out anything i'll post it up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
03/15/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Karaho
i turned off my Norton firewall and Sonar and it downloaded

this solution worked for me as well
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
cheers for the heads up guys
Reply Quote
I just ran the repair.exe in the WOW folder. When it finished I started the launcher and BAM! everything works fine. I did not even have to disable Norton Sonar for even a moment. This follows 4 failed attempts at updating the downloader because Norton Sonar blocked and deleted it.

I recommend those worried simply run the wow repair program in the wow folder and all will be well
Reply Quote
running the repair.exe "fixes" the problem, what it does is compare your existing files against the listed files at BLIZZ and downloads the update through the repair engine instead of the BROKE download engine. antifrez has it right,

whatever the cause of this issue, it is NOT norton or any other antivirus program. some people have reported success with changing settings, but I, like several others, have NO AV installed, and turned OFF windows firewall. Wish BLIZZ could get it so updater used the same ports and functions so every update would not have to create a new rule in windows firewall!

Reply Quote
I deleted my Launcher Icon out of my wow folder and ran repair fixed it for me, Hubby just told norton to let it thru.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Agreed. Use the repair.exe

It's a minor pain, but fixed the issue.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Death Knight
I am having the same problem. Norton is blocking the latest patch with a note that it is a high risk problem. I am not going to disable my norton to allow it until I am sure I won't end up with a problem that causes me to have to reformat my entire computer.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
You DO NOT need to disable Norton.

The issue is with the WoW Downloader.

Run the repair.exe in your World of Warcraft folder, then life will be peachy.

Cheers.
Edited by Teucer on 3/15/2011 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Where is Blizzard on this... ???
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This is what worked for me after many many attempts to patch this game.

Tried repair: Didn't work
Tried to disable Norton Firewall AND Sonar: Didn't work
Tried to run as admin from the actual program and not the shortcut: Didn't work

Here's what worked...

I disabled Firewall and Sonar, THEN I ran as admin from the original program icon and for some reason it worked. Perhaps you have to do it in the right order? I don't know.

Good luck and don't forget to turn your Norton firewall and Sonar back on. 8)

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
This happened to me before on one of the updates with blizz. I just dont know how to shut off the sonar. before it was just the firewall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]