[H] <Militiae Templi>

85 Troll Hunter
Militiae Templi is recruiting.

We are a drinking guild with a raiding problem.

We are always looking for fun, mature(!), people to join us in our time wasting waste of time. It is best if you are at least college age, and you should also like waffles.

We need healers primarily. Also, if you like PVP, we want and would like to have more PVPers in the guild.

About Militiae Templi :

The GM is devastatingly handsome. He is also a chronic underachiver and drunkard. The officers are buffons; lovable - to be sure, but given to alternating fits of inchoate rage and stifling ennui. The rest of the guild are a mix of professional misfits, amateur misfits, hobbyist misfits, and dorks. There are an inordinate number of engineers. We also have some Canadians.

We offer our members free guild repairs and free(ish) consumbles. We do have an expectation that you'll contribute somehow, so do be prepared to farm or donate gold for guildies. So, the repairs and flasks are only free if you discount the externalities, I guess. See, I'm lying to you already.

Typical Raid times are :

1630 to 2000 server time Monday through Thursday. We don't have set raid groups. That would require organization and planning. I do that at work. If you want to raid, don't suck and we will bring you.

We can haz a websitez :
mt.enjin.com

More infos:
http://mt.enjin.com/forum/m/1238211/viewthread/506836-about-militiae-templi
Edited by Cuchulayn on 8/9/2011 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I completely and totally approve of this thread
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
03/16/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Cuchulayn
you should also like waffles.

=D

The GM is devastatingly handsome.

=DDD

We also have some Canadians.

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I mean -
eh!
Edited by Magdellan on 3/16/2011 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
No one could have said it better. We definitely do need good heals though. in 25 man we need a lot!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Og
Hunter's that gem stam for useless socket bonuses confuse me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
my dear good ol MT memebers Zaknafein here how yall doing over der on coilfang
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
03/22/2011 8:21 AMPosted by Felibell

Skill >> Gear. Which is to say, that I need to regem and reforge and reenchant, but I am above all lazy.
Edited by Cuchulayn on 3/22/2011 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

I dont trust this.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/22/2011 8:21 AMPosted by Felibell

People that critique others on guild recruitment threads confuse me.

Then again at least his hunters guild got past the third boss.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

But i am past the third boss D:, and i don't get what's so confusing about a "critique" when the one doing the recruiting can't gem/chant properly? I mean come on it's highly unreasonable to expect people to have some idea what they're doing with their gear, especially if they're looking for raiders. People should know this stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
All the best!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

But i am past the third boss D:, and i don't get what's so confusing about a "critique" when the one doing the recruiting can't gem/chant properly? I mean come on it's highly unreasonable to expect people to have some idea what they're doing with their gear, especially if they're looking for raiders. People should know this stuff.

Well, truth told, a critique wasn't offered. What was asserted was a positive statement of confusion about a gem choice. We could certainly infer a critique, and indeed, I did - but there is only one there if we chose to read it in.

Anyway, you've gone and taken that statement as a premise (that I was gemmed incorrectly) and reached the conclusion that I must not know what I was doing.

Well, there's a couple issues with that.

Firstly, that conclusion doesn't necessarily follow. There exist reasons that the gem was incorrect that have nothing to do with knowledge of the class. Maybe it was a dare. Maybe it's Friday and I like purple. It is erroneous, then, to conclude that I don't "know what I am doing with gear" since there isn't any evidence of that fact. Not knowing the class is sufficient, but not necessary, to gemming incorrectly.

Secondly, the premise itself is questionable. Is the gem actually incorrect ? Maybe, maybe not. Since the rationale for the decision is not available, it is not possible to judge that decision on its merits. Without the ability to evaluate that decision, it is not possible to determine that the gem does not meet the criteria required to be "correct".

If you understood the above, then you would fit in well with us. We're a hoot. However, if you are prone to taking unfounded assumptions and then piling your own prejudices and judgments willy nilly on top, maybe we aren't a good guild for you.

Frankly, we're less concerned about people being "incorrect" than we are about them being able to intelligently defend that decision.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
^ LOL this just made my day =D
Reply Quote
i guess you don't need to gem correctly if all you really do is raid ulduar and icc.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
03/23/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Coy
i guess you don't need to gem correctly if all you really do is raid ulduar and icc.

And I guess you don't need to gem at all if you don't raid...

03/22/2011 2:03 PMPosted by Unholydark

I dont trust this.

You don't trust me, Daisy?
Edited by Magdellan on 3/23/2011 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And I guess you don't need to gem at all if you don't raid...

exactly lol!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Bump. Because I can't let Incursion win.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
lol stam gems
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/23/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Coy

^ LOL this just made my day =D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

I want to thank my friends at <WAAPU> for the bumps.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]