So how's Silver Hand?

68 Troll Rogue
My significant other and I are planning on transferring to an RP server soon as we have grown tired of more of the immaturity that happens on our current server. Both of us played on an RP server for a good portion of Wrath and miss a lot of what makes it great. We're currently 4/13 heroics with kills in both 10 and 25 man heroic content and while we know raiding isn't number one concern on a server such as this, its still a consideration of ours. Honestly we both want to find a relaxing server that we can enjoy the game once again and still raid to some degree of success. Thanks for any feedback in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If you are looking for maturity and heroic raiding, this is the wrong server.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
03/16/2011 5:47 PMPosted by Vinnaren
4/13 heroics

More progressed than the entire server.
1 horde group is 4/13 =P

We have trolls and some immaturity, but it is definitely not the worst of servers out there if you are ok with raid progress 2-5 months behind.

Horde side is rather barren in comparison to alliance side, if that matters.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I left the server, does that help?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Our 4/13 is entirely self inflicted; its not like "lol we'll clear 13/13 np np in no time", but we haven't put more than an hour or two into progression since we killed atramedes. Its just that kinda server and that kinda environment at this point. If most of the groups on this server actually took things as seriously as they do on the "real" servers we'd chug along fairly well as a whole, but quite frankly I don't know anyone who wants to chain wipe to double or triple insta gib combinations on ODS, do conclave with your only DK on hiatus for cool real world stuff, or drag along scrubby alt healers who need gear that can't keep up on magmaw for more than a few hours at a time. Maybe we're just getting old or something.

Also, WoW pretty much sucks right now and this isn't Everquest anymore... it shouldn't take 40+ hours a week to get a full progression clear of 4 month old content, in my very busy and somewhat humble opinion.

edit: I type like a 4 year old when I'm on ambien, weeeeeeee.
Edited by Radz on 3/17/2011 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Therminator

Our guild has lost all meaning =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/16/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Therminator

I think you actually have more alts here now, so you may have made it worse.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
03/17/2011 1:27 AMPosted by Criph

I think you actually have more alts here now, so you may have made it worse.

haha so true ^_~
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Silver Hand is awesome.....

If you want a server where most of the population are trolling, elitist know it alls that have forgotten what it was like to not know everything about WoW.

Or opinionated jerks like me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
03/17/2011 3:04 PMPosted by Dharion
elitist know it alls that have forgotten what it was like to not know everything about WoW.

misread

we do too remember what it's like to not know everything about WoW - now we're elitist' and we rule, you drool.

youre just jelly.

fix't
Edited by Roshel on 3/19/2011 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The above exercise in doubaggery was brought to you by Roshel.

And thank you for proving my point.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
The above exercise in doubaggery was brought to you by Roshel.

And thank you for proving my point.

ohhhh you

<3
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
;-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I've never played another server, but here's my take:

There are some really nice people to be found on Silver Hand. My worst experiences have all been via random dungeon finder, with folks from other servers, so...

I do know that there's not as much RP on this server as, say, WRA, but RP is where you make it (if that's what you're looking for).
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Coming to this server is a lot like taking psychedelics.

If you're unprepared and you don't understand what you're getting yourself in to, you're likely to have a bad time.

If you do your research and you get the right mindset for what you're going to experience and you can establish what you want out of your visit, you'll get exactly what you were looking for out of it and you'll have a blast.

Reply Quote
Server is bad period.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Horde: Very nice people. Piquant Trade Chat. Often intellectual. Cozy family feel. Some good PvP and PvE guilds. AH Economy is slow.

Alliance: Way bigger. Lots of douchery in trade. Nice people there too, just have to find them.

Reply Quote
89 Orc Rogue
When it comes to RP, there's some to be found if you know where to look...

... but at least we're not Moon Guard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]