Sinax is the Best Sub Rogue in the World

85 Blood Elf Rogue
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vj2z15qya47annwk/

Check the Rankings
Edited by Bagg on 3/16/2011 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Subtlety rogue. Without dispute the worst raiding spec out there. DPS 3,000 lower than the next worst spec (frost mage) according to Stateofdps.com. Yes, subtlety rogues are terrible for pve.

But I'm a kindly soul. I understand that there are some people out there who want to be subtle, who want to sneak up to the boss 15% faster; who want to pickpocket mid fight without having to vanish; to Sprint not once, but twice. And damn the DPS. And those brave souls should be rewarded, should have the chance for riches (just in case the pickpocketing thing isn't working out for you) and greatness.

So here's my challenge to the Drak'Tharon rogue community. In a months time, on the 12th April, I will award 10,000 gold and a +40 agility gem (hey, subtlety rogues need all the help they can get) to the subtlety rogue with the best pve ranking on the server. This ranking will be taken from stateofdps.com and will include all 12 fights (yes, I know there are 13 bosses, but this is Drak'Tharon); your score will comprise your ranking on each fight and the lowest score wins. Any fight for which you don't have a ranking will score 200 points. Only fights in which you're specced subtlety will count.

If you'd like to enter, you're a rogue, and you're willing to get all subtle on Nefarian's ass, let me know in this thread. It'd be even more awesome if you let me know which raid size and type (normal / heroic) you're ranking in, so I don't have to spend 3 weeks working it all out. Anything goes as far as competition - so long as you're subtlety and make the rankings I don't care - if you're fed personal buffs all fight, if you find some way of min-maxing your dps ranking by dying early (as Bagg likes to do), it's all game. Even Alliance are welcome - if one of you win we'll work something out through the neutral AH.

Make me proud, Drak'Tharon subtlety rogues.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Subtlety rogue. Without dispute the worst raiding spec out there. DPS 3,000 lower than the next worst spec (frost mage) according to Stateofdps.com. Yes, subtlety rogues are terrible for pve.

But I'm a kindly soul. I understand that there are some people out there who want to be subtle, who want to sneak up to the boss 15% faster; who want to pickpocket mid fight without having to vanish; to Sprint not once, but twice. And damn the DPS. And those brave souls should be rewarded, should have the chance for riches (just in case the pickpocketing thing isn't working out for you) and greatness.

So here's my challenge to the Drak'Tharon rogue community. In a months time, on the 12th April, I will award 10,000 gold and a +40 agility gem (hey, subtlety rogues need all the help they can get) to the subtlety rogue with the best pve ranking on the server. This ranking will be taken from stateofdps.com and will include all 12 fights (yes, I know there are 13 bosses, but this is Drak'Tharon); your score will comprise your ranking on each fight and the lowest score wins. Any fight for which you don't have a ranking will score 200 points. Only fights in which you're specced subtlety will count.

If you'd like to enter, you're a rogue, and you're willing to get all subtle on Nefarian's ass, let me know in this thread. It'd be even more awesome if you let me know which raid size and type (normal / heroic) you're ranking in, so I don't have to spend 3 weeks working it all out. Anything goes as far as competition - so long as you're subtlety and make the rankings I don't care - if you're fed personal buffs all fight, if you find some way of min-maxing your dps ranking by dying early (as Bagg likes to do), it's all game. Even Alliance are welcome - if one of you win we'll work something out through the neutral AH.

Make me proud, Drak'Tharon subtlety rogues.

trying too hard...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

trying too hard...

Not trying hard enough.

Im down. I won't be good as Sinax but I'll give it shot.

Screw our progression.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
trying too hard...

Ah Becks, thank you for continuing to confirm my opinion of the members of Tyranny.

But you're right, of course. How dare someone make the two cardinal sins of World of Warcraft raiding: taking raiding as anything other than utter seriousness, with any room for such things as 'Raid with your worst possible spec night'; and attempting any kind of inter-guild communication that might possibly lead to something approaching a community.

The forums should be left to their usual self - the semi-literate rantings of those who rank their self-worth based on their progression, insinuating that all those who have worse progression than themselves (or who raid 10 mans) are 'bads', and that those who are more progressed are 'no-lifers'.

My apologies to the people of Drak'tharon, I won't make such mistakes again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
03/18/2011 5:21 PMPosted by Moonchild
trying too hard...

Ah Becks, thank you for continuing to confirm my opinion of the members of Tyranny.

But you're right, of course. How dare someone make the two cardinal sins of World of Warcraft raiding: taking raiding as anything other than utter seriousness, with any room for such things as 'Raid with your worst possible spec night'; and attempting any kind of inter-guild communication that might possibly lead to something approaching a community.

The forums should be left to their usual self - the semi-literate rantings of those who rank their self-worth based on their progression, insinuating that all those who have worse progression than themselves (or who raid 10 mans) are 'bads', and that those who are more progressed are 'no-lifers'.

My apologies to the people of Drak'tharon, I won't make such mistakes again.

To address your first statement; I don't believe we ever interacted with each other in game, and I can't remember any point where I've spoken to anyone within the confines of your guild. So while I can't speak for any instances you may have had with my guildmates, I'm sure we are both adults that can formulate opinions on people based on personal experiences between the two parties. Other than my 3 word sentence in my first post, I haven't spoken to you previously and therefore have no opinion of you, except you sound defensive and with a chip on your shoulder in your post that I have quoted. Either way, I urge you and anyone else to talk to me in game if you'd like ( good luck finding me online as I haven't raided in more than 2 months).

Tyranny itself raids a modest 16 hours a week (10 man only atm) and cares more about playing at a high level of execution and having fun than we do about progression. This attitude is a far cry from where the guild once was (concerning progression at least) but we've evolved into keeping things fun and focusing on maintaining our tight community of current and retired members; myself included in the latter category.

Your post came across as a semi-troll and I merely responded in kind. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously, my mistake. Either way, I think its great that guilds are experiencing raiding success that's similar to our own. Its fun to compare logs and watch kill videos and to be able to bounce strats off other guilds. I would love to see a community develop and flourish. The problem is apathy and low talent pool spread thin amongst guilds. The guild rep grind makes mergers and xfers less appealing and thus the influx of new, talented recruits is dwindling. Anywho, I'm at work and I've rambled enough, good luck to greff squad and if I had an 85 rogue (mine is 80 and leveling makes me want to punch babies) I'd actually take you up on your offer.

I hope you find this post less offensive and troll-esque.

-becks
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thank you for your reply - it was a little different to what I was expecting.

Maybe you are right about having a chip on my shoulder - that comes more from the antagonistic nature of the wow forums, where internet anonymity appears to allow people to behave without consequence, something that is unfathomable to me. I, frankly, am little bothered about what people think about our guild or progression, or whether they judge me as a person because of it (because I'm mature enough to just laugh at that) - it's more the fractious, continual grinding nature of the forums. I should probably read them less, that would help. As for my references to Tyranny as a whole - you are correct, they are not reflective on you as a person, but I've had my share of experiences that does, unfortunately, flavor future interactions. But c'est la vie, I guess.

The offer / competition was indeed genuine. It amused me when Bagg - er, Sinax - decided to see how well he could do as a sub rogue - I assumed that it might entertain others, given just how bad sub rogues are. Plus 'Sinax' actually did quite well - and I'll take any excuse to take the wind out of his sails by finding someone else who can beat him.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
03/18/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Becks
Tyranny itself raids a modest 16 hours a week

Holy @#$% im pretty sure yall raid more than Eidolon and Greff combined.

While im here consider any "inter-guild" or whatever relations between myself, tons, otton, and esmi severed. Every man for himself. As the co leader of Drak"Tharons #1 RP guild, I hearby declare war on the following guilds:

Greff Squad
Shadow Rising
Fwoosh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Why the hate on SR?

Is it because we have too many AH goblins? ;-)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Why the hate on SR?

Is it because we have too many AH goblins? ;-)

It's not hate. It's total war.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok so we send in Zug and win? ;-)
Reply Quote
educated mother!%@%ers all up in here #!@!ee LoL xD
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I love you Bagg. Come back into my life.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Sup Iams
Reply Quote
I've got this in the "bag" LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]