It's GREEN day (not band) - 17 March 2011

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Happy St. Patrick's Day. I bring the green, but only two drops of Irish blood.

Was a real slacker and off reading last night again, so I didn't even log in to find out what the JC daily was. I've even slacked on Pip's story.

<_< My daughter was laughing about an "artificial intelligence" chatter back thing called Cleverbot. So for kicks I went and tried it out. Definitely not intelligent, this one just looks through past responses to decide how to answer. Some hilarity ensued.

CB: World of Warcraft is a great game.
ME: Who said so?
CB: God said so.
ME: Really? What class does God play?
CB: I don't play it.
ME: That's fine. What class in World of Warcraft does God play?
CB: I play a warlock.

Oh ... and much worse this completely random non-sequitir when it didn't know how to respond to something I said:

CB: I will cover you in chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
ME: What will that accomplish?
CB: I will learn a lesson, master.

And on that note, good morning Sentinels!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Kinky robot. And yesterday was "I'm gonna snap your neck if you ask me for jewelry one more time" daily, so you didn't miss much.

Lessee... Finally made it out of the first zone in Rift (I milked that cow for longer than needed, got out at level 24), went into a lowish level instance with guildies, we nuked the place. Had to get a Chloromancer spec for it (that's a healing mage) and I LOVE it. Performs a lot better than I expected it, and it even works in PvP, so woot! I'm not playing with trolls in stonefield.
http://tela*%#*dia.com/w/images/5/5c/HOT_ScreenshotFull_008.jpg
Ain't he cute? One of them is named Murph. He's my hero.

WoW raid went... gneeeeeh. First of all, we had no shows, so we had to pug people. They weren't bad pug, but I like it better when we do guild run, obviously. Now, our roster is weird, and me and one of our hunters are tanking on our druid and DK. He wanted to main tank, so I said "'kay, I'll just DPS that ugly Magmaw's face." Except he was too squishy and couldn't take the hits. Dunno if his tank needs more gear, if he needs to roll CDs correctly or if it's because of that so called druid nerf I've been hearing about, but yeah. So I went in as tank, rush in, wipe before we're even one minute in. "lolwut?" Yeah, our healers forgot they had to dodge the flame pillar. Go back in, we got him down. Not what I'm used to, but I guess with half the team having stopped, it could be much worse. Heading for ODS, and one of our healer gets hit with a major Internet failure. 30 minutes later, we called it quite as she wasn't back yet.
Now, I dunno how long we'll struggle with this raid team. Having a hard time with progression because of players having a hard time with the raid, I could deal, but only one boss down because we started almost an hour late and ended less than an hour later? Yeah... Plus, I like my DK, but I'm a warlock at heart.

But anyway. Bluuuuuuuue! I need your heeeeeeeeeeelp! As a mother, how would your kids have to tell you so you'd understand that they don't want you to play match maker for them because they're happy alone and don't want a damn girlfriend?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
03/17/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Adrianu
But anyway. Bluuuuuuuue! I need your heeeeeeeeeeelp! As a mother, how would your kids have to tell you so you'd understand that they don't want you to play match maker for them because they're happy alone and don't want a damn girlfriend?

^_^;;

I'm not that kind of mother. So they don't have to tell me to begin with.

Some ideas (at least partly tongue-in-cheek):

* Tell her you play for the other team and see if she's willing to hunt down boyfriends?
* Pick the one most likely to have a psychotic break, and encourage said break
* Find a girl with an equally pushy mother and agree to be pretend-couple
* Sit her down and say she's only allowed to hook you up for one meeting a year
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
03/17/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Adrianu

As someone with a short, overbearing but well-meaning Jewish mother whose best interests are learning the dirty details of everything her children/friends do, gossip, and is capped 540/540 Nagging and dual-specced in Jewish Guilt and Actually An Awesome Mom, I suggest this:

"Mom, I appreciate your efforts but please understand that I know what makes me happy. I'm still young; I promise I have a lot of time to figure things out and right now, this is what makes me happy. I will find a girl/boyfriend when I'm ready. It hurts when I'm nagged about it. Please understand that I need to do things at my own pace."
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Yeah, I tried having such general talks with her, ain't workin'. Guess I'll just keep on being a hermit whenever she tries to make me meet people. Dunno why it's so hard to understand I enjoy solitude though, grumble grumble.

Oh! Forgot about this earlier.

Pigi posted this: http://img25.imageshack.us/i/cornvh.jpg/
So I asked "Now Pigi, what happens if I eat my corn one row left to right, then one row up and down, and alternate like that?"
His answer: http://img825.imageshack.us/i/adrianucorn.jpg/
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
03/17/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Adrianu
http://img825.imageshack.us/i/adrianucorn.jpg/

Well-played.

<_< I think I eat mine like a lathe, revolving the ear of corn with my teeth scraping along until I meet the point where I started.
Edited by Eilethalua on 3/17/2011 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So I looked up chatterbots and found JabberWacky. Upon loading the page, it asked whether I had read Harry Potter. After what passed for a short conversation it asked if I had read Twilight.

Have you read Twilight?
I have not read Twilight. I will not read Twilight. Everyone I know agrees they are horrible books.
Not you.
You're wrong there. I agree they are horrible books.
We should get one, we'll take turns riding it.
That didn't make sense.
It did, you're just blonde.
How did you know that?
I am a robot of Intellect. I know all.

I could do this all night. XD But I won't. Weekday tomorrow :(

Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
whyamiawakei'msodumbfffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Still making daily threads with an expired account. Good job, blue!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
hi
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hi

Well that certainly is yellow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
How's this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
How's this?

Murloc disguise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/19/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Silversol
How's this?

Murloc disguise.

^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]