Patch 4.1: Addon Messages Will Be Filtered

(Locked)

- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
that is possible, one of my theories is that the instance server is filtering addon messages if the pre fix was registered in a world server, or vica versa, so you may have to register it on player changed zone to keep it up? reloadui fixes it cause it'll also just reregister prefix when it loads.
Edited by Omegal on 4/27/2011 1:39 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Can we shoot Blizzard in the face yet...
So I've tried re-registering the prefixes again during PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD and then tried again re-registering during ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA. In both cases, the code was executed when it needed to be and RegisterAddonMessagePrefix() returned true, but addon communications still weren't working.

Additionally, returning to the zone you were in when the prefixes were first registered does not restore communications (EX. Logging in at Orgrimmar, comms work. Zoning to Ragefire Chasm, comms break. Zoning back to Orgrimmar, comms still broken)

Further... Zoning within the same continent (even if it gives you a load screen) does NOT break communications. (EX. Logging in at Orgrimmar, taking portal to Uldum, comms still work). Zoning to a new continent (Org to Twilight Highlands) breaks comms.
85 Gnome Warlock
I have done testing and testing on this and NOW you can only recieve addon-msgs IF your in the same zone as the other person!!!!!!

Thats why you guys cant get it to work...
Edited by Screwsloose on 4/27/2011 2:50 PM PDT
The truth they keep from us..... I have done testing and testing on this and NOW you can only recieve addon-msgs IF your in the same zone as the other person!!!!!!

Thats why you guys cant get it to work...

Not the case during my testing. I'm experiencing the problem even in the same zone if they have gone through an instance gate or zoned to a new continent to arrive at the same zone. Furthermore, if players log in (or Reload ui) in completely different zones (or continents or instances), the addon comms DO work while in different zones until a player goes through an instance gate or to a new continent.
Edited by Klahkeme on 4/27/2011 1:22 PM PDT
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
screw, blizz has explicitly said not to do that or there will be counter measures. This is a blizz bug. Being in diff zones has nothing to do with it, the server is still filtering addon messages despite a registered prefix. I notice this in raids when we are all in the same ROOM. I've done numerous tests and confirmed relogging fixes it but nothing else really does.

ah, edit so it doesn't read wrong cause of me addressing you by char name
Edited by Omegal on 4/27/2011 2:36 PM PDT
Community Manager
Indeed, there is currently a client-side bug preventing registered addon messages from coming through.

This is being hotfixed on the server-side. This will restore 4.0.6 functionality.
90 Draenei Shaman
Indeed, there is currently a client-side bug preventing registered addon messages from coming through.

This is being hotfixed on the server-side. This will restore 4.0.6 functionality.

Is there an estimate for a client patch to properly fix the issue?
Edited by Naidi on 4/27/2011 5:11 PM PDT
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior

Is there an estimate for a client patch to properly fix the issue?

^ agreed, i want to see functionality fixed,not removed
90 Human Warrior
When will the next patch be open to play on? I downloaded the client but I cant log on when i am trying to log on it always says I the wow error I need some help
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
gavril wrong topic to post on, unrelated issue. yours just sounds like a bad install or corrupt cache. see the technical support forums,gavril wrong topic to post on, unrelated issue. yours just sounds like a bad install or corrupt cache. see the technical support forums
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]