How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

80 Undead Warlock
Its amazing how they don't even pretend anymore that they are creating new things. Not that I am suprised they will keep the same skins. Were they nice? Yes, they were. Is this the reason of why they are just upgrading the stats and keeping it like before? Of course not.

Plus if some forgot, ZG armors overall were ugly and didnt look like troll stuff, with the exception of some items (the sets had nothing to do with troll art).

This is no doubt the world of recycle. Greenpeace would be proud...
Edited by Luciea on 3/14/2011 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
03/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Tell you what. Make Ragnaros drop an updated but graphically identical version of Perdition's Blade and I'll forgive you guys for never having released a legendary dagger that wasn't zone-bound.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
03/14/2011 12:44 AMPosted by Novosibirsk
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Sweet, I'll get to look like some freakshow mishmash of armor from different decades.

See Appearance Tab thread...

Right, but this is always the case while transitioning from one armor set to another anyway, so why does the terrible idea of the appearance tab need to be mentioned again?
Reply Quote

Well I'll be. Didn't see this one coming. Why don't you people work a little harder for that money you're making and do a better job. What a cheap way of trying to please your customers. At this point in time I think US government employees could do a better job designing this game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's called Nostalgia Ladies and Gentlemen. The ZA and ZG items have the same look as before for the same reason Heroic SFK has some of the same items. I think it is Awesome I can have some of the items I had then but now and there still viable. Those that call this corner cutting are most likely People that are new to the game. They don't understand how fun those raids were and how much those of us that were here to run them are happy they are back AS THEY WERE!
Edited by Dagonett on 3/14/2011 2:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
come on blizz, met us halfway. at least do graphical updates on items and hows about graphical updates for races.
Reply Quote

Why are you so insistent on making the revamped content (do I dare ask if you are running out of ideas for NEW 5 man instances?) a higher level of heroic difficulty?

What I would love to see is more REGULAR 5 man instances, not the abominations of death that the current heroics feel like. 5 regular instances with which to earn justice points is just OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD already.

I could care less about raid content...no, I take that back...I could not care any less. I never got into any of the big raids in Wrath until about a year into the expansion (I work hours outside of "normal" raid times, am in a small guild and do not want to leave it or transfer servers JUST to see/do 'current' raid content). I see the new guild rewards system and the push to towards harder and harder content a throwback to the days of Vanilla WoW and BC when things like DKP, scheduled raid times and demands of L2P made end game sound more like a second job that held no appeal whatsoever. Smaller guilds of friend do not seem to have a place is this new direction I see you taking the game, unless you do something like you did with the ICC 5 mans.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Blizzard could make items that look like poo and revamp content because they can, newsflash they have a lot of money and they refuse to let their art department loose to make new items for ZA/ZG they know that 95% of people that play wow are fanboys and these people will stick to what blizzard does and defend their laziness.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
I still have a couple swords in the bank from ZA in BC that are amazing looking. I think think this is a great idea. Now if they could bring back T6 Shaman look again I would love that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

5) Dinosaurs eat man
6) Woman inherits the earth
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/11/2011 7:12 PMPosted by Effervesce
ZA had some of the best looking armour in game, imo.

This. On my rogue i kept my set of ZA armor just because a gnome with glowing green tusks was a total badass
Reply Quote
As an artist, all of you art "critics" irritate me.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind new armor and weapons, so I have no gripe any of you on that front. I do have a problem with all of the whiners complaining about bad art, etc, etc, etc. I'd swear that throughout the entire history of WoW you hating everything visually except for one set of tier armor that was "awesome".

Not everyone likes the same thing, so at least appreciate the variety.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
No problem on that for me, well maybe a bit. I just find it ridiculous ..how EVERYTIME we get something new ..its always Horde leaders, it's getting old and I'm tired of it. I feel a lack of patriotism for the Alliance. This is Cataclysm! We aren't really working together unless your in the Circle ..of the Ring.. The start of the new Troll area has you kill Alliance that are moving in. Why would Vol'Jin want to work with us then? Ugh ..
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I dont care, aslong as i get an 85 version of Halberd of Smiting, with the same flavor text and can use it on my warrior, idc about reused content

Most polearms are now agility weapons, so it would be pretty useless on your warrior sadly. I actually can't remember the last strength polearm that i have seen.

Would be fun as a purely vanity item.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/11/2011 7:12 PMPosted by Mystìque
that 'world destroyer' weapon looked awesome.. it'll be nice to see that come back.

it already is, check troll archaeology. then check the arch forums full of people complaining about bis raiding items dropping from arch.
03/15/2011 2:23 PMPosted by Snooptrogg
I actually can't remember the last strength polearm that i have seen.

i think it was that one in ramparts
Edited by Tharna on 3/16/2011 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]