How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

85 Goblin Rogue
nothing pisses me off more, than uneducated, ignorant asshats calling Blizzard "lazy". It's fine to not like a change or to disagree with them on something, but calling them lazy is a whole new level of ignorance that makes my eyes turn red with rage.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/16/2011 6:49 PMPosted by Ezrair
nothing pisses me off more, than uneducated, ignorant asshats calling Blizzard "lazy". It's fine to not like a change or to disagree with them on something, but calling them lazy is a whole new level of ignorance that makes my eyes turn red with rage.

But...But... They know how much work goes into creating content for a video game, they know how much work goes into coding and the art of the new content, they know how to efficiently run a business and how to appease the gigantic player base that wanted these instances back.

Did you miss the memo?
(For herpderps:) /sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I want. My fething. Bear shoulders. That fething bear boss NEVER dropped them for me. Ever. DO. WANT.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh no, you mean the cool-looking old-school gear that had almost universally positive reception will be coming back?

OH GOD EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER. BLIZZARD IS THE WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET.

Some of us actually played back then, and don't really think the gear we wore for forever, on 6 different alts, is "cool". So for us, it just looks like them being lazy, rather then trying to provide us with new and exciting content.

If every single instance in the game dropped the exact same graphic of armor, with slightly higher stats, would you be satisfied? I wouldn't. I feel like the re-implementation of old graphics, along with old content, is a step in that direction. I'm not trying to whip out some stupid slippery slope argument, i'm just saying I would MUCH rather have seen a new instance, or at the very least new models in the re-hashed instances.

I do think it takes away from my appreciation of the company in general when they continually do this. No, it doesn't make them the worst company on the planet, but it sure did inspire me to go buy Rift and give it a whirl.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Wait, so no one really expected this. Everyone expected 1 new dungeon and 1 new raid.

Then blizz says, "hey, you're still getting 1 new dungeons and 1 new raid, but we're also throwing in 2 old dungeons that have been updated for modern content!"

This is slacking HOW? Would you prefer that we just get less content and ZA/ZG aren't even included?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
03/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Everytime I read this, I imagine a bad car sales men saying "New Engine, Same Body, It's thematically set to this car lot".
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warlock
Call me crazy, but I wanted new* mounts.

*NOT recolored skins of previously used mounts.

I hear you, however the issue stands that there's a surprisingly limited number of kinds of mounts and each comes with a full complement of recolours. Spotted or striped, armored nightsabers and raptors are all the same. Some are nicer than others. And it's not such a bad idea to offer a new nightsaber and raptor to tie it into the old flavor.

That said, the new ZG mounts seem rushed and disappointing. I find the new teal and red raptor to border on garish and the panther to be nearly indistinguishable from one of the old epic mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I don't really mind rehashed content either, but I wish they could get a little more creative with it. New models, new names, and so on.

They only times I get mad at Blizzard for rehashing content is when I'm looking for epic gear while leveling a new toons. While heirlooms are great becuase of the added exp their by far not the best gear for new toons.

I wish Blizzard would just
1)copy the content and leave the old
2) revamp the copy and integrate it under a new name
3)with a new creative touch add for higher levels

Perhaps give some follow-up lore like you always like to do saying something like X boss(end boss) has retreated and gather new minions that you can find X(revamped).
Then all you have do is change last boss and leave content.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/11/2011 7:04 PMPosted by Regalion
Thematically linked?!

Dictionary is your friend..
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Honestly this is why I quit playing. I have done these encounter so many times before that I want something more fresh.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Posted by Regalion
Thematically linked?!

Dictionary is your friend..

Dont be harsh.

It means it has to do with the consistency of the theme.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
03/11/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Soreni
Many of the items found in in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

I don't get it. Is there a memory strain on adding too many models to the game or something?

I liked the old artwork, but this smacks of corner-cutting by the art team. It's becoming quite the habit in end-game content.

they are trying to do more with less since all the best talent left wow
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'd like to see this gear you guys are cheering about for myself. >> It sounds fairly interesting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Heartless

ALL I WANT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sooo.. we get to see some awesome new mechanics on bosses we love and cherish from the days of old and items we have fond memories attached to coming back into the game?

I see no problem here. I look forward to it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Keep it up and at this rate the 4.3 raid will be Icecrown Citadel. You thought the lichking was dead but he's back with all his buddies!

You're an idiot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]