How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

85 Troll Shaman
03/11/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Soreni
Many of the items found in in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

I don't get it. Is there a memory strain on adding too many models to the game or something?

I liked the old artwork, but this smacks of corner-cutting by the art team. It's becoming quite the habit in end-game content.

Because this game has never reused models or did quick palette-swaps before Cataclysm. No sir.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I can see the plate armour in all it's 3 year old glory when I use my Sen'Jin trinket thingy. It's not that great. Not impressed. C- try again.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

sllllllllllllllllllllackers

I like how you say this, even after just admitting you didn't actually check to see if they are re-using the models and boss fights.

Pot, meet kettle.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
03/11/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Soreni
Many of the items found in in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

I don't get it. Is there a memory strain on adding too many models to the game or something?

I liked the old artwork, but this smacks of corner-cutting by the art team. It's becoming quite the habit in end-game content.

Sadly, people are going to read this as "WTF BLIZZ Y U SO LAZY 4?" when you're actually dead on. People are also going to defend it with the thought of the art team doing this merely so they can get to work on brand new content faster, which is CLEARLY working out for them.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
03/11/2011 7:20 PMPosted by Justrollin

Because this game has never reused models or did quick palette-swaps before Cataclysm. No sir.

You're implying that people enjoyed having one set of an armor type that looked exactly the same, in four different color patterns. You don't enjoy diversity?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
[quote="22281535313"]Because this game has never reused models or did quick palette-swaps before Cataclysm. No sir.

If the old forums were up, I'd link you to the threads from BC and WotLK where I asked exactly the same question as I'm asking here.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
eh I hate to break up the fanboi celebration here but we're getting shafted.

They're recycling content is pretty lazy for a content patch. Especially when content just keeps coming slower and slower. Don't get me wrong I'll be enjoying the dungeons as at least it's something to do at endgame, but I want more, more more more more more

You may enjoy running the "new" ZA and ZG once or twice, but they've already said they're designed to be a stepping stone between heroics and raiding, and they're going to have a piece for almost every gear slot. That's some serious repeat farming right there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
03/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Zarhym

Yay, more ugly armor.
Edited by Einchy on 3/11/2011 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/11/2011 7:19 PMPosted by Know
that 'world destroyer' weapon looked awesome.. it'll be nice to see that come back.

If you're being serious, that one already is back from doing Archaeology:

Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds
I believe they were more referring to Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
03/11/2011 7:26 PMPosted by Telm
Yay more re realsing of old content because your to lazy to design new @%@!

It's fine. It allows them to apply more time to copy pasting legs on Ragnaros. I'm not trolling. It's essentially true, right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

People wanted the mounts and not the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
PLEASE let the FIST weapons have a proc for Tony the tiger again.. PLEASE!!! even if its only looks!!!
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
eh I hate to break up the fanboi celebration here but we're getting shafted.

They're recycling content is pretty lazy for a content patch. Especially when content just keeps coming slower and slower. Don't get me wrong I'll be enjoying the dungeons as at least it's something to do at endgame, but I want more, more more more more more

Classic had a massive amount of different models used for different outfits.

When I equip a shoulderpiece on my warrior now it's, the exact same with a different shade of color, what gives?

Being as successful as WoW is I don't know why they would be so quick to put this game on the shelf.

Well said. I cancelled my sub recently, and when I read this, it only makes me happier that I've finally stopped giving in and shelling out cash to a company that has handed me rehashed mediocrity for years. I was just too stupid to notice before.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/11/2011 7:27 PMPosted by Imbald
Yay more re realsing of old content because your to lazy to design new @%@!

It's fine. It allows them to apply more time to copy pasting legs on Ragnaros. I'm not trolling. It's essentially true, right?
If by Copy Pasting legs you mean sticking Rag Armour on a Night Elf, then sure, it's true

03/11/2011 7:28 PMPosted by Wb
PLEASE let the FIST weapons have a proc for Tony the tiger again.. PLEASE!!! even if its only looks!!!

Do want
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

People wanted the mounts and not the raid.
Guess where the mounts came from?

This is a double package deal, in that regard.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Guess where the mounts came from?

This is a double package deal, in that regard.

Call me crazy, but I wanted new* mounts.

*NOT recolored skins of previously used mounts.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Sorry, but ZA gear looked badass imo. Definitely glad it'll be back.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock

You're implying that people enjoyed having one set of an armor type that looked exactly the same, in four different color patterns. You don't enjoy diversity?

It was even before the WotLK thing. I was collecting a purple set of judgement gear to start raiding on my paladin in BC, for example.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
RAR
I want the items to look the same. ZG armor was awesome looking, most current Cataclysm armor for rogues is ugly. I want to replace my ugly armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]