How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

I wouldn't be upset to get some funky look'n gear to break up our cata gear sets!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
03/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Yay!

I personally could use a break from all of the floaty rockiness of cata gear. Would be nice to see a bit more uniqueness in player appearances.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
DUDE U mean Ic an get another version of the awesome looking ZG shield! That shield was the best shammy looking shield in the game! But it looked stupid on Palies I admit
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
are the items that drop really lower ilvls (as per a certain wow info site) or will they be of the i359 variety?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/11/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Haysbert
are the items that drop really lower ilvls (as per a certain wow info site) or will they be of the i359 variety?
You can say MMO Champion, you know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/11/2011 9:01 PMPosted by Jedfo
I for one don't mind if they look the same.

The ZA gear had some funky yet fun looking gear. It will be sad seeing their main purpose is to become welfare shards.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

I should most certainly hope so! I loved my ZA gear, and I have a "legacy" set of gear from ZG. The gear is especially unique compared to some of the stuff we have seen over the last year or 3...
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
The ZA stuff looked pretty unique, and the ZG weapons usually had unique models, but the ZG armor was absolute crap. It was just re-used models of even older armor. If the models for the drops will be armor from ZA and weapons from ZG, that wouldn't be too bad.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I wouldn't mind seeing some old gear models reskinned; I have New Zin'rokh, but its pixiliated skin takes away from its epic awesomeness, I'd be fine with reusing old gear if the pieces that needed touch-ups got 'em.

On an unrelated note, I wish we could still have Sigs in forums, I have yet to figure out how/if you can do it since new site.
Reply Quote
6 Draenei Shaman

I want my rolling pin back!
Reply Quote

So you're saying Thekal's Claws will look like a tiger claw? And if I get that and Arlokk's claw I'll look like a tiger/panther/goblin hybrid? Sounds spiffy.

Unfortunately, it will probably just be a tiger/ goblin hybrid unless they tack on a set bonus like the original fists had in old zg. The stats on Arlokk's seem less than favorable, while Thekal's are beautifully perfect.
Edited by Sinderin on 3/12/2011 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/11/2011 7:09 PMPosted by Imbald
Is this the part where people say "I DONT MIND THEM RELEASING OLD CONTENT AS NEW BECAUSE THEY CAN RELEASE NEW RAID CONTENT FASTER"? New content = fire legs on Rag.

In Firelands, Majordomo Executus Jr. will have a top hat and a monocle.

Come on, just picture it.
Edited by Mishotem on 3/12/2011 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Paladin
03/11/2011 8:58 PMPosted by Ensabanur
This is what they never should have done. They should of left old content as old content and put their minds together to make new content.

Awesome logic right here.

Create all this content(which is now "old" content).

But never update it.

Let it sit there so people can run through it once...maybe twice while leveling.

If its a raid at lower levels...never run it because you want your toon at max level.

Old content takes up space and is very rarely used.

Blizzard should hire you. You'll never waste them a dollar...

Yes, because doing the same place, multiple times, at different level caps is the way to go. I see Blizzard has hired people with your ideas. Probably that same guy who majored in Marine Biology and gave him the lead systems designer job.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Warrior
I'm actually hoping thet re-use the ZA weapons and armor. That stuff was some of Blizzard's best work.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/12/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Kuroppoii
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments

In other words blizzard is just being lazy again and not only recycling a zone, but recycling gear....sounds about right

Clueless person is clueless.

Next people are going to start complaining that they reuse coding.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
i for one am looking forward to to ZG as i never got to run it when it was relevant for i started playing 1 month b4 BC came out so i always overgeared it, as alot of people who probably complaining about it being rehashed content, did so too. the content will feel differnt (even if its not) if it relevent your your gear and level compared to when you just over powered and facerolled it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]