How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

80 Troll Hunter
03/12/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Kuroppoii
You would think Blizzard could actually come out with new ideas but nope, the only new ideas they come out with are for new expansions for 35.99 at your nearest walmart, other then that all the "free" patch's are filled with recycled crap.

If you played a game from level 1-85 while pressing the same 4 keys in the same rotation over and over again, killing the same enemies with different health amounts and models over and over again then you clearly do not care about doing recycled content
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
To be honest and fair from a developer standpoint having to make new models for everything is rather tough. Take the color pallet for example: RGB has Red Green Blue values for their numbers. Up to 255 so 255^3 different combination's Take into account what degree of differentiation the Human eye can actually pick up then youre most likely seeing 100^3 different combination's.

You also have a size issue. I did some Q2, Q3, and UT2K4 modeling back in the day and you only had a set size of a PNG or AUX to use utilizing the Cartesian coordinate system (X, Y). So you have (X * Y)100^3. Also take into account the added "negatively" flagged pixels in that image, how certain colors dont belong next to eachother(to be artistically sound) you have a very discrete set of possibilities. And by the looks of the game already: it looks like they only have a few(50 or so) tricks left.

So give the dev team some credit for exhausting all other permutations/combinations
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
that 'world destroyer' weapon looked awesome.. it'll be nice to see that come back.

If you're being serious, that one already is back from doing Archaeology:

Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds

Zin'rohk =! Jin'rohk
=]
---------
I do feel the need to add though.

If the reasoning is that "it will fit in with the lore of the place because troll raid is troll loot" cool. that doesn't excuse not spending the time designing new troll loot instead of the same models as before.
Edited by Lamp on 3/12/2011 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/12/2011 6:34 AMPosted by Neck
It's really stupid to randomly dress the entire WoW population in troll themed gear just because a giant black dragon bursted unexpectedly out of the earth's crust.

Troll instances drop troll-like gear? Makes sense to me.

I'm fine with them re-using the models. ZA specifically has better looking gear than anything in cata.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'll be happy to see the old art back, myself. I was kinda sad when I heard ZG was getting blown up by Cata. Even if people hardly touch it, the old content can have an emotional tenor for those of us who spent a great deal of time with friends working on it.

Imagine you grew up in a certain house and then move away. You may not see that house for years, but when you drive by it there is still something that pulls on you. That, for me, is ZG and the ZG items.

Sometimes reusing content is lazy. Other times it's keeping the spirit of something the fans appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

Quoted for extreme truth
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just remember cataclysm is just one massive remake of old content so if you paid for the expansion than obviously you were willing to pay for recycled content.

And why would you care, its gonna be a 5 man instance. Big deal. After you get your new gear from it you just end up coming back to get your daily VP every once in a while.

I for one enjoy going back to old instances and trying to take out the new bosses. It has a sort of nostalgic feel to it. I don't think using the same instance takes away from the fight because with the new boss mechanics I'm not focusing on how the textures are the same or the model was used before. I'm focusing on keeping people alive and making sure I don't mess up on the boss.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Warrior
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

Quoted for extreme truth

Double quoted for radical extreme truth to the max!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
tm
Soon Blizzard are going to run out of old content to revamp and add to the game.

It just smacks of laziness and more importantly a very poor strategy. If you have a cash cow like WoW then cutting corners is the last thing you want to be doing. All these little things continually add up until people reach a tipping point.

This is just another X in the column against WoW - either just giving old content a little bit of an airbrush or something abysmal like ToC which seemed like it had all of about 10 minutes thought put into it.

If I'm running a MMO and I'm breaking even or losing money - sure I'm looking to cut corners. If I'm laughing all the way to the bank then I'm doing everything in my powers to keep the fan base happy, even if that means hiring more people or making sure the overall vision is correct and I simply don't think thats the case anymore with WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm glad that we will have troll themed loot again. It has been a long time since my Shaman looked like a shaman...

Seeing how ugly most of the newer gear is getting I don't mind them going back at all lol.

Quoted for extreme truth

Double quoted for radical extreme truth to the max!

Triple!?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If by Copy Pasting legs you mean sticking Rag Armour on a Night Elf, then sure, it's true

Do want
Guess where the mounts came from?

This is a double package deal, in that regard.

Again, people wanted the mounts and not the raid. They were sad/mad they would not be able to get the mounts, no one was sad that they couldn't run Zul'Gurub anymore.

And it's not like they couldn't have made a completely new troll based dungeon and put those mounts in there.

Actually, people DID say they wanted the raid back. I read through all those seemingly never ending "QQ I want amani warbear/tiger/raptor" threads and the majority of people in there agreed that they all want the mounts, and would be happy to have ZA/ZG raids back to try and get them so they won't just be getting handouts.

One person even suggested that ZA/ZG should be turned into 85 level zones so they can feel like they are working hard for their mounts just like the BC raiders did. Many people felt the same way.

If you're unhappy with ZA/ZG coming back, blame your fellow WoW players. Blizzard is bringing it back because that is what the people wanted. Crybabies imo, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find it funny, though, how all people ever talk about are these 2 dungeons which aren't even raids. No one ever talks about the other new stuff is Blizzard is bringing in. TUNNEL VISION FTW.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Good thing they are using the same models as the previous designs. I lack faith in the current designer's ability to draft nice looking gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
03/12/2011 1:49 PMPosted by Kimmiee
I find it funny, though, how all people ever talk about are these 2 dungeons which aren't even raids. No one ever talks about the other new stuff is Blizzard is bringing in. TUNNEL VISION FTW.

to be fair, that's partially because for the people that focus majorly on raiding as the core aspect of the game...the other side stuff doesn't really mean anything.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I hope they are the same models, ZA and ZG models were some of the best looking stuff in the history of warcraft.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
you guys realize that its ~2months until 4.2 is SCHEDULED to come out right?
They are giving us something shiney to play with while they FINISH the firelands.
I don't know about you, but a somewhat fresh scheme (has anyone ever making ONE of these stupid claims been on the PTR? if you have, you can bad mouth it, everyone else STFU.) to just give us a couple more heroics a day for a while, until we get new stuff.
Reply Quote
i think adding old content as new content refreshes the experience a little.
i prefer having old content revamped as a 4.2 patch in little time as a filler while 4.3 is ready rather than waiting 1-2 months more while firelands is ready.
its more like giving us extra recicled content while real content is ready
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]