How much do you want to bet that ZG and ZA

85 Night Elf Druid
03/12/2011 3:03 PMPosted by Stèìnèr
has anyone ever making ONE of these stupid claims been on the PTR?

LOL, don't be silly.. of course not. ( I haven't either )
They don't understand how a business works. Why test something when you can just complain about it.

As other's said, this is not only a way to bring us fresh content faster (they're not just working on 4.1/4.2, herpderp) and because they got such a massive request to bring these back.

PS: Optional content is optional, if you're going to complain, don't go.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Ugh, I hope they use the ZA bow models and not the terrible snake bow model. Do not want.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
03/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Meh.. The more I learn about this 'content' patch the more depressing it becomes.

How convenient that this happens to be the case; its also thematically linked to a worrying trend on how much cash you can save by reusing old models..

I noticed today one of Marrowgar's brothers sits in heroic halls.. I suppose that is thematically linked too?

Reply Quote
I'm glad that we will have troll themed loot again. It has been a long time since my Shaman looked like a shaman...

Seeing how ugly most of the newer gear is getting I don't mind them going back at all lol.

Double quoted for radical extreme truth to the max!

Triple!?

Double quoted for radical extreme truth to the max!

Triple!?
make mine a doubleshot xD
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why this is happening:

No troll raid in Wrath.

/thread
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Many of the items found in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman will have identical or similar art to the original items which dropped in these dungeons, as though they're thematically linked to their environments. ;)

Mismatched gear time now?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
1) Blizzard removes old content.
2) Players complain about old content being gone.
3) Blizzard revamps old content, brings back with relevant loot drops and all new reasons to run old content.
4) Players complain about old content coming back.

I'd have absolutely no complaints if they left the old versions as they were and added new, revamped ones.

In fact, I'd be incredibly overjoyed.
Edited by Vaires on 3/13/2011 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

Why cut so much in art work? Seeing a same armor or weapon over and over with different stat or color change is blend and boring.... bringing old dungeon back to life is one thing just changing the stat on armor and weapons and tossing it to your customers looks lazy and unmotivated.
Reply Quote
The people complaining about "slow release of new content" don't remember Wrath very well, do they?

Wrath was initially released on November 13, 2008.

The first major content patch (3.1) didn't come until April 14, 2009. That's -six- months.

Compare that to now. Cataclysm was released on December 7, 2010 (about a month later than Wrath), and we're already set to get a new content patch in the next couple of weeks.

Granted, it's not a new raid like 3.1 was, but it's still a hell of a lot faster than content was released in Wrath.
Reply Quote

Let me stop you and say what you really want to say

"We here at Blizzfail don't give a crap about taking time to re do things..We would rather take your money and do as very little as possible to con you into staying and giving us your money even tho since BC we don't deserve one penny of it"....

If you don't like what Blizzard has been doing since BC, why the hell are you still paying for the game?

Seriously. Most of the people whining and moaning about what Blizzard does on these forums continue to play regardless. It makes no sense.
Edited by Saná on 3/13/2011 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warlock
Oh no, you mean the cool-looking old-school gear that had almost universally positive reception will be coming back?

OH GOD EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER. BLIZZARD IS THE WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ugh, the healing plate from ZG looked absolutely awful. Definitely not looking forward to seeing that abberation again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
03/11/2011 7:19 PMPosted by Know
that 'world destroyer' weapon looked awesome.. it'll be nice to see that come back.

If you're being serious, that one already is back from doing Archaeology:

Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds

Doesn't exist.

QQ
Reply Quote
Wrath was initially released on November 13, 2008.

The first major content patch (3.1) didn't come until April 14, 2009. That's -six- months.

You have your Blizz goggles on, you should put things into perspective
5 lvls v 10 lvls
Wrath more dungeons
Wrath more rep grind
Wrath more dailies
Wrath in general more to do hence why the 6 month wait didnt drag so bad. By your reckoning we should have had a content patch after 3 months in Cata...but meh

80 to 85 took just as long as 70 to 80 did.

Wrath did have more 5 mans on release, I'll give you that one.

Rep? If you're talking about the whole Frenzyheart/Oracles thing, sure. Other than that, there were the same amount of factions to grind.

I don't remember Wrath having that many dailies until the Argent Tournament was released, which was in... *gasp* 3.1.

You're not taking into account all the new content from 1-60, though.
Edited by Saná on 3/13/2011 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Human Mage
I love how recoloring old school armor a lot of people loved is being lazy
Making new armor that people don't like is being lazy
Releasing new content that has some similar mechanics to old fights is being lazy
New content that's too hard is inconsiderate
new content that's too easy is being lazy

I bet anyone that passes you on the freeway is going too fast and anyone in front of you is going too slow right?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for expressing opinions as to whether or not you like something, but to automatically assume an action you dislike is a result of some fault of character on the developers' parts seems about 20 levels of "ah my gawsh the whole world is against me" unreasonable. Honestly...I bet if you'd get your friends together, that feel the same way you do, and put together coherent, non-raging threads, about the things you'd like to see in upcoming patches, you might start seeing them.

Last I checked it took 2 years for the "Heroic Deadmines Plz" threads to win out, but they did in the end.

Best get on it fellas.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]