Can we have less winged raids?

2 Goblin Hunter
Look, I don't know about you guys, but I have to be honest: Blackwing Descent was not terribly interesting from a level design point of view. Nor Bastion of Twilight but slightly better than BWD. I mean, I get that there's a limit on how creative you can make the layout without going overboard especially in this era of the game where no one cares for the big epic sized raids with trash and all that. I get it.

But for the love of god, can we at least do away with the "big center area, 3 wings with 1 room each" raids???

Like come on, ICC had all this promise, then you get to the upper spire....and its just a BIG invisible wall center...with 3 rooms.

Then we get to Blackwing descent....and its 3 rooms. COME ON. Except for the impaled dragons on the ceiling , the place is superbly uninteresting. Walk to the right, 1 room maloriak, walk to the left, 1 room chim, walk some more, 1 room atramedes.

This is terrible dungeon layout. I would prefer hallways to this. Sure its great for Joe Schmo casual who wants a raid buffet line. And you've kidded yourself that the populatoin likes it but some people actualy remembered when raids looked like raids - and not single rooms.

I remember my first step into Sunwell. I was floored with how great it was. Bring back the good level design and stop feeding me Old Country Raid Buffet.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
We need more patch 3.2s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The problem is all the effort went into redoing the starting areas.

Months and months... endless crunch time spent on glorious zones, quests and other content; all in an area players spend less than a day in, and NEVER return.

Meanwhile, a coupl'a days is spent designing and developing BoT : an area players spend hours and hours and hours in, over and over again.

See the problem?

No?

I've been leveling a ton of alts and I find the revamped old world to be a blast. The only problem is that outland positively sucks compared to the streamlined nature of the cata questing.

As to the actual topic at hand, winged raids are great since you can actually choose which boss to progress on. I know I'd hate it if BWD was a linear instance based on its lockout, and Maloriak was the penultimate encounter.
Edited by Octahedron on 3/11/2011 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
03/11/2011 9:06 PMPosted by Zarhym
A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. ;)

Now is this Elemental Invasion excited.

Or actual excitement?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/11/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Streager

Or actual excitement?

OK, now that made me laugh out loud. I'll confess. :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter

Or actual excitement?

solid question
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
03/11/2011 9:06 PMPosted by Zarhym

Are we allowed to bring melee this time?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Or actual excitement?

^ Very important question
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/11/2011 9:14 PMPosted by Communism

This
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/11/2011 9:14 PMPosted by Communism

You've never been allowed to bring melee.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Just one. The floor doesn't tank itself.
Reply Quote
15 Goblin Warlock
03/11/2011 8:29 PMPosted by Zujarn
We need more patch 3.2s.

This x500
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue
Trash is boring.

Bosses are fun.

Also, BWD is barely even winged. Having options to choose bosses doesn't = a different wing. Options are also nice to have. ❤
Yeah, ToC was a blast.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue
03/11/2011 9:22 PMPosted by Boznark
We need more patch 3.2s.

This x500
This X-1,000,000,000 3.2 was terribad. There never was, and never will be a raid as bad as ToC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]