Can we have less winged raids?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Agreed. Black Temple and Sunwell were awesome! BT had probably the best feel to it of any raid so far. It was dark but colorful. The bosses were in different areas but the whole place felt unified while at the same time giving each are a unique look.

ICC had so much potential but it ended up being kind of disappointing. I felt like I was doing segments instead of a unified epic area. I'd imagine the LK would have hired a more dasterdly interior decorator and architect. But times are tough, so I guess he went with simple and practical, a den for each minion.
Reply Quote
I don't really care about winged raids or not, I'm more concerned about the raid instance's ceiling being solid, unlike BoT and BWD for example.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
03/11/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Jurble
A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. ;)

So it's a linear raid then?
It's a parabola.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am reminded of a thread made back in WotLK about the majority of new dungeons being not dungeons at all and really just hallways and after hallways.

03/11/2011 9:38 PMPosted by Airborne
Yeah, ToC was a blast.

I got bored of ToC faster than I did leveling and I really hate leveling. Nevermind there was no trash to drop greens so the gbank dried up of enchanting materials. I hope Blizzard never makes a multi boss raid like ToC again.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 3/11/2011 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/11/2011 9:06 PMPosted by Zarhym
A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. ;)

Your enthusiasm for this particular post significantly boosts my expectations for this up and coming patch. =) (Hope my spelling wasn't too horrid.)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I never had a problem yet as melee other then some trash mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am reminded of a thread made back in WotLK about the majority of new dungeons being not dungeons at all and really just hallways and after hallways.

The problem resides in someone will find the "most efficient" path, and thus anyone that doesn't take that way is a "baddie".

I think it is a tough problem to crack, but I enjoy the fact that dungeons are now straight forward hallways. Navigating BRC is and was a nightmare. I wouldn't mind a more "open" dungeon, but there would have to be rewards and disadvantages. Say there are two paths to a boss, one way is shorter, and has less "trash". The thrash is really hard though, dps, healer, tank all have to stay on their toes. There is another way, that has more mindless trash, grab it and aoe it. Now in the end they both might take the same amount of time, but one would require more skill to pull off.

Being a melee hasn't caused me much disadvantage, except for a few fights where range can have a mild advantage for certain things. My big issue is that bringing 3-4 melee shouldn't be an issue, but it currently is. The hitbox and the the place you can stand to hit the boss should be larger.
Edited by Kabrai on 3/11/2011 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
karazan ulduar aq 40 /wtb moar
Reply Quote
Look, I don't know about you guys, but I have to be honest: Blackwing Descent was not terribly interesting from a level design point of view. Nor Bastion of Twilight but slightly better than BWD. I mean, I get that there's a limit on how creative you can make the layout without going overboard especially in this era of the game where no one cares for the big epic sized raids with trash and all that. I get it.

But for the love of god, can we at least do away with the "big center area, 3 wings with 1 room each" raids???

Like come on, ICC had all this promise, then you get to the upper spire....and its just a BIG invisible wall center...with 3 rooms.

Then we get to Blackwing descent....and its 3 rooms. COME ON. Except for the impaled dragons on the ceiling , the place is superbly uninteresting. Walk to the right, 1 room maloriak, walk to the left, 1 room chim, walk some more, 1 room atramedes.

This is terrible dungeon layout. I would prefer hallways to this. Sure its great for Joe Schmo casual who wants a raid buffet line. And you've kidded yourself that the populatoin likes it but some people actualy remembered when raids looked like raids - and not single rooms.

I remember my first step into Sunwell. I was floored with how great it was. Bring back the good level design and stop feeding me Old Country Raid Buffet.

Posts like this reinforce my lack of interest in raids.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
in this era of the game where no one cares for the big epic sized raids with trash and all that. I get it.

Who doesn't like epic sized raids and trash? Oh yeah, casuals looking for PvE handouts who thought ToGC was good content.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Trash is boring.

Bosses are fun.

Also, BWD is barely even winged. Having options to choose bosses doesn't = a different wing. Options are also nice to have. ❤
Yeah, ToC was a blast.

In all seriousness, I thought ToC was a cool raid. It was neat and interesting at the time. An entire patch dedicated to running it and only it four times a week however was not fun.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/11/2011 10:23 PMPosted by Astart
I never had a problem yet as melee other then some trash mobs.

Capitan Planets fire/water trash *cringe*

/afk to watch tv while ranged kills these.
Edited by Picklelickle on 3/11/2011 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
03/11/2011 9:39 PMPosted by Airborne
never will be a raid as bad as ToC.

Don't jinx it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
03/11/2011 9:39 PMPosted by Airborne
There never was, and never will be a raid as bad as ToC.

Somebody clearly forgot about Eye of Eternity~.

What we really need is another Patch 1.11. There will never be a single patch as epic as that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
03/11/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Streager

Now is this Elemental Invasion excited.

Or actual excitement?

I remember that, we never did get to see the big exciting event in the elemental invasion. Just had to kill rifts hoping for something different to happen...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, ToC was a blast.

In all seriousness, I thought ToC was a cool raid. It was neat and interesting at the time. An entire patch dedicated to running it and only it four times a week however was not fun.

Good god the only thing worse than ToC was ToGC. Hey...let's make ToC harder, less interesting, more head-bashy, and now with NO ROOM FOR ERROR!~ Yayyyyy! Oh wait, what?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]