What is the easiest class to play?

My wife is going to give WoW a try and she wants me to pick out the easiest class to play for her. Being ive really only played a hunter its the only class i know.

Either way what DPS class has the fewest needed hotkeys to be decent?

Thanks
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
boomkin is pretty simple, but the druid itself can be complicated i suppose
Reply Quote
36 Dwarf Warlock
Hunter still easily takes that cake.

Rogues and mages take fewer buttons to be sure, but they also require a given amount of finesse at lower levels to stay alive and may create piles of frusteration while she attempts to adapt.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Arcane mage is by far the simplest class to PvE with.

The Burn Phase
Optimal Cycle: ABspam+
Usage requirements: All cooldowns popped (AP, Mana Gem), Evocation available.
Duration: 15 to 25 seconds (scales up with gear), however long it takes to get from 100% to 40% mana using the optimal cycle.
Explanation: The 'burn' phase is activated when all cooldowns are popped and evocation is available. Use ABspam to burn mana from 100% to ~40% mana.

The Regen Phase
Optimal Cycle: - none -, use evocation or fight specific mechanic to bring mana back up to 100% as quickly as possible
Usage requirement: Successfully completed burn phase, evocation available.
Duration: 6 seconds
Explanation: This short phase must be used directly after a burn phase to bring your mana back up to near 100%. Arcane mages must strive to keep their mana as high as possible for as long as possible.

The Conserve Phase
Optimal Cycle: ~variable~, whichever cycle is mana neutral in your gear. A 'mana neutral' cycle is defined as the highest DPS cycle with which you can maintain relatively the same mana % point for some extended period of time. This cycle, naturally, is totally defined by gear and will increase in AB usage as gear increases. e.g. For Cataclysm pre-heroic gear, this cycle was found to be AB2 ABr/AM.
Usage requirement: Whenever you are not 'burning' or 'regenning'.
Duration: as long as it takes for your cooldowns to come back up for another burn phase.
Explanation: This is the core phase for Arcane. Due to this, I will describe how you can optimize this phase in more detail below.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
What does she want to do?

Melee?
Ranged?
Tank?
Heal?

For Melee, tank and healer, I'd set her on a paladin, they're good if you're new but at least know the basics.

For a ranged, I'd say mage or hunter. Steer her away from DoT classes, they usually have a lot of things to monitor and can be overwhelming for some newbies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Burn Phase: Pop CDs spam arcane blast to ~40% mana if evocate is off cd

Regen phase : Use evocate.

Conserve phase Arcane Blastx2 missiles/barrage.

This is how to play arcane mage.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Have her try out a couple of classes she thinks looks like fun to her. If she doesn't like them, she can always make another. But don't delete the toons. She might want to go back to them when she gets more confidence in her playing ability.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I would suggest a rogue or a hunter.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I'd actually suggest prot paladin... it's not a DPS spec, sure, but it's super-easy while leveling. Puts out nearly as decent numbers as Ret just because Avenger's Shield is so dang overpowered before it scales properly at endgame, plus they're practically unkillable.

The only hotkeys I really used while leveling were Avenger's Shield, Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous (essentially just the AoE version of Crusader Strike), Hammer of Wrath ("finishing" move; the game will tell her when the enemy's HP is low enough to use it), Word of Glory, and Judgement to keep my mana up.

Didn't even really use Shield of the Righteous until after 80; it's supposed to be in the normal rotation, but I found things died quickly enough pre-80 and the Holy Power was better spent on continuously topping myself off with Word of Glory instead.

*shrug*
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Boomkin.

Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Starfire>Starfire>Starfire>Starfire>Starfire

Sometimes though you have to do crazy things like Sunfire and Insect Swarm or even those other crazier things like Starsurge and Starfall!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
pally hands down things unkillable free heals good dmg u run around spamming crusader strike judgement and word of glory
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Honestly, they're all easy to level, and whichever class she chooses will be familiar to her by the time she reaches any endgame content.

That said, my first character was a rogue and I had a miserable time leveling it. This was before Recuperate, and even as an herbalist I often had trouble staying alive when Vanish was on CD.

In answer to your actual question, arcane mage uses the fewest buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Burn Phase: Pop CDs spam arcane blast to ~40% mana if evocate is off cd

Regen phase : Use evocate.

Conserve phase Arcane Blastx2 missiles/barrage.

This is how to play arcane mage.

It's just that easy.

I love my mage.

Edit: It is a little boring the first 30 levels or so.
Edited by Dalamara on 3/12/2011 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
What does she want to do?

Melee?
Ranged?
Tank?
Heal?

For Melee, tank and healer, I'd set her on a paladin, they're good if you're new but at least know the basics.

For a ranged, I'd say mage or hunter. Steer her away from DoT classes, they usually have a lot of things to monitor and can be overwhelming for some newbies.

She has never played a MMO, or RPG or really any video game so she doesn't know what she wants to do lol but im going to go with dps so shes not responsible for tanking or healing right off the bat, mabye in the future when she gets a grasp but not at the moment
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You know what you gotta do, get RaF, level whatever she thinks sound appealing. If she doesn't like it, it took no time to level anyway... if she does, she's got 25 levels to really figure it out. That's what I did with my boyfriend. Don't try to start them on a class, you've got to let them pick for themselves - only they will know what play-style they like.

- For example ~ I started him on a Warrior figuring he'd like smashing stuff - he got frustrated ALOT because the rage regeneration was so bad at the time. We levelled a Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Hunter, Warlock etc all to 60 in no time, now he can pick & choose whatever he wants & he already has a few at level cap.
Edited by Flai on 3/12/2011 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]