Afk/Bots

I just did Battle for Gilnes, 10 v 10 bg.
we had 2 people who were afk and one who was a bot that mounted and ran forward.

I reported all 3 along with another two people in the bg and they were never removed. They never entered combat they stayed inside the ship where you enter the battleground.

Blizzard needs to make something to counteract this.

Id like a blue post on here please because you cant win 7 v 10.
Community Manager
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.
29 Blood Elf Rogue
And so it begins...
85 Blood Elf Priest
Finally, thank you.
39 Blood Elf Mage
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

So you do know this forum exists. O.o
1 Human Paladin
My birthday was two weeks ago and christmas was, what 3 months ago? This feels like both rolled into one.

Thank you blues for finally doing something active about this.

My faith in pvp is one step closer to being restored.
win
90 Human Mage
03/15/2011 6:38 PMPosted by Sporatic
I see a lot of high rated players afking bg's all the time. Kind of wonder how they'll react.

Like High-Rated Players should actually play. They aren't above the law and this will ground back to reality.
61 Dwarf Priest

What the... did someone hack a blue account?! I don't think I have ever seen a blue non-stickied post here.

Anyways, we are very glad to hear about this.
90 Night Elf Druid

Yay!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I see a lot of high rated players afking bg's all the time. Kind of wonder how they'll react.

LOL same, actually, a surprising amount. I don't think that top echelon enjoy mucking in with all the working and middle class (equivalent) players.
80 Gnome Death Knight

I'll believe it when I see it.. A Puzzle lock provides greater defense. Detection is going to fail because of the complexity of many of the bots. Some bots fight better then many players do.

There is really not much reason for high rated players to even step foot in a normal BG anymore (other than maybe to roll the undergreared... which is not afking).

They no longer need honor to buy gear... so there is very little reason to be there.
85 Orc Rogue

I'm so happy to hear this, thank you so much! :)
I mainly PvP with my toons, the amount of Bots I've seen within this expansion has been frustrating.
90 Orc Warrior

I can not tell you how happy you've made me today.

Fight the good fight. Ban those botting scumbags!

:D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]