Afk/Bots

100 Human Priest
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

Players in battlegrounds need to start looking for and reporting AFK’s! And Botters! I Don’t even need the Honor... As im working on getting Arena Epics. I go into BG’s To help other Alliance WIN. Im one of the few who always Joins as heals un like Most in my battle group... Please do your part to help your faction remove players getting free Honor, Another problem is sometimes by time a player is reported the BG has ended and Blizzard Just Awarded cheaters free Honor from our hard work trying to win.

Some of you need to get a set of PvP gear, I see lots in BG’s wearing thier PvE gear and that’s why you die so fast...lol And it’s part of the reason we lose sometimes.

Also all the complaining? In BG’s... The way I see it if you have time to type that much nonsense your most likely not fighting and that hurts the Team.

- Good luck everyone! :)
35 Orc Warrior
Bots get more honor then some participating players, blue post is to keep the people hopeful and re-subscribing, that's all.
100 Human Mage
Players in battlegrounds need to start looking for and reporting AFK’s! And Botters! I Don’t even need the Honor... As im working on getting Arena Epics. I go into BG’s To help other Alliance WIN. Im one of the few who always Joins as heals un like Most in my battle group... Please do your part to help your faction remove players getting free Honor, Another problem is sometimes by time a player is reported the BG has ended and Blizzard Just Awarded cheaters free Honor from our hard work trying to win.

Some of you need to get a set of PvP gear, I see lots in BG’s wearing thier PvE gear and that’s why you die so fast...lol And it’s part of the reason we lose sometimes.

Also all the complaining? In BG’s... The way I see it if you have time to type that much nonsense your most likely not fighting and that hurts the Team.

- Good luck everyone! :)

I completely agree with Xpriest. We see so many people afk'ing/botting in bgs when we run them. I personally think Alliance would win more bgs if others would learn to report the people that are afk'ing. They don't deserve the honor that they are getting unlike the people that are doing their best to win that particular battleground.
44 Dwarf Mage
03/19/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Xpriest

Outside of crafted sets (which on my server are ridiculously overpriced) you can't step into a regular battleground geared for success. That's the whole reason I play non-rated bgs, I'm trying to buy gear!
100 Human Priest
Did I miss something?

How do arena players not need honor?

Heh... apparently you did miss something... called Conquest points.

High-rated players are decked out in Conquest gear, not honor gear.

Honor points have no meaning to them unless it is a fresh 85 (in which case, it WILL NOT be a high rated toon either).

The post that I quoted originally said that they had seen "high rated" players AFKing/botting... that is unlikely.

Honor is still somwhat usefull to 85's With Conquest Gear, In Champions hall in Stormwind you can buy tradeskill items with Honor and Heirloom BOA gear. :P
69 Blood Elf Mage
Here's something interesting I'm hearing tonight from a few friends who are tracking this saga.

Apparently the guy who sold this archaeology/pvp-tool hack is from Germany. According to a reliable source, he put a virus in the program, giving himself access to your computer (a backdoor). He claimed he did that in order to have a feature that will auto-login your character in case you disconnect from the game. He also claims it's "optional".

However, the mere installation of the program onto your hard drive sounds off a virus alert for a backdoor trojan. So much for optional. I verified that myself when I was given a link to his manual and I see that it indeed flat out admits this:

"Attention: Disable the virus scanner for this time. It can be that your virus scanner kills / deletes pvpTool while downloading, which is not very nice!!"

heh.. I'm sure. Now onto the bit about "pvpTool". Scanning their own open threads tonight, we found that it's the pvpTool everyone is after, not the archaeology doodad that comes with it that people would have you believe. It's definitely the BG-bot that's the big seller here.

I would say more, but don't want a TL;DR post or a slap from Blizzard. The main thing now is to understand you bought a virus from a guy that's playing a dangerous game within a game and he doesn't care how he gets his money. Because in the end, to guys like this, that's all this is about. He'll get money if you buy his hack or he'll get it stripping your account later. One way or the other, he couldn't care less how he gets it.
69 Blood Elf Mage
I don't think I have to prove again why suggesting to Blizzard that getting rid of shared battleground honor is crucial to solving this pandemic.

We're sure that Blizzard is aware of what this bot-program does and the way to counter it is to change what they are getting out of it. AFK'ing the battlegrounds is giving them free honor that they use to buy starter gear. That's what this is about.

What say you, Blizz?
100 Human Priest
I am referring to those who choose to PvP in their Dungeon gear instead of PvP the gear they may have but choose not to equip out of convenience.
1 Orc Hunter
Posted by Bashiok
We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

I've opened tickets reporting about 200 (no joke)bots since more than a year ago, talked with game masters about 4 times and this problem still exists, also until this day ive seen some of the same bots doing the same , seriously?? yeah after 400 days some of them persist, so you're telling me blizzard will take action and punish them, ive heard this since long time ago, and i guess is another lie to try to keep players happy with fairy tales, and the money running.
Anyways thanks for the joke i loled hard, you really made my day.

my record is warsong gulch bg with 6 bots in my group.
Edited by Garduga on 3/20/2011 4:28 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Bashiok

/sends 6 pack of Bud Light to Bashiok

TY !!
85 Tauren Druid
hmmm Bud light tasty
85 Gnome Warrior
I totaled in just over 80. If there is some sort of system that is in the process of solving this problem, then this number should be reduced over the next few weeks.... we will see.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
my friend was in a strand of ancients with 10 bots none of them where kick cause they out numbered the active players reporting them
85 Night Elf Hunter
Here's something interesting I'm hearing tonight from a few friends who are tracking this saga.

Apparently the guy who sold this archaeology/pvp-tool hack is from Germany. According to a reliable source, he put a virus in the program, giving himself access to your computer (a backdoor). He claimed he did that in order to have a feature that will auto-login your character in case you disconnect from the game. He also claims it's "optional".

However, the mere installation of the program onto your hard drive sounds off a virus alert for a backdoor trojan. So much for optional. I verified that myself when I was given a link to his manual and I see that it indeed flat out admits this:

"Attention: Disable the virus scanner for this time. It can be that your virus scanner kills / deletes pvpTool while downloading, which is not very nice!!"

heh.. I'm sure. Now onto the bit about "pvpTool". Scanning their own open threads tonight, we found that it's the pvpTool everyone is after, not the archaeology doodad that comes with it that people would have you believe. It's definitely the BG-bot that's the big seller here.

I would say more, but don't want a TL;DR post or a slap from Blizzard. The main thing now is to understand you bought a virus from a guy that's playing a dangerous game within a game and he doesn't care how he gets his money. Because in the end, to guys like this, that's all this is about. He'll get money if you buy his hack or he'll get it stripping your account later. One way or the other, he couldn't care less how he gets it.

Not that I'm saying botting is good, but seriously trying to lie about a product or service by providing outright disinformation isn't cool broski.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/20/2011 4:45 AMPosted by Narliaola
Not that I'm saying botting is good, but seriously trying to lie about a product or service by providing outright disinformation isn't cool broski.

Calling someone a liar without any proof is what's not cool "broski". What he wrote happens to be 100% correct. i dare you to prove what's "disinformation". I was on vent during this discussion myself and so were a lot of other people.

You got something to say? Let's hear it.

The fact that you just called this fiasco a "product" and "service" says it all. It happens to be illegal. I'm thinking Malgad just put out a warning that some people didn't know. And by doing so, you seem far too upset.
Edited by Kamirá on 3/20/2011 6:08 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]