Afk/Bots

90 Gnome Mage
Everyone should just stop doing the Bg's altogether. Have just bg's with afk'ers and bots. Wonder how AB would turn out or EoTS. Blizz says they will correct the problem, I don't see (figure of speech) them doing anything.
63 Undead Death Knight
This is nonsense. So, there will be fewer afks and bots soon? Right...

Twindrin is right, that would work but Blizz would never do it.
Edited by Gumbydammit on 3/21/2011 5:34 AM PDT
I honestly dont think theyre trying very hard to stop the AFKing/botting. If anything, its gotten worse. I just got out of a Random EotS (which has been my "random" BG for the past 2 days), and there was 5 AFKers and 2 bots. How am I supposed to rogue with bots following me, giving away my location? Im getting real sick of PvP in general anymore.
Edited by Burial on 3/21/2011 8:43 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
@ Nocturna

Aliandrina is not me,
I can prove that or you can ask a Blizz GM.
Accusing me of being somone im not to cause grief/harassment and spam/toll, linking your
gear? lol. Thats off topic of this Fourm. Your post has nothing to do with Bots/Afk'rs. I made several valid points about the fourm topic if you dident understand or dont agree? No need to Flame my post... I see you might be confused, My intent was not to spam, or lock/disrupt the fourm in any way.

@Nocturna

Xpriest and I are not the same person. The only reason I have a couple deleted posted was because I didn't like the way they came out. I had no intention of trying lock the thread. I feel as strongly as Xpriest does about afk'ers/botters in bgs because we see it all to often. Just like Xpriest said, if you don't believe that we are 2 different people ask a GM.
9 Night Elf Hunter
@ Nocturna

Aliandrina is not me,
I can prove that or you can ask a Blizz GM.
Accusing me of being somone im not to cause grief/harassment and spam/toll, linking your
gear? lol. Thats off topic of this Fourm. Your post has nothing to do with Bots/Afk'rs. I made several valid points about the fourm topic if you dident understand or dont agree? No need to Flame my post... I see you might be confused, My intent was not to spam, or lock/disrupt the fourm in any way.

@Nocturna

Xpriest and I are not the same person. The only reason I have a couple deleted posted was because I didn't like the way they came out. I had no intention of trying lock the thread. I feel as strongly as Xpriest does about afk'ers/botters in bgs because we see it all to often. Just like Xpriest said, if you don't believe that we are 2 different people ask a GM.

My post you all are replying to has long since been deleted (late yesterday). ALL of my replies with the name of the AFK bot I've been reporting are gone.

In reply to Xpriest, here's the play-by-play:

Xpriest: Some of you need to get a set of PvP gear, I see lots in BG’s wearing thier PvE gear and that’s why you die so fast...lol And it’s part of the reason we lose sometimes.

- (after i linked my NINE pieces of lvl-appropriate PVP gear, in a reply which is now deleted)

Xpriest:[...] linking your
gear? lol. Thats off topic of this Fourm. Your post has nothing to do with Bots/Afk'rs.
I made several valid points about the fourm topic if you dident understand or dont agree? No need to Flame my post... I see you might be confused, My intent was not to spam, or lock/disrupt the fourm in any way.

translation: "OMG! Ur so off topic!", when all I did was link the gear (with an armory screenshot to prove it's equiped) that supports the first point: PVP gear is worn... you brought up the point about gear, I merely replied. My point? Like i stated previously, in the 75-79 bracket, it simply does NOT matter as much. 77-79 will most likely annialate any lowbie with the misfortune of being on the other team from them.

Back on the subject of AFK bots:

Having 3-7 AFKers in, say, Isle of Conquest can easily turn the battle as to who wins. They're not healing. They're not DPSing. They're not driving a machine or operating a gun from a tower.

The bot I've been tracking is still going strong. After making a toon on her realm, I wrote out a simple ticket (after having observed her entering 2 different BGs):

Game Master reply:
http://i51.tinypic.com/flgg1g.png

Guess what? That person is still active in this game and still queuing up for BGs. Got a screenie of her in WSG this morning.

And she's still wearing that lvl nine gray-named belt, too.

She's been reported as AFK in every match she was in with me. If I seen her at the start, I told everyone else in the Bg what she is about and they reported her as AFK, too. AND I wrote up tickets in those BGs, too. That "person" needs to be investigated. All the behavior, constant queuing, being logged in for 5 days straight... ya, that's quacking just like a bot, imo.
70 Undead Priest
If you want things done yesterday, you might as well unsub and go find a different game to play. Posting on the forums acting like Blizzard doesn't care is a very disrespectful thing to do, and you should be banned based on principle just for that.

L2 patience and maybe you might get somewhere

Ya, Come on guys just because people have been botting without penalty for years ruining the battlegrounds its no reason to lose our patience, so what if the bots you ticket are still botting weeks or months after blizzard said they will investigate.

Just because its been a problem for years and has gotten to the point of can't play a battleground without bots and afkers in every game doesn't mean we should lose our patience. So what if half your team is running the bot programs or you have no chance to win and get 5 manned every time you take a step. Show a little patience, come on guys, Lets make up a blizzard cheer and let them know that if they need another year or two before they step up then we are in their corner.
Edited by Ezdot on 3/21/2011 2:37 PM PDT
Bump, to keep blues honest.
I have screenshots with more. Especially in AV/IOC where you can easily have 20+ bots.

This was the worst I have ever seen it. Happened about a week ago.

http://img268.imageshack.us/f/8bots.jpg/

8/30 players in the BG were bot's.

Every single bots gets more honor than the DK who worked his ass off, despite them having twice as many people.

Makes botting look pretty attractive, doesn't it?
Here's the thing. You guys expect them to sift through 12 million active accounts right this minute, and start banning people who are using methods that currently evade warden detection.

It takes time to collect data, even with warden modified to catch macro botters. It takes time to have someone intelligently identify who is a repeat offender that just afks mostly, and who is botting with a macro bot.

It takes time to take action against these people, some of which will simply be stripped of their honor/gear earned. Others which will be banned permanently. I certainly wouldn't want to see people hastily banned by mistake, and I would rather Blizzard take a little extra time on this to make sure they catch the right people.

If you want things done yesterday, you might as well unsub and go find a different game to play. Posting on the forums acting like Blizzard doesn't care is a very disrespectful thing to do, and you should be banned based on principle just for that.

L2 patience and maybe you might get somewhere.

depending on when blizzard decided to take measures against bg botting. We don't know how long. If they are just now starting, that in itself says they have problems of their own.

In the meantime, we can look forward to MONTHS of actively botted bg's. This isn't a good thing either. Just because they might do something meaningful much later doesn't mean there isn't a serious problem impacting quality of pvp gameplay now.
90 Gnome Warlock
Another problem is that there was an AFK in AV. He got only 10 honor less than me.
are they actually going to implement some smart counters to botting? ie if you get flagged afk 2-3 games in a row you get a week long deserter buff? or is this just another ban wave that will be a temp fix?

i got a week long forum ban for 'harassment' posting the names of 4 botters in my twin peaks BG, 40% of my team botting and we couldnt even flag them afk. the current system is so opaque + ineffective that most people feel opening tickets isnt even worth the effort
1 Human Rogue
To clarify for someone who seemed confused about "AFK'ing in battlegrounds..." I believe that means just sitting in the BG not contributing anything.

That does not seem to be the same thing as AFK'ing from battlegrounds. I doubt that habitually abandoning BG's before they run their course will have any affect on the standing of a user's account. Blizz seems content with the 15-minute deserter debuff as far as that is concerned.
85 Draenei Priest
Well it's not working. Think I will quit anyway. pretty tired of it. reached a point of too little too late
85 Draenei Priest
A bot doesn't go afk, and I have been kicked out of bg's because i died, went bio and then got a 30 minute ban? lol, most fail strat ever. How about come up with something honest. hmm, honesty, now thats something that blizz has not heard for a long time, a long time.

I am going to say something honest,

Last summer was awesome. Perfectly balanced game, so much fun, and everything made sense. now everyone can heal and int? healers heal but are constantly annoyed? pvp is broken? q times are messed up? alli loses

EVERY SINGLE GAME?

ok not every one, let me try again

ALLI LOSES 30 OUT OF 31 GAMES DUE TO BOTTERS AND NOOBS AND THIS NEW BG SYSTEM?

lol i AM SICK OF IT. gj blizz, Good _ _ _ _ _ _ _ JOB!
85 Goblin Death Knight
Ok so I dont know if they actually care about bots (im sure they do to a certain level) but making tickets and reporting DOES WORK! They might not ban that said player right aways but the account sure gets locked and nobody can play on it because Blizz thinks its been hacked and botting for gold. So hey, if it gets them out of my games for a few weeks, ill keep making tickets.!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]