Mass ban from botting

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Your friends knew that botting is against the rules.

They chose to do so anyway.

In doing this they ruined a lot of the game for a lot of other people.

The only thing that makes me sad about this is that they couldn't ban them faster.
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/15/2011 2:35 AMPosted by Alyria
silly mistake

Botting is NOT a "silly mistake", it's an intentional, harmful act. Kudos to Blizzard for letting the Banhammer out of its cage.
3 Draenei Shaman

The only thing that makes me sad about this is that they couldn't ban them faster.

So if you did a silly mistake, would it be fair to say that you should be perminantly punished for it? after spending time and effort and RL money into it or banned for a few weeks instead and having whatever you obtained from it removed? such as honor,gold,gear etc.

Its far from a mistake. They made the decision to cheat the system, their fellow players for gains they coud have done for themselves. They are more then welcome to buy new cd key but highly doubt their bans will get overturned, they got what they deserved by breaking rules they agree to every patch
85 Troll Mage
Botting/hacking has always been a ban by blizzard, never a warning. Not just in WoW, Diablo 2 botting was treated with the same policies.
Offering any kind of leniency would result in people being more willing to risk botting, if they knew they would only lose a profession or certain gear there is less risk. This is why botting will always be a ban
64 Tauren Death Knight
Good to see that something is finally being done about these people.

...just when a large portion of the playerbase was starting to think that nothing was being done, posts like this are re-assuring.

03/15/2011 2:36 AMPosted by Steelfistv
Kudos to Blizzard for letting the Banhammer out of its cage.
+1
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/15/2011 2:47 AMPosted by Nobully
Good to see that something is finally being done about these people.

There's always something "being done about these people". You will just never see as many posts like the OPs as you will posts by people seeing bots. When people get banned for botting, they very rarely post on the forums, so this myth that nothing-gets-done prevails.
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/15/2011 2:59 AMPosted by Ossietwin
nerf stfu mt account was hacked then i get banned, and you called me a boter

Who are you, and what are you talking about? If you got hacked, and someone used your account for something ban-able, you can appeal to have your account looked at again.
42 Gnome Warrior
Botters deserve no mercy.

I got so tired of high ranked pvp players botting in bg on their alts and mains, since they are the main culprits of botting. Also got tired of reporting every character that botted under the sun since woltk and nothing being done. Botting is the prime reason I don't even bother with bg's any more. What's point of joining a bg when any where from at least 1/4 to 2/5 of your team is botting while another 1/4 is afk. Worst yet I had some bg where at least half the team was botting.
Edited by Superpink on 3/15/2011 3:10 AM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
You reap what you sow.

You can't tell me that they didn't expect this possibility.

The fact it's actually happening, is NICE.

"Fool me once, shame on you" and "door slams in face", are very appropriate in this case.

Blizzard should never wait to be fooled twice by the same account, for the same thing, it's bad business sense.
Tell your "mates" to take it as a lesson learned and don't do it again.
Edited by Nornova on 3/15/2011 3:08 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/15/2011 3:02 AMPosted by Maeby
nerf stfu mt account was hacked then i get banned, and you called me a boter

Who are you, and what are you talking about? If you got hacked, and someone used your account for something ban-able, you can appeal to have your account looked at again.

He's hijacking other threads. His ban was upheld after they determined there was no hack. Best guess based on his information is that his brothers had access to the account.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

So if you did a silly mistake, would it be fair to say that you should be perminantly punished for it? after spending time and effort and RL money into it or banned for a few weeks instead and having whatever you obtained from it removed? such as honor,gold,gear etc.

That's like saying that baseball players were "mistakenly" taking steroids. Actually, the analogy's quite good, since some of these players you referenced were MLG "athletes".

We all agree to the same rules. They broke one of the biggest ones. They got nothing less than they deserved.
87 Undead Priest
They pressed agree that they wouldn't bot, Then they botted, then they got banned. Good riddance and hopefully they don't shell out the money to buy a new account either legit or off of ebay. Hate botters and the crap they do to the servers.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]