4.1, the patch of disappointments.

85 Blood Elf Mage
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, we werent asking for two, just one, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

and finally, we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal when you help out the guardians of hyjal, and as far as i can tell, NONE of the info that was promised is in the patch notes, please share your opinion on this.
Edited by Søulreaper on 3/17/2011 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'm excited for ZA and ZG again, can I feel cool being part of the elite 2% that you very mathmatically came to by just pulling numbers out of your ass
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
ok, i changed the 2%, and yeah i just kinda came up with it on the spot, but it still is a VERY small playerbase that wanted those 2 back.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
Ok time for history and reading lessons

WOTLK's first content patch - 6 months after release
Where we are now - 3 months into cataclysm

03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

What we're really saying is that we want more frequent, slightly smaller updates to the game so that content keeps coming. Since Firelands isn't quite ready yet, we've made the decision not to hold back the other 4.1 patch content for it. Instead, we're going to release patch 4.1 with the content that's ready to go so the majority of players have more things to do, while also putting some finishing touches on Firelands so we can ship it out in 4.2 shortly thereafter. We're not arbitrarily holding back Firelands. On the contrary, we don't want to hold back other content updates for Firelands.

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2190889261?page=1#16

Reading is fun

I'm also curious as to any recent quotes (like from 2011) from blizzard that say anything about promising abyssal maw in 4.1.
Edited by Dasian on 3/16/2011 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Human Warrior
Troll raids have always been my favorite part of wow...I LOVE TROLLS! I can't wait to go back.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Patch 4.1 -> 4.1 -> 4/1 ->First Day of Fourth Month -> April First -> April Fools!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I've never been to Zul'Aman or Zul'Gurub, so I'm looking forward to going to those places for the first time. :)

Also, this is the first expansion I've been around for so I'm keeping an open mind and wide-eyed excitement during all these patches.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm glad that ZA and ZG are returning, but its true, I do wish that dailies in Hyjal would come. :(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/16/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Grandevil
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.

Pretty much
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Death Knight
Patience young one.

Good things come to those who wait.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
Also its funny how the OP is whining about not getting firelands early when he doesn't have a single raid boss cleared and wears all blues and greens..I guess we all got trolled.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
Thank you for posting TotalBiscuit's Daily Azeroth he posted a week or two ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Actuallly...

No, we weren't promised 2 new dungeons. We were promised a new raid and a new dungeon. The firelands and the abyssal maw. Then, blizz threw in the redesigned ZA/ZG to throw in a little bit of extra content at a lower development price (Hey, the bosses are new!).

But then Blizzard beleived that current raiders needed more time in this tier, so they delayed it a bit.

You're still getting all of the same patch you were promised (actually, MORE than you were promised with ZA/ZG not being part of the picture at first), the only twist is that it'll be drawn out over a period of two patches.

So relax, you're still getting the content, just not as soon as you might want it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It's April Fools day patch, what blizz is actually doing is bringing back occulus and gnomeregan as level 85 heroics, as well as returning eye of eternity as a raid. Due to complications, firelands will not be out until 4.5 and the appearance tab wont make a showing until the next expansion.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
03/16/2011 6:51 PMPosted by Rommel
the appearance tab wont make a showing until the next expansion.
That's actually probably very accurate.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
hahaha the title of this thread is funny =)

no comment about the issue.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Druid
03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them?

Uh... have you ever looked up CONTRADICTION in a dictionary? yeah, this is an example...

you can't say NO ONE and then in the next sentence admit that SOME people of a vocal minority...

Your entire post is rubbish by the way... the patch will be fun... you have to actually seek out reasons to be disappointed... try the PTR, then come back and complain about what IS in the patch rather than what is NOT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]