4.1, the patch of disappointments.

100 Night Elf Hunter
It won't. They're scared at the failure of the playerbase to complete thri content
right now. They really thought we were all a lot better than we are apparently.
They also thought we'd all create Worgen and Goblin or change mains, which is
a bizzare thought because the current achievement, pet, mount, and reputation
system punishes you for changing mains. (They need to be account bound imo.)

The ZG/ZA gear being 353 is an experiment to see if using the current heroics as
a gate to get geared for raiding was a mistake. They'll let 4.1 sit for 3-4 weeks
before launching 4.2, because the boost or lack of a boost in raid clears with the
4.1 gear will determine the difficulty of the Firelands raid.

If the completion rate doesn't jump, we're going to start seeing big nerfs quickly.
Someone is breathing down their throats about this stuff, expecially since they seem
to have been in that water since the Ulduar issue. GC even posted back in Wrath
how the development money on raids was being wasted if no one was seeing them
to completion. This doesn't appear to have changed since then, but is being
blocked with the assumption that the 'unwashed masses' didn't have the gear advantage
they needed to succeed.

In the end the reasons for the raiding failure are from the extreme situations you're
put into where any latency over 150 prevents you from being able to complete them,
and that they balanced the 25 mans correctly and severely over tuned the 10 mans.
Which is why the 10 mans continue to see the larger chunk of the nerfs that are happening
even now.

Best post in this thread and beats the ones in most other threads as well. Well said and entirely true.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really like the fact that you're pushing Firelands back. So many of the major problems in Cata came from pushing for that bloody due date, and I'm sure you're well aware of them. It's a comfort to me to see that the people who have power over these things also have the capacity to observe that objectively.

Go Blizz!
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/17/2011 1:48 PMPosted by Copedogg
4.1 is a no content patch that is taking way longer than it should have.

It's a balancing patch as well. There have been a fair number of class changes.

More to the point of what I quoted, I trust that people commenting negatively about how long 4.1 has been on the PTR are entirely different people than the ones who complained about 4.0.6 coming out too soon and wondering why it wasn't tested properly on the PTR.

Remember that was only a few weeks ago.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
If the completion rate doesn't jump, we're going to start seeing big nerfs quickly. Someone is breathing down their throats about this stuff, expecially since they seem
to have been in that water since the Ulduar issue

Just who exactly would be 'breathing down their throats' as you so entertainingly expressed it?

More likely, the devs have expectations about raid success rates, they watch what happens and adjust as they go. I think you're probably correct that they'll do something to make it easier thereby leading to a counterflood of new threads accusing the player base of being bad. And so it goes.

I doubt seriously if there's some big guy in a suit standing outside the devs offices pacing back and forth and breathing....in that way. It's amusing to picture it though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As a publicly traded company, isn't it illegal to make false statements such as 'Enhancement to product X will be available at such and such time'? I would think so, considering the number of people I know, including myself, that are leaving the game -- seems like that could have an impact on revenue and thus impact investors.

"By luring an investor to put up money based on false or misleading information, the company and individuals within it commit securities fraud. False or misleading statements in public reports from publicly traded companies also can constitute securities fraud. To commit securities fraud, those speaking on behalf of the business must make these false statements with knowledge that they are false, or at least reasonably should know them to be false. "

...deleting public forum posts under the right light might also fall under Sarbanes-Oxley. S/O describes specific criminal penalties for manipulation, destruction or alteration of financial records or other interference with investigations, while providing certain protections for whistle-blowers.

It's just too bad the self-entitled player base that blizzard has tried so hard to tune the overall game for, is the same player base that has destroyed the important multi-player function of this game.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Druid
While we are on the subject of promises, anyone know where our Shen'dralar FoS is? Months of turning in books... three at a time.... THREE AT A TIME! No reward? I'm going insa.. oh wait.

p.s. sorry to spoil your flame war, posters above me.

I'll quote this in my support of the statement. It should also include a title but that is a different subject. We can start with just the feat. :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

A very unprofessional post from a Blizz employee? Yep.

A post from a Bizz employee tired of saying "Well, this is what we're THINKING about doing" and having people interpret that as the gospel truth, QQ'ing all over the forums, and flaming Blizz when it doesn't happen now because they're too dumb to know that creating this world is harder than opening the Family Size bag of Dorito's that you have in your lap.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

But then they'd have to wait to QQ!! And they want to QQ NOW!! (And get epic drops handed to them for doing it too!)
Edited by Hoernbeme on 3/28/2011 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight

we were promised the abyssal maw, we werent asking for two, just one, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

YOU DON'T REPRESENT THE MAJORITY SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID

edit: caps on purpose
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have to agree with the op, I mean the 4.1 patch is some what disappointing. I believe blizzard should try and improve the game with what it has. Cataclysm is believed to be the new vanilla? Then with all the great new 1-60, 80-85 content why not improve some of the massively discussed issues in the game, such as the pre-burning crusade model revamp now i understand this is not a easy task but making a goal and achieving it is the way to improve on something. Also focusing on making the game a bit more challenging and hopefully in some later patches making the 60-80 content more interesting as the 1-60 and 80-85. Another suggestion could be merging low populated servers. Now as before these suggestions could take months to atually complete but it will benefit blizzard in the long run...
Edited by Hellterror on 4/20/2011 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
23 Draenei Shaman
BAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]