4.1, the patch of disappointments.

85 Human Mage
03/16/2011 5:55 PMPosted by Grandevil
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.

Yep, agreed.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
Woot! Also part of that elite 2% that wanted Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman back!

You are just making unfounded assumption after unfounded assumption to "support" the way you think things should be.

So glad your mindreading skills and savant analysis are being used to divine the future and intent of video game designs and designers.

Rommel, you forgot to include the dance studio.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
03/16/2011 7:45 PMPosted by Cindera
Casual raiding can no longer progress through content so I could care less if we get more new raids that my guild can't do anyways.

Yep, agreed.

I raid one day a week.

One.

We are the epitome of casual. You are doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Mage

This seems a bit absurd. Which boss/bosses are so hard that a casual guild is incapable of passing?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/16/2011 6:45 PMPosted by Dasian
Also its funny how the OP is whining about not getting firelands early when he doesn't have a single raid boss cleared and wears all blues and greens..I guess we all got trolled.

funny how i didnt say i wanted to raid firelands, im just saying that thats what blizzard told us what was happening to firelands, you really think i want to raid firelands? im just concerned for the other raiding guilds that have beaten all of the other raids, and are waiting for a new raid to come out. im scared to set foot in the original raids, let alone new ones.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Priest

Same.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/16/2011 6:46 PMPosted by Cozzene
Thank you for posting TotalBiscuit's Daily Azeroth he posted a week or two ago.

what one? i watch his show but idk what episode your talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Does this thread get "Drama Queen Subject Line of the Day"? There's still time to out QQ it! Come on people - I know you can do it!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/17/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Hunteyes
no one likes cata on my server and I really am getting sick of re-hashing

WOW!!! Really? No one!?! Someone should inform Blizz then. Or - better yet - you should all quit at once to send them a message!
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight

My groups raiding times are absolutely atrocious and we're still getting things done.

Two days per week, 3 hours per night. Sometimes less because a few members have to work the day after. Tuesday and Sunday nights.

No, casual raiding is not dead. Please try again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/17/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Hoernbeme
Does this thread get "Drama Queen Subject Line of the Day"? There's still time to out QQ it! Come on people - I know you can do it!!

haha. ok that made my day, but im still serious, i feel that they are now just doing this to get more money, and not for the players.

Next expansion. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

We've streamlined outlands and made questing totally linear so you have to visit each quest hub in order to progress. We've found that non linear questing gives players to much freedom. We rule with an iron fist and freedom will not be tolerated. Also, you will have to purchase New Old New World Flying. The cost will be 10,000 gold and will let you fly at 280%

Blizz is literally moving backwards with this game. I swear to god if they ever redo outlands.... RRRRAAAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!

^ that
Edited by Søulreaper on 3/17/2011 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
BlizzCon is a behind the scenes look into the development process. We offer that behind the scenes look because we know people enjoy being able to see our processes, and also hear about what we're thinking about and planning. That comes with the hope that the information is indeed taken as we intend it, which is a candid look at our thoughts and processes. Not bullet points of finalized game features.

Unfortunately those candid thoughts and processes are sometimes interpreted as promises for the development of our games.

The reason we commonly do not discuss our plans until they're in the process of being implemented, or actually complete, is exactly for that reason. BlizzCon is a huge exception to our rule, and while we're not going to stop having BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them?

/facepalm. Alot of people were asking for them back, some were just asking for the mounts others were asking for the raid, so what does blizz do? they do both so both player bases can be pleased, or well thats the idea.
Edited by Likablood on 3/17/2011 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

No we are not just because 1 guild has finished the glory of the cata heroic raider doesn't mean >WE< are ready. >THEY< are ready and Blizzard can not launch there new raids based off the small few raiders that have no lifes outside of WoW.

Not to mention YOU haven't even done killed a single raid boss yet.
Edited by Zannt on 3/17/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/17/2011 1:07 PMPosted by Zannt
we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

No we are not just because 1 guild has finished the glory of the cata heroic raider doesn't mean >WE< are ready. >THEY< are ready and Blizzard can not launch there new raids based off the small few raiders that have no lifes outside of WoW.

Not just that, but many of those people are actually paid a salary to be the first people to complete raids.

If I were paid to play to get world firsts I'd be working at it a lot harder than I do now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, not 1, but 2 NEW dungeons, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

and finally, we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal when you help out the guardians of hyjal, and as far as i can tell, NONE of the info that was promised is in the patch notes, please share your opinion on this.

Somebody call a waahmbulance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]