4.1, the patch of disappointments.

85 Night Elf Priest
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

Owned.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

A very unprofessional post from a Blizz employee? Yep.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

My god I love you for this statement. In the bromance sort of way.

No I think ill unsub my subscription
Problem solved!

Do it! You won't! =P Seriously you won't be missed with the way you act toward other human beings. Oh you didn't know? Bashiok's a human being. No, no he's not an artificial intelligence, nor is any of the other blue posters, the dev team, or the art department for that matter. In fact they can all make mistakes and will, Murphy's law and whatnot. We still thank them for it and support them with IDEAS, and SUGGESTIONS, to help produce constructive criticism in order to possibly impact the game that we've now LIVED WITH, (children have grown up with the game now.)
Edited by Panadyne on 3/17/2011 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

A very unprofessional post from a Blizz employee? Yep.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

You notice it's always the butthurt ones with entitlement issues that take pot-shots at Blizz when they present themselves? If they were really this dissatisfied, they'd have canceled their accounts long ago. Instead, they linger around making absurd demands as if the threat of cancellation is some sort of leveraging tool.
Reply Quote
I like how the OP changed, in the title, LIES to DISAPPOINTMENTS once the fool realized no one in this post was on his/her side.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Bashiok, you'd have to agree that being given information from a primary source, like Blizzcon, simply for it to turn false is very, very bad regardless of the importance. Given that it is important for a company to follow through with what they plan, it's tough to brush it aside so casually.. Let alone so sarcastically.

In either case, I'm on the line that it will be done when it's done. I'm only about 70% through the current raids, so I'm not too upset.

Except, as Bashiok said, the things they share with us at BlizzCon are not finalized plans, but part of their design process. People are misconstruing what they hear as BlizzCon as finalized plans that will definitely happen when and how they were detailed, and not as the thoughts and processes that LEAD UP TO the final product.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
So no Abyssal Maw 5 man then? That seems pretty lame if you shelved it for 2 recycled heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm only going to tackle the issue of Firelands here...

So by your logic, because some of the world's top 10 guilds have done all of the current raid content on heroic, the rest of the players (about 99.9% of the player base) should instantly be thrown into content harder then what the average raider can progress through?

That makes PERFECT sense. OH, how about this, Because I think that Mages are OP'd and too often used, here are a few changes that will happen:

- Portals are now on a 10m cooldown.
- Teleports are now on a 5m cooldown
- You can now only make food for yourself, and it can't be traded
- Focus Magic now only works on other Mages

You should be FINE with this. Sure it effects 99% of the community in a bad way, but it'll help me, so it's worth it right?
Reply Quote
previews of upcoming content, albeit real or not, is interesting. Don't ruin it for the rest of us, please.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Bashiok, you'd have to agree that being given information from a primary source, like Blizzcon, simply for it to turn false is very, very bad regardless of the importance. Given that it is important for a company to follow through with what they plan, it's tough to brush it aside so casually.. Let alone so sarcastically.

In either case, I'm on the line that it will be done when it's done. I'm only about 70% through the current raids, so I'm not too upset.

Except, as Bashiok said, the things they share with us at BlizzCon are not finalized plans, but part of their design process. People are misconstruing what they hear as BlizzCon as finalized plans that will definitely happen when and how they were detailed, and not as the thoughts and processes that LEAD UP TO the final product.

That's also a big problem. If ideas are going to be suggested publicly, many players will be on their toes waiting anxiously for it. But if it's revealed that it's beyond their scope or the idea is watered down to nearly nothing, then ... you got a lot of disappointed people. You don't want disappointed people.

Behind the Scenes can still offer an awesome look at how things are done without breaking the hopes of players.

However, I want to make it clear that I don't need any of the things the OP listed for 4.1. I'm still tackling current Raid content. If it's in the works, great! I just hope it doesn't turn into another dance studio.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw, we werent asking for two, just one, now im not against the 2 new heroics. but it again, is the same model/design in the dungeon, just changed loot/bosses. who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one, sure there were some people but those were a small vocal minority, and should blizzard listen to them? when they are that small? no they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase. that wanted those dungeons back. and as far as i can tell, the abyssal maw was promised when they said what was going to happen in 4.1.

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid. if you didnt have enough time to finish the design, fine, but dont make up a lie and say that the playerbase is not ready.

Why are you contradicting yourself. At one point you say the minority only wanted ZA and ZG which may be true and on the other you say well one guild completed glory of the cata raider which is in fact a minority and a basis on why you believe firelands should be in 4.1 because one guild fully did all the content/achievements for current raid tier.

They should have called this 4.0.9 because it seems whenever you add a .1 to a patch it should automatically come with new tier of raiding.

If this was 4.0.9 and firelands/abyssal maw was 4.1 and in fact on the same time frame then we would see less complaining. That .1 is serious business blizzard.

one guild finishing all content/achievement just recently shows that we are not ready for next tier of raiding.

Reply Quote
18 Human Warrior

Someone else may have already pointed this out, stopped reading the topic at your post. It makes no sense what so ever. It is impossible to cash a check that has not been written. Please do not try and tell others what to do when you cannot even get the phrase correct. It is "Don't write checks you can't cash."

Blizzard has made it VERY CLEAR that the only OFFICIAL SET IN STONE changes are the ones that actually GO LIVE on a patch day, and even those are up for review/change afterward. If it is not clear to you 6 years after wow launch and 12 years after Starcraft (the first one) that Blizzard is constantly reviewing and changing/updating their games I am not sure what they could do to make it more so.

I vote for putting camera's in the actual conference rooms and running a freaking realty show / live web cast of the development team. MORE information, not less
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid.

LOL?

how does a 5man heroic DUNGEON acheivement make you ready for new raid content (10/25man)?

a quick look at your guild....aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd.... ya...you (and your guild) aren't even clearing current Cata raids.

Don't let your boredom/inability to raid put words in the mouths of the rest of the players.

Firelands will get here soon enough, then you can QQ about how its to hard to find a raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

People quickly forget that it took Blizzard 2 expansions before they finally implemented siege vehicles and hero classes, things that wre "promised" since Vanilla. Some things just take longer to implement than initially forecast. That's just the nature of development. Again, it's wholly unreasonable for people to take talking points and ideas that Blizzard puts out during Blizzcon to get players excited about what they have in mind as guarantees and promises impervious to setbacks and/or changes in plans.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

AMEN!!!
Thank you Bashiok for being blunt where necessary.

To the points of the OP:
bliz, i love you guys, but im starting to think you are just doing stuff to feed the trolls, and here.. look what you guys promised us in 4.1,

we were promised the abyssal maw
    we were also, promised the firelands
    we were ALSO promised a new, re-grown, rebuilt version of mt hyjal

As previously stated by Bashiok, none of this was promised... maybe planned on, intended, hoped for, but certainly not promised.
Is Cataclysm over, did I miss the memo that 4.1 was the last content patch?
Wait, whats that, 4.2 has already been announced? And we're getting 4.1 sooner because Firelands is being developed for 4.2, and more regular, content patches are the intended goal? And, there has been no mention of Abyssal Maw being removed from the table of future content patches?

who asked for zul'gurub and zul'aman back btw? afaict no one

Its a fact, Blizzard only gives us things that people ask for... its not possible that the creative (insert something that creative geniuses and masterminds look up to here) responsible for this world that we take for granted could possibly have any reason to bring back ZG/ZA... oh wait they already told us why they are doing it.

they should be listening to the majority of the playerbase

I'm sorry but when I hear "majority of the playerbase", the first thing that comes to mind is sheeple, and I dont want what the sheeple want. While many individual's ideas, suggestions, etc. are valid, well thought out, constructive and a potentially good idea for the game, so many others are far from that, and yet still the sheeple fall in for support. How many players agree, or disagree with these is not a valid measurement of its worth for consideration because, to be perfectly blunt about it, we the players do not know what is best for the game. Yes there are very good ideas thrown out all the time, as well as constructive complaints to proposed changes, and sometimes the community feedback results in change, but a lot more thought and discussion and testing go on behind the scenes than most people are willing to consider, let alone acknowledge.

If anyone truly believes they are better suited to to dictate the goings on of WOW, Vs. the company who has given us so much awesome over the last 20 years, please by all means create and control your own game and good luck in the competition... I'm sure your ideas will propel you through the MMO market, where so many others have failed to topple WOW, you are sure to.

My apologies for cutting up your post, but I do not believe anything is shown out of context.
Edited by Nebecanezor on 3/17/2011 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
03/16/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Søulreaper
we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild

wow cool 1 guidl getting that done = the entire wow playing community ready for the next raid

neat i didn't know 25 ppl represented everyone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]