4.1, the patch of disappointments.

100 Night Elf Rogue

Making snippy comments like "don't write checks you can't cash" is NOT constructive feedback.

Nevertheless it is feedback, and for the players that did share the OPs POV, they are now either rethinking renewing their subscription, or have already outed.

The sad truth with many of the Blizzard zealots, is if it does not support Blizzard, or praise them in any way shape or form, it suddenly becomes "non constructive".

No, if it not presented in any other manner besides snarky, hostile, or whiny, then it is non-constructive, plain and simple. There are guidelines to follow when voicing concerns, if only for the fact that failure to do so ultimately undermines what could be an otherwise very valid and very strong point.

Yes, as a concerned player, you have a right to be upset with something you do not agree with and express your opinion in a fair and constructive manner that encourages open dialogue but, contrary to what you may believe, you have no right to be openly hostile to Blizzard's staff or any players supportive of them and honestly expect that such an approach will net you any results.

Have you ever worked in a customer service field in a capacity similar to a GM/CM? It is a thankless job. You are essentially a meat shield for your employer, daily braving hostile clients who believe that they are entitled to insult you and treat you like utter garbage and that you have no other recourse but to take it with a smile. This is why guidelines are present in the first place - to allow the GMs to enforce proper communication so that they don't get steamrolled by some hostile spoutmouths on a podium that are whipping up other dissatisfied yet otherwise reasonable people into a mob mentality. Rather than putting all the blame squarely on Blizzard's shoulders, you should equally take umbrage with those who continue to willfully violate forum guidelines when making their rants while having the audacity to presume that they are your mouthpiece.

As for the people taking their balls and going home, if they did quit, then more power to them but I honestly wouldn't count on it. When the next big sticking point arrives, they'll resurface on these forums with the same poorly communicated diatribes and unproductive gripes.
Edited by Sæbretooth on 3/17/2011 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

A very unprofessional post from a Blizz employee? Yep.

Sometimes customers are full of BS and it is the CSR's duty to inform them of that.

Customers are almost always wrong; businesses only lie and say they're right only for profit reasons. But a few whiny players here and there really won't hurt Blizz's pocketbook, and the rest of us who know better, like me, are cheering on responses like these.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't worry Bash, I still love to hear what the devs are thinking and toying around with behind the scenes. It's fun to see they have crazy ideas the same as the rest of us, even if they don't get implemented, because it shows there's alot of creativity flowing which means real emotion going into the game. Don't listen to all of the dev/CM bashers, some of us appreciate the work all of you guys and gals do.

As for Bashiok (or any CM) being "unprofessional" in their posting - 1. If you believe this is the truth, report it to the CM feedback email (wowcmfeedback-us@blizzard.com I believe is still the address). 2. Sometimes people make asinine statements toward CMs or Devs or Blizzard in general, and a stupid question or comment often does deserve a frank answer.
Edited by Lannen on 3/17/2011 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
A wild Rift appears!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

we were also, promised the firelands, and no, we ARE ready, we just had glory of the cata heroic raider done by a guild, i think were ready for another raid.

LOL?

how does a 5man heroic DUNGEON acheivement make you ready for new raid content (10/25man)?

a quick look at your guild....aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd.... ya...you (and your guild) aren't even clearing current Cata raids.

Don't let your boredom/inability to raid put words in the mouths of the rest of the players.

Firelands will get here soon enough, then you can QQ about how its to hard to find a raid group.

He is probably talking about the 10/25 man raid achievement that was recently completed by a guild for world first glory to the cataclysm raider.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
03/17/2011 7:20 PMPosted by Zippoj
A wild Rift appears!

We're not in Azeroth anymore...

Wait, what?!? XD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nah, we'll keep doing what we do for the people that enjoy/are able to handle it. If you like though you're more than welcome to avoid any and all information until you see it in-game for yourself. Problem solved!

Because spending a couple grand on going to BlizzCon to see the future of Blizzard and/or World of Warcraft, what the developers are working on, and then later have some Blue community manager tell us to just "avoid and and all information" from it seems a legitimate business practice.

Thanks Blizzard.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Mage

Because spending a couple grand on going to BlizzCon to see the future of Blizzard and/or World of Warcraft, what the developers are working on, and then later have some Blue community manager tell us to just "avoid and and all information" from it seems a legitimate business practice.

Thanks Blizzard.

A) It does not take a couple grand on going to BlizzCon to see the information provided there. Additionally, BlizzCon is not the only time/place that Blizzard has released information that was not yet finalized.
    B) One would hope that anyone spending that kind of money to go to BlizzCon would know what they are getting themselves into (Blizzard is not exactly a closed book, their practices and policies when it comes to releasing info is nothing new).
    C) If you cannot appreciate the information provided, in the context it is delivered and intended, than you are not the intended recipient of that information.

To all of the CM's and Dev team, keep up the amazing work, we love to hear any and all information that you provide us, even when we do not agree or like that information. The very fact that you first provide that info, and then read our follow-up in regards to it (including putting up with the unfortunately larger percentage of poor posts from people who probably cannot spell etiquette let alone adhere to it or the rules of the forums) shows us that you do in fact care about your playerbase as much as we love this game.

To anyone sour about this thread or other aspect of the game, if you cannot post constructively, do not bother us with your threats to quit, just quit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Dont tell us something unless your certian of it..its just annoying
Dont cash checks you cant write.

Nice to know you will just keep talking...and talking....and still talking just to keep (your) players paying for their subscriptions in hope for new patches with the content they desire. Until you drop a bomb, 3months INTO the expansion, where you SHOULD'VE expected content not to arrive & also mention NO ABYSSAL MAW dungeon. Please. Just this one post made me quit alredy, I was at the brink, you just nailed it on this one good job. There's something happening with Blizzard and patch 4.2. Patch 4.1 should've been in live a LONNG time ago since this isnt even a raid patch shouldve been in in 3 months.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
[quote][quote]

[i]To all of the CM's and Dev team, keep up the amazing work, we love to hear any and all information that you provide us, even when we do not agree or like that information.

Speak for yourself trolololol. But in all briefcase seriousness, this whole thread has a 'been there done that' feel to it (starting from the thread title, which made me chuckle).

When people asked for change, blizzard has done something. Maybe not always in the best way, and when they've made mistakes they've been humble enough to admit as such. But this game continues to be immensely popular because it keeps on changing to respond to the next ticket.

Also, for those people who say "we were promised ____", stop that. Blizzard hasn't "promised" you anything in regards to content. They can tell you what they are working on currently, they can offer previews of what they hope to design in the next expansion or patch, but they do not, absolutely not, promise you anything. The only thing that is promised is the monthly fee that you will continue to pay despite the whining, because when you put aside all the QQ about what would make YOUR world perfect, this is one damn good game.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
03/17/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Aedeus
He effectively just told people that they were going to keep promising things, and not implement them.

Wow. Blanket statement FTW.

I'll tell you what. I'm open to what you're proposing. But please, take a moment. Tabulate all the things that Blizzard has said they were going to put into the game and *did.* Then, take another moment, and tabulate all the things that Blizzard said they were going to put into the game, and *haven't yet.*

I'm betting that you will have one REALLY big side...and one really small side.

But hey, maybe you're right?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
03/17/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Aedeus
The sad truth with many of the Blizzard zealots, is if it does not support Blizzard, or praise them in any way shape or form, it suddenly becomes "non constructive".

I think you need to look up the definition of "constructive" as it applies to conversation.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Nice to know you will just keep talking...and talking....and still talking just to keep (your) players paying for their subscriptions in hope for new patches with the content they desire. Until you drop a bomb, 3months INTO the expansion, where you SHOULD'VE expected content not to arrive & also mention NO ABYSSAL MAW dungeon. Please. Just this one post made me quit alredy, I was at the brink, you just nailed it on this one good job. There's something happening with Blizzard and patch 4.2. Patch 4.1 should've been in live a LONNG time ago since this isnt even a raid patch shouldve been in in 3 months.

Everytime a rager quits an angel get's it's wings...

Isn't that how it goes?

I wonder when they will realize that no one here really cares whether they quit the game or not... "Oh noes! Someone I've never met and probably never will meet stopped playing an online game!!"

And before you say that they're announcing they're quitting to Blizzard and not us...

It's Blizzard's game. I'm pretty sure, if a person quits WoW, they're the SECOND person to know about it. The first, being the person who quit.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I don't know how anyone is calling it a patch of disappointment, when ITS NOT OUT YET?!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
One
I thought our choices were (Going to make up some numbers for clarity here):

1) Wait 4 months for everything or

2) Have 2 new heroics and some balance changes soon, and still wait 4 months for a totally non-delayed, comes out when it's finished raid.

On a side note, people complain soo much about old dungeons being revamped up to heroic 85 over a completely new one being released, but i remember back in BC when heroics first came out and thought "Man, how awesome would it be if EVERY vanilla dungeon had a heroic mode, hope they do this some day".
Edited by Local on 3/17/2011 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
what annoys me is people thinking that every major patch has to havea raid and blizz has stated they want content for often so instead they will release patches more often even if a raid isnt ready with smaller newer things likethis time rthey are releasing ZG and ZA they havnt gone against what they said if they are going to do what you want them to then 4.1 woudlnt be coming out so soon wed still have to wait the same amount of time for firelands but wed jsut get nothing in the mean time and wed have firelands ZA and ZG with it.. i think theyv done an awesome thing releasing some new heroics now instead of waiting... but no people dont read what blizz have said time and again they want to release content more often so this is the perfect way if your that worried about that they are calling it 4.1 and 4.2 then think of it as 4.1 is say 4.0.9 or soemthign and 4.2 is 4.1 cause serously theres no need to cry because they are releasing something beofre fireland boo hoo blizzard keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Bashiok, I have to ask this, one of the features that perked my interest greatly at Blizzcon was the ability to see what the abilities bosses did and what loot they dropped. The panel that this was announced at (Dungeon and Raid I think it was) said they were trying to push this for 4.1. With the major content of 4.1 being pushed to 4.2, have you heard if this feature is still on for 4.1 or 4.2?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
BlizzCon is a behind the scenes look into the development process. We offer that behind the scenes look because we know people enjoy being able to see our processes, and also hear about what we're thinking about and planning. That comes with the hope that the information is indeed taken as we intend it, which is a candid look at our thoughts and processes. Not bullet points of finalized game features.

Unfortunately those candid thoughts and processes are sometimes interpreted as promises for the development of our games.

The reason we commonly do not discuss our plans until they're in the process of being implemented, or actually complete, is exactly for that reason. BlizzCon is a huge exception to our rule, and while we're not going to stop having BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises.

What about the pony??????
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
03/17/2011 1:01 PMPosted by Bashiok
BlizzCons and offering those behind the scenes looks for those in attendance who come to see exactly those things, it's really unfortunate to see when they're referenced as promises.

You know, there are many things I will, and do, fault you for especilly with this expansion, which I firmly belive is by far the worst one you have ever created. That said, however not keeping perfectly to a tennative schedual made that far in advance is not one of them. I think any rational person can see the need to adjust to a situation as is is required.

Frankly do we need a new raid tier right now? No, what % of guilds on each server have clared the normal content. Lets take a look at my server, Bloodhoof, a high population server.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/bloodhoof

Hmmmm 15 guilds.... 15 out of 106 that have clared atleast 1 boss, that's 14%. No we don't need a new raid tier until that gets closer to 60 - 70%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]