High Level Guards Ruin World PVP

55 Blood Elf Paladin
Solution:
Either remove the guards, or spawn guards relative to the level of the attacking player.

Having level 85 guards patrolling/protecting a level 45-50 zone is silly.
Why do they need us to quest there, if the guards could go one shot all of the mobs?
85 Dwarf Hunter
No
90 Tauren Druid
This has been brought up before under. I think with almost the exact same title.

L2Search please
Remember back in the day when a group of horde would pillage a town and you could not quest. Blizz doesn't want it that way.
55 Blood Elf Paladin
The point of this thread was to illicit discussion on the subject.
Obviously "Joseph", and yourself are unable to do so.

Explain to me exactly how spawning guards relative to the attacking players' level is a bad idea.
This change would help stimulate world PVP.
85 Night Elf Druid
So you can't demolish low level towns and camp lowbies who are trying to pick up their quests?
OH MY GOD, THAT'S AWFUL! THE HUMANITY!
I WILL CRY TEARS OF RIGHTEOUS JUSTICE FOR YOU IN HOPES THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KILL LOWBIE QUESTING ZONES AGAIN SOON!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
55 Blood Elf Paladin
03/17/2011 3:30 PMPosted by Jackise
Remember back in the day when a group of horde would pillage a town and you could not quest. Blizz doesn't want it that way.

How would this change cause that exactly?

If guards spawned relative to the players level, there would be level 85 guards if level 85s attacked.

It'd allow same level players to kill each other nearby to towns, or in them(If the attacking player is a rogue, or druid).

As it is now: If you go within 50-100 yds of a town, you get one shot by a guard.
Woe be to you if you're near the guards path, and it's a short path.
You'll get killed a couple times getting away.
90 Troll Priest
The point of this thread was to illicit discussion on the subject.
Obviously "Joseph", and yourself are unable to do so.

Explain to me exactly how spawning guards relative to the attacking players' level is a bad idea.

When blizzard seperated PvP gear from PvE gear, world pvp started to die. Resil is the prime reason.
55 Blood Elf Paladin
So you can't demolish low level towns and camp lowbies who are trying to pick up their quests?
OH MY GOD, THAT'S AWFUL! THE HUMANITY!
I WILL CRY TEARS OF RIGHTEOUS JUSTICE FOR YOU IN HOPES THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KILL LOWBIE QUESTING ZONES AGAIN SOON!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I take it you didn't read the post, or my replies.
How would I be able to "Demolish" low level towns, and camp lowbies if the guards that spawned were my level?

If you're going to follow that line of thought, you may as well just give every player a guard pet that doesn't attack mobs, but will kill the opposing players.

There's nothing to stop me from camping lowbies while they're out questing.
85 Human Warlock
IMO Guards should be soloable in groups of 2-3 but slowly. Guards + player should beat player.

Are these new guards even soloable? I've seen level 85-level 90 elites...
85 Tauren Paladin
The guards don't ruin it for me. I still pop in and kill them, guards on me or no. Sure I'll die, the gank is worth it.
90 Tauren Druid

I'll support this as long as every quest giver gets turned into lv85 elites or what ever lv Deathwing is:P

That way no one can kill low lv quest givers and ruin the game for lowbies.
55 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll support this as long as every quest giver gets turned into lv85 elites or what ever lv Deathwing is:P

That way no one can kill low lv quest givers and ruin the game for lowbies.

Just make all the quest givers non-combat.
I'm not interested in killing NPCs.

I want to be able to kill people my level without them running into a town, and aggroing a bunch of guards on me who one shot me, and give them an HK for being a coward.
85 Night Elf Druid

this logic is what lead to the state of the game where everything considered fun is now queued for and instanced

You can queue up to kill lowbies in an instance now?
20 Draenei Hunter
03/17/2011 3:30 PMPosted by Jackise

Which is why the OP is requesting that the guards spawned are relevent to the level of the players. An 85 spawning at, say Fort Livington, will kill some Horde player who is between lv25 to 30 (or whatever the range is there), even though he is at the level to be questing there. The guard will do a wtfbbqhaxpwn of the Hordie who has no chance at all of killing the guard let alone get away from it.

If the spawning checks the level of the offending player and sets the level equal to the player then the player will have a fair chance to escape or fight as they choose. As it is for lower level zones the player has no chance at all. And gets flagged to boot.
90 Tauren Druid
Just make all the quest givers non-combat.
I'm not interested in killing NPCs.

I want to be able to kill people my level without them running into a town, and aggroing a bunch of guards on me who one shot me, and give them an HK for being a coward.

Or you could and I know this may be crazy but hear me out. You could not tunnel vision on your target and blindly run into a town.
55 Blood Elf Paladin
03/17/2011 3:38 PMPosted by Gnomeicide
The guards don't ruin it for me. I still pop in and kill them, guards on me or no. Sure I'll die, the gank is worth it.

They don't bother me at max level either.

It's when I'm leveling up, and I actually happen across someone(Leveling up is basically a single-player game now, due to the leveling speed) who then turns tail and runs to the nearest town.
Guards enter stage right, one shot the lowbie paladin. The coward who ran away instead of fighting gets an HK.
Edited by Githanor on 3/17/2011 4:03 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]