Your favorite lunch to take to work...

85 Blood Elf Priest
So lately I have wanted a lil spice in my lunch life and have gotten bored with buying lunch from the same old places and started to bring/make mine to work.

I am looking for suggestions of all types that you enjoy. The only stipulation is that it has to be homemade and not require more than 30 minutes to make. So shoot me your best sammich, soup...etc recipes and do not forget to include sides you like as well.

Thanks to all who reply.

Sym
Edited by Paramoré on 3/18/2011 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Bacon! That's what what I bring to work.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
So lately I have wanted a lil spice in my lunch life and have gotten bored with buying lunch from the same old places and started to bring/make mine to work.

I am looking for suggestions of all types that you enjoy. The only stipulation is that it has to be homemade and not require more than 30 minutes to make. So shoot me your best sammich, soup...etc recipes and do not forget to include sides you like as well.

Thanks to all who reply.

Sym

Look everyone, it' Deltrus 2.0
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Nutella + Marshmallow Fluff sandwich. :)

I usually go with a good homemade salad or one of the Progresso soups. Be warned though, if you have a fast metabolism, like myself, and tend to eat often you have to stuff your salad with tons of protein and hearty veggies. Otherwise you will be hungry in an hour.

Also, I find that if you make some kind of pasta the night before it always makes an awesome lunch the next day.

:D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
03/18/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Gluteas
Bacon! That's what what I bring to work.

This too.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Just bring me to work and call it a day :o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I get up and make Llythe lunch everyday before she goes to work. Her favorite staple is my specialty, a bacon, egg and cheese melt on toasted oatnut bread. Make sure to use the really thick applewood smoked bacon, its by far the best!

When I was still working at the Post Office I would always have Redbull, Beef Jerky, and those 'Lunch-to-Go' tuna and cracker meals they sell at any grocery store for a snack I would always have Swedish Fish handy!
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I made springroll filling last night, so this morning rolled 5 up and fried them before I took a shower. Now I will probably eat them before lunch, but it is kinda the same since it will be the only thing I eat at work today. Freshly fried springrolls with Thai springroll sauce....yum.

If thinking of a sammich, my favorite is ham and salami, on rye, with dijon, lettuce, and
italian dressing.

Edit: If you want the springroll recipe, I would be glad to give it. My wife is Thai, but I cook the springrolls, and she cooks all the other Thai food in my house.
Edited by Aresheals on 3/21/2011 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Thanks to all who reply.

Sym

LOL your cute : )

Sym
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Turducken
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
03/21/2011 5:54 PMPosted by Tandrak
Turducken

Never have been able to eat any food that starts with T U R D....maybe its me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/22/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Aresheals
Turducken

Never have been able to eat any food that starts with T U R D....maybe its me.

It's an Alliance thing....

Sym
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

Thanks to all who reply.

Sym

lol oh please....

Sym knows very well that we're both two very unique priests. I make crazy foods, Sym is asking for something "simple" pfffffffff!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
salad. simple, easy, and won't give you a food coma.

Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
White rice.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Warlock
I eat vegan, so the things I reccomend might not be completely applicable, but obviously feel free to throw meat or cheese in them =]

- Soup or chili. You can make a big batch over the weekend, put it in individual containers, and freeze it if you've made more than you need for the week. Vegetable bean and butternut squash are my favorites. You can pack it with some fancy bread as well for some more substance.
- Pasta is super versatile. Penne can be put into a pasta salad with broccoli and cherry tomatoes, or into classic red sauce. (If you put the sauce and pasta in different containers, the pasta stays firm longer)
- Sandwiches are obvious, so try to find ways to make them new and exciting. You can look online at different delis for ideas. Try falafel instead of lunch meat, hummus as a spread in a veggie sandwich, or avocado in a BLT (I don't like avocado, but I hear this is delicious).
- Some variation of rice and beans. Black beans and yellow rice, baked beans and white rice, curry chickpeas and brown rice. Curry chickpeas are simple to make, and really quick if using canned cooked beans. Another thing that would work instead of beans is grilled chicken with different seasonings. A salad or steamed veggies would be great with any of these.
- "Snack lunches" are fun too. I like hummus and pita with veggie sticks, or nuts, dired fruit, and water crakers. You can try crakers with cheese cubes and sliced deli meat as well. I find that having three or four snacks throughout the day keeps me as satisfied as a regular lunch would, but this doesn't work for everyone.

There are also a lot of flickr communities where people take pictures of what they packed for lunch, so check out some of those!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/01/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Gugu
I usually bring last night's fried dog.

Chicago or Coney style?

Sym
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
PORK ! Bacon, chops, ham, loin, you get the idea. High quality delicious pork products !!
Seriously people its all white meat and its great. (Yeah, I'm a Hog farmer). Just do it, I've got bills to pay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]