Macros?!

Been gone a while due to work, aside from hitting the forums here and there. Started rewriting my macros and figured I'd post a few. Suggestions are always welcome. These seem to be working, but let me know if my commands are outdated.

Note: I'm not saying these are super awesome, just some that I use.

Enjoy/flame at your will.

Backstab/Ambush
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:0] backstab
/startattack [stance:0]
/cast [stance:1/2/3] Ambush

Ambush when Stealthed/Vanished/Dancing. Backstab out of stealth.

Blind
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @focus] Blind; Blind

Blinds target, or Blind Focus with Shift. I use this with Gouge, Kick, Sap, and Shadowstep as well.

Cheap Shot + DR Timer
#showtooltip Cheap Shot
/cast Cheap Shot
/sw 23
/sw play

I'm a minimalist and I don't use a lot of addons. This macro makes a Stopwatch Timer that counts down. Lets me know when it's safe to Kidney Shot. As an added bonus, it dings when it hits zero - so I don't really even have to look at it.

Kidney Shot + DR Timer
#showtooltip Kidney Shot
/cast Kidney Shot
/sw 25
/sw play

Same deal, only with Kidney.

Safe Trinket/Racial
#showtooltip
/stopmacro [stance:1/2]
/use [nostealth, nomod] 13
/cast [mod:shift]Will of the Forsaken

Uses your top trinket slot, or racial with Shift. I have it bound to Q, so it's nice for me because it won't work in stealth if I accidentally bump it. I don't include Stance:3 in case I'm cc'd while Dancing.

Evasion
#showtooltip Evasion
/cast [stance:0] Evasion

Same idea as the trinket macro. Won't let me use Evasion while Stealthed so I can't knock myself out accidentally.

Focus
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
/focus[@mouseover, harm, nodead]

Clears my focus if it's dead, or if I have a friendly set as my focus. Otherwise Focuses harmful targets on mouseover.

Hemo/Garrote
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1/2/3]Garrote
/startattack [stance:0]
/cast [stance:0] Hemorrhage

Garrote in stealth, Hemo out of stealth. I have a tendency to keep similar abilities on the same keybinds. This is bound to 2. Gouge/Sap to 1. Ambush/Backstab to 3, etc. I have a Mutilate/Ambush version for PvE as well.

Redirect/Kidney
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@focus, mod:shift][@target, nomod] reset=20 Redirect, Kidney Shot

Lets me double tap to Redirect and Kidney Shot my current target, or my focus if I hold Shift.

Stealth/Sap
#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast [nostealth] !Stealth
/cast [mod:shift, @focus] Sap; Sap

I use this to double tap Stealth -> Sap for when I'm able to drop combat. Holding Shift lets me Sap my Focus in case there are two targets nearby and I need to prioritize.

Tricks
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

Standard Tricks macro. Casts on friendly Focus if set. If not it looks to my target's target. Otherwise it casts Tricks on my current friendly target.

Vanish/Stealth
#showtooltip Vanish
/stopattack
/cast [nocombat] !Stealth
/cast [combat] Vanish

This is just a little macro for insurance, in case I drop combat as I'm about to Vanish and don't realize it. It'll cast Stealth out of combat, or Vanish while in combat.

Edited for clarity.
Edited by Thael on 3/21/2011 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The deadly throw macro isn't casting even when out of melee range and having combo points on the target.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Hey sorry for the delayed response.

I'm removing that macro because it won't work without a shift modifier.

#showtooltip
/cast Deadly Throw
/cast Throw

That'll still work. Uses deadly if you have points, regular throw if you don't.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift]Shiv; Deadly Throw
/cast Throw

should work though.
Reply Quote
I like the way you use the SW, very clever.

I have a thread about rogue macros, and Id appreciate it if youd bump your macros their as well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267588004?page=1#0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]