PVE MM 4.0.6 Hunter Guide

(Locked)

86 Worgen Hunter
Thanks for the guide, I have something to finally direct people to instead of trying to explain all of this
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/23/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Kaya
Some people are still going to ask the same questions after reading this because they need spoonfeeding but I like the lay out so far Kal. Nice work.

The thing I noticed immediately was that when I tried to use ctrl F to find the name of the title based on table of contents, it didn't work. Upon scrolling down, I noticed that the title was slightly different.

Not a horrendous hurdle, but definitely a QoL change for searching.
Nice Guide! I hope it gets stickied
Glyph of Arcane Shot - This is another really good glyph since Arcane Shot is our main focus dump outside of the careful Aim phase.
*Recommendation = Mandatory

rofl

Posts like this are not very helpful. If you have an issue with the information, please let me know why. I have absolutely no problem at all correcting incorrect or misinformation.

I want this to be as helpful as possible for anyone reading this. Not everyone has played a hunter since release like a bunch of us. And believe it or not, new people do start playing this game all the time.
I did a quick read through, and I'll look it over more thoroughly when I get the chance. Looks good. I'm not sure how best to lay it out for people. The best way to lay out talents may be better served as just listing optimized necessary dps talents and then listing the optional fluff that can be taken within the tree and why they are optional / good or less desirable.

We can all agree on the 7 BM and 3 SV talents wand why they are the most beneficial. The variable is the MM fluffiness.

Some people are still going to ask the same questions after reading this because they need spoonfeeding but I like the lay out so far Kal. Nice work.

Kaya is magical flakiness. =P
Indeed!

Kaya, thanks for the advice. I will work in pruning out some of the "Fluff".

The thing I noticed immediately was that when I tried to use ctrl F to find the name of the title based on table of contents, it didn't work. Upon scrolling down, I noticed that the title was slightly different.

Not a horrendous hurdle, but definitely a QoL change for searching.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will work to make sure everything matches when I am finished. Also the links are not exactly correct yet, I will fix those when everything is in place. Just wanted to test the idea of having links that can take you different places throughout the guide.
85 Troll Hunter
Myself as well as the other hunter, possibly retiring (lol 10/13 hm guild recruiting hunter??), have done quite a lot of live testing of various glyph, shot priority and reforging to come to the conclusion of what seems to be the best apparent way to go.

Outside of 80% nerfed HC has fallen from favor, especially with the extensive movement some fights place. While possibly not focus capping you, you may miss more GCDs then you'd think. So Arcane Shot dumping is quite good.

I've also noticed that while Chimera shot does not scale with weapon damage as well as Kill shot (100% vs 150%). The formula for the RAP ratio is much better. Unless I've been mistaken, transitioning from 359 bow to 372 I disabled outgoing damage My Chimeras were hitting harder than KS, so if that's still the case I would definitely prioritize them over Kill Shots for <20% phase.

As well as, I never thought to re-hard cast Aimed sub 80% with major haste effects active. Always thought losing guaranteed crit made it obsolete.

Either way, I hope you do all the research so I don't have to.

And sticky requested.
Thanks for the info Spackle and thanks for the sticky request.
85 Orc Hunter
Glyph of Arcane Shot - This is another really good glyph since Arcane Shot is our main focus dump outside of the careful Aim phase.

rofl

Tell me how it feels trying to be a tryhard tool in a sticky about MM while being a month+ behind in current hunter theory-crafting while also being too low on haste to pull off said outdated theory-craft DPS rotation.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

rofl

You are an embarrassment to your Horde race, sir.
Even the Alliance on Draka are better trolls both literally and figuratively.
03/23/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Mendia
Btw, do you have a Trademark Slogan that we can post on thread asking for assistance like we did in 3.1?

I do. You'd get banned for using it. It's actually the signature of one of the members of the HCT forums.

Edit: And no worries, I'll be lurking around the forums, tossing in some advice and pointers/corrections. But it's shaping to be a nice guide, good idea with the link to EJ's more advanced theorycrafting.

And you'll also have to address the CS glyph and how it affects your rotation, as well as how it provides a DPS benefit if you're not always using it exactly on the 9 second CD.

what are the HCT forums?
85 Orc Hunter
03/23/2011 3:09 PMPosted by Michaeljfoxx
So angry today, Wor.

bro I killed sinestra ok, do you know important I am in the nerd community? respect my authoritah
85 Goblin Shaman
Requested sticky, can't wait till you add more. Should help me a lot on my new hunter.

Thanks.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you Kalilah, and all the helpful responders. Appreciated, and Sticky requested.
43 Troll Druid
Gedrah loves you <3
Requested sticky, can't wait till you add more. Should help me a lot on my new hunter.

Thanks.

I wont be able to do any more tonight, but will be back at it first thing in the morning. Plan on finishing at least 2 or 3 more sections.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]