Latency Issues

90 Night Elf Hunter
03/26/2011 8:07 PMPosted by Rocksstar
I just tried what Vladimir said to do above with the Leatrix Latency Fix and he's absolutely right. It definitely worked for me. It brought my latency down to 50m-100m from 500m-700m. Give it a try!
... glad it worked for you too! I suggest that everyone that fits the System Requirements who is experiencing high World Server latency at least give it a try. It has an uninstall VBS Script that you can run if it doesn't work for you, but it seems to be a significant reduction in ping times.

Hey ... it's worth a shot!

How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgments together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgment in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgment timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgment bundling process so that an acknowledgment is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html
85 Tauren Druid
idk if this problem happens to me, but i feel more problems when i go to arenas, idk why, but there my world latency dont change on number, but take more time to cast spells and take effects. And i feel more problems from mid of February to today.
100 Night Elf Priest
This Saturday and last Saturday, had runs on Terenas 9 ST (11 Eastern), D/C and high latencies (5,000 to 7,000ms) causing "You have been disconnected from the server" and cannot find instance server.

Vent, ping, web sites all nominal. Just connection to Blizzard instance servers, and other toons in cities.

Removed addons, WTF, Interface, repaired - no difference.

Guildies in other parts of US had no issues - I was the only one, and only one coming from Comcast Boston.

Played steadily various times this week, no issues except my Saturday night guild runs resulting in my stranding the group without a healer 2 weeks in a row.

Tracert apparently stalling in AT&T - been playing for years and this is first time.

Blizzard, this is a potential deal-breaker.
39 Blood Elf Warrior
Internet has been dropping out ONLY when I play wow, When I play wow it makes it impossible for everyone else in the house to connect, when they try, I disconnect and go without internet connection for a while, You reckon it is because I am using wireless internet?
90 Orc Warrior
Bliz pls find this problem and fix its ur end as soon as i join bg's or raids im getting high lag and dc's its not my isp i've checked all my ends and i know of other people with exactly the same problem

been playing for a fair few years but if this aint fixed i cant play and u aint going to make ur millions off people anymore

cheers thanks
I, too, have had severe issues with lag these past 2 weeks. I've run speedtest.net many times (download speed 10-25 MBPS, upload speed usually mid-1's), and do not believe it is my overall internet connection. 2 weeks ago when this first started I'd have a several-minute lag spike every several minutes; this weekend it's constant lag, slowing my FPS to 3 when I'm normally playing at 30-50. The game tells me I've got a home latency of mid-teens, and a world latency of mid-hundreds, putting me in the "green" zone, but it's certainly behaving significantly worse. I can't even move my toon to where I want right now. I've talked to my ISP, updated my video card driver (nVidia GeForce 9400 GT), run a number of antivirus/antimalware programs and system optimizers, and I'm lost as to the next step. My computer runs Windows XP, and my CPU is an Intel Core2 Duo 2.2Ghz, with 3 GBs of RAM. I'm aware that my system is old, but it's been completely fine running WoW until these past 2 weeks. I would very much appreciate a more detailed blue post, as right now I'm completely unable to play.

Trace log:
Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 10.83.192.1
3 16 ms 20 ms 8 ms dstswr1-vlan4.rh.pswynj.cv.net [67.83.249.65]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 12 ms 14 ms 9 ms 64.15.2.85
6 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms rtr4-tg9-3.in.nycmnyzr.cv.net [64.15.0.61]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms ae-1-69.edge3.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.68.16.17]
9 12 ms 11 ms 20 ms mci-level3-xe.Washington4.Level3.net [4.68.63.142]
10 78 ms 78 ms 77 ms cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.81.126]
11 82 ms 81 ms 87 ms cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.1.2]
12 84 ms 85 ms 79 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.53]
13 81 ms 79 ms 78 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
14 80 ms 79 ms 79 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
15 83 ms 78 ms 90 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
16 86 ms 81 ms 86 ms cr84.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.249]
17 79 ms 79 ms 79 ms gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25]
18 83 ms 81 ms 82 ms 12.122.255.74
19 85 ms 81 ms 93 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.242]
20 12.129.211.34 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

85 Worgen Warrior
03/26/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Vladimir
I just tried what Vladimir said to do above with the Leatrix Latency Fix and he's absolutely right. It definitely worked for me. It brought my latency down to 50m-100m from 500m-700m. Give it a try!
... glad it worked for you too! I suggest that everyone that fits the System Requirements who is experiencing high World Server latency at least give it a try. It has an uninstall VBS Script that you can run if it doesn't work for you, but it seems to be a significant reduction in ping times.

Hey ... it's worth a shot!

How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgments together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgment in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgment timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgment bundling process so that an acknowledgment is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

Quoting for absolute truth. Don't be scared to try it; it worked for me, and I never thought I would need it.
85 Night Elf Druid
I was ignorant of this problem till today when World Latency hit me for a ton of bricks. While my home latency would spike upwards to tops, 310 ms, World Latency would go critical past 1000 and the worst was at 1900ms.

Thinking that my terrible ISP was to blame, I reset my router, modem, refreshed/renewed my IP address and tried again. Same issue.

Tonight it affected quite a few of my guildies resulting in unnecessary wipes due to unplayable lag time.

An hour later, my roommate also playing WoW on my server experienced the same World side lag.

Speedtest.net was clocking us at normal speeds 7.56ish average, meaning our ISP was preforming well.

I hope this problem is resolved soon, you simply can't raid/instance with that kind of lag. I found out also that you can't really fish either :(
85 Draenei Death Knight
My latency has been topping at 9.1K(World)

The Leatrix Latency Fix did NOT work for me at all
85 Draenei Death Knight
are there any other fixes i could try?
39 Blood Elf Warrior
03/26/2011 5:37 PMPosted by Vladimir
We’re aware some players are experiencing ongoing latency issues while trying to play World of Warcraft. We’ve taken steps to investigate the cause, and at this time we’re confident that our systems and network are performing properly. We are actively collaborating with our industry contacts to assist in the diagnosis and hopeful resolution of broader internet latency issues, which are suspected to be the cause of degraded performance.

Until this issue is resolved, subscribers might want to try Leatrix Latency Fix v1.23.

I got fed up with the unplayable latency this morning, the worst I've seen so far, and downloaded it to try. My latency dropped from 600ms+ down to 110ms immediately. I'm standing right now in Stormwind looking at 110ms when 1/2 hour ago it was over 600ms.

Leatrix Latency Fix v1.23

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more.

System Requirements

Leatrix Latency Fix is supported on these operating systems only.

* Windows XP (SP2 or higher)
* Windows Vista (SP1 or higher)
* Windows 7

Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.

If you were infront of me i'd buy you a drink, That fixed my latency, Thanks :)
85 Human Warrior
I have leatrix fix and my ms is allways low problem is when i enter arena , bg's and instances I get a noticable lag. my ms still reads 50-70ms but it feels more like 300-400 ms I have done all the fixes opened ports and also turned off all the checksum for nic card followed all the guides I can find and nothing fixes this could a blue please explain if this is being looked at .
90 Human Warrior
6 weeks or so for me now. even had my telecommunications provider come over and test all my connections and lines to the exchange, WoW is only issue i have. Played WoW for over 4 years now and getting so frustrated with this latency (regularly spikes over 2k), thinking of moving on to something different. I dont mind issues for 24 hours or so as i understand things happen but over 6 weeks of this crap is ridiculous.
85 Dwarf Warrior
I am also having these problems. My latency has been reaching 8k ( world ) AND ! ( home ).
I am not sure if it is because I am use a wireless PCI card which connects to the router in my living room or not. MY internet randomly cuts out ESP when playing WoW. I've tried to open ports, reset routers and modems, and yet nothing has worked. MY friend also uses a wireless PCI card, but has neither of these problems when playing WoW.
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah my latency is 150-500 and I dc every 5-10 seconds today.

before the DC every one is stuck running in place and I cant cast spells
85 Dwarf Warrior
I am absolutely lucky if I can stay connected to the game longer than 15 minutes.
I've made 2 posts and still no help. Except references to opening ports and I've done it, and still no positive results.
100 Tauren Druid
15 minutes? I cant even stay connected for 10 minutes lol. I got a raid tomorrow I hope this is fixed other wise they wont raid cuase I am the main tank healer
85 Dwarf Warrior
I have the same D/c problem as you though. Connection is terrible. I wish there was something we could do for wireless internet to be more efficient.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]