Change last name on account?

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
A few weeks ago I got married, and was wondering if it is possible to change my last name to my new one. If so, what would I need to do to have this done and who would I need to contact?

I apologize if this is not the correct forum to ask, any points in the right direction would be appreciated. =)
90 Human Mage
This is indeed the correct forum for this question. The answer is that you'll need to contact Billing and Account Services. They'll probably ask you to fax in proof of the name change, such as a copy of your marriage license.

Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-762
Argentina: 0800-333-0778
Brazil: 0-800-892-1630

Grats on getting married!
90 Goblin Priest
Grats!!
85 Troll Druid
Thanks! And thanks for the information, Teliah, it's greatly appreciated. <3
Support Forum Agent
03/23/2011 8:49 AMPosted by Maeby
Grats!!

^^ This :)

Actually, Kaiith, you can submit the proper documentation via the Webform and save yourself a phone call to Account Services.

Webform: https://us.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml

Choose "Battle.net Account" as the product, "Change Account Information" as the category, and lastly "Legal Name Correction". Further instructions will be provided at that point.
85 Troll Druid
Thanks Harly! And oh cool, that'll save the phone lines (and the Billing/Account rep on the other end) a bit of unnecessary trouble then, we'll do that. Thanks again! :D

Edit: well, one more question then. As proof of name change, would that be a copy of the marriage license or something else?
Edited by Kaiith on 3/23/2011 9:04 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
03/23/2011 9:00 AMPosted by Kaiith
Edit: well, one more question then. As proof of name change, would that be a copy of the marriage license or something else?

A copy of the marriage license should be sufficient. The Terms of Use form should outline what is acceptable and what is not.
81 Draenei Priest
Congrats! I was wondering about this too... since I'm getting married later this year.
85 Troll Druid
Sorry for the late response, got to leveling enchanting and forgot to check the post again. ^^

Thanks again Harly, it's really appreciated. <3

Thanks, Diesira, and an early grats to yourself!
90 Night Elf Rogue
FAQ's are the greatest! Change of last name was so easy to do!
44 Dwarf Paladin
please don't necro threads. this thread was back from March, the month is november. thanks.
90 Goblin Mage
11/18/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Cherasha
FAQ's are the greatest! Change of last name was so easy to do!
This thread is from March and it is very unlikely that the OP will be back to see your non-constructive response. Please do not necro threads and be mindful of the posting date on them.
63 Undead Warrior
Yeah well what if you've been divorced for years and you don't have access to a fax machine? How then can you change your last name on your account?
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
04/08/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Grimah
Yeah well what if you've been divorced for years and you don't have access to a fax machine? How then can you change your last name on your account?

Then you go to a copy shop or public library, where you could get access to a fax machine or a scanner.

And you really shouldn't necro old threads; for maximum visibility, please create a new one.
"Grethan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]