How many 85s needed to do ICC Heroic (10)?

90 Night Elf Priest
I'm in a guild with all cata babies and we never did all the Wrath stuff so... now that we're 85, we want to do ICC for fun. Wowpedia says the recommended level is 80, but since we're 85 and some of us are pretty decently geared (but some are fresh 85s), do we still NEED 10 people to successfully slay the Lich King? What do you think minimum # of people should be?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
If you've never raided at WoTK content and some of your group are just newly 85 then you probably need a full group. Alot of people underestimate heroic ICC (LK especially) and alot of those people don't make it past Marrowgar.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
You will probably still need 3 healers. Level 85 healers, even fairly well geared ones, are nerfed in some ways compared with level 80s. So to be safe you will need 3 healers. You will need 2 tanks for many encounters. So the question is how many dps do you need? You may be able to get away with 3. So thats 8 people, minimum. However to be safe I would take 10 people.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
bet u can 5man most of 10man icc
sindra lk and maybe pp might need a few more, but if u can follow the strats u won't have any issues
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
03/25/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Folexi
If you've never raided at WoTK content and some of your group are just newly 85 then you probably need a full group. Alot of people underestimate heroic ICC (LK especially) and alot of those people don't make it past Marrowgar.
i'm pretty sure a full group of 85s wouldn't have any trouble with marrowgar. i think that claim was a little extreme.

also, can you even turn it to heroic without having someone who has cleared? i have no idea.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Don't forget that sindy will still 1 shot you with the frost blasts if people don't know how to los (170k dmgish?)
If you get actual raiders then they'll be able to pull at least 25-30k+ dps. The whole place is pretty easy to solo heal too, but 2 might be needed for dreamwalker and lk.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
03/26/2011 3:20 AMPosted by Paf
i'm pretty sure a full group of 85s wouldn't have any trouble with marrowgar. i think that claim was a little extreme.

Not really. My guild was 11/12 H-10man for WotLK. Come Cata, everyone hit 85, and a group formed to faceroll H-ICC.

Two hours in with a full group they were only at Gunship.

Granted, ICC is cake now for any 85 who knows what they're in for both in regard to ICC content and the pros/cons of being 85 in such a raid, and I'm sure two-three well minded 85s could easily faceroll it. But a bunch of "low geared" 85s with very little knowledge and experience in the raid are going to have a hard as hell time.
if marrowgar can be soloed, it would take a group of morons to not be able to beat him. differences between heroic and normal marrowgar are... damage output? spikes during whirlwind? things that 100k+ hp pools and damage abilities that can probably one-shot spikes in 10man makes it really hard to believe that a group that was 11/12h had that much in terms of issues with ICC up to gunship.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
with decent players...5-6 ish.

with cata babies...30.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I think i may have wiped once before gunship and that was the first time we pulled heroic marrowgar. At level 80. Honestly everything up to sindy is pretty easily zergable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]