some 3v3 arena clips

85 Human Hunter
updated with some games, with skype this time, of hunter lock druid at 2400+ mmr with koz and selly, biggest noobs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2XQ99wmy8

---------------
put some games together just for the hell of it and figured i would post the link. i'm still new to hunter and arena in general so my play is horrible and i do lots of dumb things, hence our low rating, so dont be too mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9R6T52z85k

mmr in these clips is like 2100, partners are sceli on war and ayrll on druid.

Updated with a new video, this one really shows how amazing I am at trapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38a3vHUJaM
Edited by Kyeno on 4/11/2011 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Not bad. As you mentioned, you made a few mistakes and you know it so I'm not gonna drill it.

Again, not bad all things considering.

I need to find a free version of FRAPS..
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
i totally didnt torrent it 8)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Then you should teach me how to record my games like that so I can show off. x-D
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Edited by Kyeno on 3/30/2011 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Negative, sir.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Edited by Kyeno on 3/30/2011 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Edited by Zorthi on 4/1/2011 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for posting, Kyeno. I also just started arena after years of absence, and it is a learning experience, to say the least. I'm running an MM spec with entrapment.
Edited by Echö on 3/29/2011 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
03/29/2011 7:03 AMPosted by Zorthi
I got a torrent and went to that place and tried a bunch of links. Unfortunately I could not get due to no one sharing(or something). After about an hour I closed everything and just said f#ck it.

hmm, did you get a list that looks something like this scr apetorrent.com/Search/index.php?search=fraps&sort=seed&cat=x# ?

03/29/2011 8:49 AMPosted by Echö
Thanks for posting, Kyeno. I also just started arena after years of absence, and it is a learning experience, to say the least. I'm running an MM spec with entrapment.

a lot of people dont take entrapment so they can get one with nature cause we should be using the single target trap like 90% of the time, what comp you runnin?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Yea man, and I open it with torrent but it just sits at 0.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
it usually takes a while, but if you gave it an hour it shoudl at least get to .1%
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Left two of them going all night. Still at 0.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
My partners are a disc priest and a rogue. They both have quite a bit more experience in arena than I have... I'm the one holding us back at this point, I am fairly certain. My current pvp build is focused more on rated bg, since I haven't been doing arena until now, so I may need to rethink the virtues of entrapment in that context. (It's also the mm build I use on Mag and Chogall). Entrapment works on snake trap as well, so I'd thought initially to retain it for the purpose of locking a healer in the snakes a few extra seconds. But I have wondered if that is enough benefit to overcome the loss of one with nature. Maybe it really isn't, at least for arena.

I don't think I can generalize just yet about my arena experiences, but when we face a paladin healer, I think our general approach has been to try to apply pressure to two targets. When we face a double melee dps team, I've been icing the floor while we pressure the healer with damage (sometimes also keeping my croc on one of them for perma-snare). When we face at least one caster dps, that's the circumstance I start using the freezing trap.

I'm aware I've much to learn, but I think a good deal of arena knowledge comes from time spent in the arena.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
thug cleave seems like a fun comp i'd like to try it sometime. i dunno maybe if you just approach it like rmp you can have some success with it. just set up cc chains and go for kills during that time, you guys can do like 20+ seconds of CC easy.

if you really want to improve you should just watch a lot of videos. http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/7-videos/ and http://www.arenajunkies.com/videos/
Edited by Isuz on 3/30/2011 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Kyeno. 1 week later, it finally finished and it was as you said. I even recorded some BGs of me playing as Fire. Records for more than 30 seconds.

I'm a happy camper. Thanks Kyeno.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
now show us some 3s
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
04/01/2011 07:46 AMPosted by Isuz
now show us some 3s
Of what comp??? lol

I ask because I've been running several with RL friends(gotta love a server where 7 of your friends play... x_x).

I've run Warrior/Mage/Shaman, Mage/Spriest/Shaman, Mage/DK/Dpriest, Mage/Mage/Druid, and of course, Rogue/Mage/Dpriest.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
whatever you want lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I'll start today. Now I need to learn how to edit and publish clips. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]