Where did the wildvine go??

(Locked)

84 Night Elf Druid
I'm at the mid range level of tailoring where I need wildvine and all the pre-cata locations have disappeared. Wildvine was kind of rare before Cata but now it seems to be virtually extinct! Please reintroduce wildvine to the flora of Eastern Kingdoms. Thank you.
10 Blood Elf Warrior
I.... my tailors haven't ever bothered to make anything that needs wildvine.... It doesn't sell, and none of them use it either.

Gee.... I didn't know it was rare. I should probably just sell the gobs of stacks I have around....
85 Worgen Mage
Wildvine is still around, just at a much lower drop rate. Try farming the Purple Lotus in Felwood. :)
84 Night Elf Druid
I usually can't find on the AH on my server but when it does show up it sells for around 100g each. Thanks for the Felwood tip! :)
Edited by Aral on 3/18/2011 8:14 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
None of the wildvine my alts picked up while leveling sold. I tried to sell it and none of it would ever sell. It all just got vendored.
36 Gnome Rogue
If you'd like to see more spawn points for purple lotus you'll probably want to post (constructively) to the Professions forum.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Don't the trolls in the Hinterlands still drop wildvine? I know that's where I used to farm it, but I haven't been back since Cata.
8 Worgen Druid
03/18/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Zaaki
Don't the trolls in the Hinterlands still drop wildvine? I know that's where I used to farm it, but I haven't been back since Cata.

I don't think they do any longer, but it's been a long while since I quested there post Shattering.
85 Night Elf Rogue
This has been a posted issue, along with other reduced supply items, in the Professions forum.

I attempted to farm in Felwood, the last bastion of Wildvine (Hinterlands being of no use now), with less than adequate results.

Wildvine @ 72 gold on my server for 1.

See you in the Professions forum! :)

85 Draenei Shaman
The only places i've been able to get it is off of purple lotus spawns and off of the trolls in NSTV near Fort Livingston. NONE of the trolls that used to drop it drop it anymore. i was recently trying to gear out a cloth wearing alt with items that take wildvine to make and it took me a good 3hrs to get enough wildvine by farming purple lotus in felwood. Hubby was killing the trolls in NSTV at the same time and managed to only get 1 wildvine to drop, so the purple lotus seems to be your best bet.
85 Worgen Mage
03/19/2011 6:29 AMPosted by Calexandra
The only places i've been able to get it is off of purple lotus spawns and off of the trolls in NSTV near Fort Livingston. NONE of the trolls that used to drop it drop it anymore. i was recently trying to gear out a cloth wearing alt with items that take wildvine to make and it took me a good 3hrs to get enough wildvine by farming purple lotus in felwood. Hubby was killing the trolls in NSTV at the same time and managed to only get 1 wildvine to drop, so the purple lotus seems to be your best bet.

Was just doing Arch in N. Stranglethorn and got a single Wildvine to drop off the Trolls in Zul'Mamwe near Fort Livingstone, so yeah, looks like those may be the only mobs that still drop this elusive item.

When I was farming Purple Lotus for making water breathing potions, I got a few of them, but not many, as I stated above. You could also try herbing the plant mobs and see if they yield anything. Some on Wowhead have reported getting some this way. :)
13 Worgen Warrior
I'm looking for wildvine and I can't find it. I've searched everywhere on my higher alts but nothing. I was finally able to find the purple lotus in felwood but only 8 plants (not that strange for there to be that little purple lotus). If you are going to do away with wildvine then you should do away with the things that require it or you should bring it back.
85 Gnome Priest
Try killing the trolls in the Hinterlands Ibite. They're still drop wildvine, and its easier than farming purple lotus.
90 Night Elf Hunter
07/13/2011 07:23 PMPosted by Ibiteback
I'm looking for wildvine and I can't find it. I've searched everywhere on my higher alts but nothing. I was finally able to find the purple lotus in felwood but only 8 plants (not that strange for there to be that little purple lotus). If you are going to do away with wildvine then you should do away with the things that require it or you should bring it back.

There's a fair amount of purple lotus in and around the troll ruins in Stranglethorne Vale. It's where I go to farm if I need any.
90 Worgen Hunter
You should probably not necro old threads that were actually not for this forum in the first place.

You want to go to the professions forum and do a search for this topic and see what is going on there.
85 Human Warlock
Been running Felwood all morning, so far I have 40 purple lotus, NO wildvine. Need it for tailoring. :(
32 Human Warrior
12/14/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Loraan
Been running Felwood all morning, so far I have 40 purple lotus, NO wildvine. Need it for tailoring. :(

Please don't necro old posts. You should ask in the professions forum someone there should be able to help you.
90 Undead Warlock
Kill trolls in STV. It's a better drop rate.
Edited by Diamora on 12/14/2011 12:53 PM PST
50 Blood Elf Warlock
We need Wildvine!!! Tried everything, cant find/farm any. HELP???
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]