Are you a successful Troll Rogue if...

85 Troll Rogue
someone on Alliance goes on a Horde toon just to insult your courage, your existence and your ability for being a Rogue?

This was a Dranei Retadin doing his dailies in Tol Barad. I could not beat him so I do what Rogues do, GTFO. My main is a Paladin and I know the tricks, bubble, Lay on Hands, 20% damage, Stealth breaking pet. Yet I'm a coward. I barely have 100k hp. Barely any Resilience, Combat, and I'm sure I'm going to die.

I had a good laugh though since he got so irritated that he had to do that to fail "troll" me. Some people take this game too seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
What a nice combat build you have, it sort of reminds me of my own...

...HEY!

But yes, usually if you've made the guy come troll you, it's because you were successful, if not in killing him, then in pissing him the f*ck off.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
03/18/2011 8:03 PMPosted by Celinne
But yes, usually if you've made the guy come troll you, it's because you were successful, if not in killing him, then in pissing him the f*ck off.

Half the fun in being a rogue, right here.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
What a nice combat build you have, it sort of reminds me of my own...

...HEY!

Heheh, sorry about that! It looked good so I had to! I changed up on glyphs very slightly. And I can't WAIT for the stealth boost!

I'm just doing what the Trolls do... I love being a jerk in TB, even though karma will bite me hard!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Heheh, sorry about that! It looked good so I had to! I changed up on glyphs very slightly. And I can't WAIT for the stealth boost!

I'm just doing what the Trolls do... I love being a jerk in TB, even though karma will bite me hard!

Glyphs are all good and I was just being funny, dosn't bother me that you took my spec ^_^

Combat PvP guide coming up soon, I think me and Spriestlol just finished writing out all the stuff, should be posting it tomorrow or something... you might wanna look it up.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I'm looking forward to it. I haven't completely tightened up on gems/chants (obviously) but I do love the control I have against casters. The preemptive STFU Kick seems to catch a lot of your average players by surprise and it's an amazing feeling when you can keep a healer from healing for nearly 20 seconds.

It's like seeing a Fire Mage in PvP. It's not cookie-cutter and it may not be "the best" but it does catch a lot of people off guard (why is that mage on a constant sprint and where did my hp go?)

Although I would love to see a couple tweaks on PvP Combat, I'm totally digging it right now!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Get geared and able to kill them while all their friends try to peel you only to fail and watch him die then you vanish out.

*whispers
/popcorn

Not making fun of you for leaving a fight you couldn't win, that's just a perk of being a rogue, you don't have to deal with pointless deaths and they're even angrier than they would have been if they just died.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Get geared and able to kill them while all their friends try to peel you only to fail and watch him die then you vanish out.

*whispers
/popcorn

Not making fun of you for leaving a fight you couldn't win, that's just a perk of being a rogue, you don't have to deal with pointless deaths and they're even angrier than they would have been if they just died.

I actually took out a Boomchicken and blinded/gouged a Paladin and took them both out! That's a major reason why can't wait to be geared!

And yes, when I pop Vanish, I get a kick watching 2-5 people spam their AoE in frustration as I'm doing a real-life LMAO!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I was a night elf for the past 2 and a half years, I don't really buy into the whole horde/alliance bias stuff, doesn't make a difference to me. Anyways my wife and I came to this server for a change of pace, looking for new raid groups and whatnot. I come from a pvp server, and I had no idea that TB was a pve area on pve servers =/

I came here thinking I'd still be able to be mean in tb, around two thousand of my hks are from ganking out there. So now I just run around flagged, find allies, and spam my mounts little snarl thing at them until they get irritated. Yesterday it worked out well, I was sitting on the road to rustberg and a hunter/boomkin come along, both stop and just stare at me, so I start hopping around backwards just messing with them. Sure enough they step back, hunters mark goes up, and it's on. I destroyed both of them to my surprise, seeing as they had a massive jump on me. It's a lot of fun seeing how far you can push things before it ends up biting back at you.

Sorry for the wall of text but it's rare to see a newish (or at least newly gearing) rogue enjoying themselves, everyone qq's so much all the time now. In the middle of these fights with the hunter/boom (I kind of might have camped them a bit and made them force log) I didn't realize it, but my wife had noticed me concentrating a bit, and had been watching what I was doing and she started cracking up, which in turn made me really think about what I did... Lawls ensued.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Some people do dailies to pass time, I like to go harass the Alliance because they think just because they won Tol Barad, they think it's easy Dailies. People complain about lack of world PvE, but Tol Barad is the prime place to do it. Even when I'm outnumbered, I will kick, gouge, blind, slow as many people as I can.

I was on my Paladin who's at 2200 res, and a random Frost Mage invited me to take out some AFK Alliance getting ready for Baradin's Hold. Needless to say, I WoG spammed and he was freezing people and we took out an entire Raid. Few of them made it into the instance... very few...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I usually die when I'm caught by 3 to 4 meddling fools not minding their business. I usually pick fights with people 15-20k more hp than I. So I know what the outcome will be. My favorite is not to release spirit to see if they /spit /lol /mock than I knew I was annoying to some extent.

Occasionally I'll help an Alliance down Problim and blind them and leave. No such thing as 100% kindness from me on my Rogue... well usually...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Btw, the combat rogue guide is up :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
That is one of the many reasons rogues are so much fun.
On a side note, what does blizz have against troll rogues?
The fortune card has one that says "Never trust a Rogue, Especially a Troll Rogue"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I would like to know why there aren't any Dranei rogues. That would just make my day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I would like to know why you posted on a year old thread ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Please don't necro threads, it is against the forum guidelines. This thread is almost exactly 2 years old....
Edited by Haileaus on 3/19/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would like to know why there aren't any Dranei rogues. That would just make my day.

Hooves, man. Too clompy to sneak with.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
03/19/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Haileaus
Please don't necro threads, it is against the forum guidelines.

Ya know, I've read that a number of times. Just went back and did it again. Also Code of Conduct. I see nothing about "necroing" threads. It's obnoxious, but not even slightly against the rules, afaict, unless one is doing one of the other things mentioned in the necroed thread.

If I'm wrong, please show me the part I missed. I've looked and looked, but can't find anything along those lines.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]