Forums on Cairne seem....dead again.

85 Undead Warrior
Yea, not as many people looking for others, nor sells man selling mounts and title runs and random do dads.

Not enough hellos or good byes or well anything but guild recruitment and raid announcements and so forth.....

Other realms have rather interesting forums, I visit a few from time to time, to speak to friends and such...ours seems rather dead, again.

this is just Felstalker speaking to the wall again, anybody care to join?

Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
no
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yea, not as many people looking for others, nor sells man selling mounts and title runs and random do dads.

Not enough hellos or good byes or well anything but guild recruitment and raid announcements and so forth.....

Other realms have rather interesting forums, I visit a few from time to time, to speak to friends and such...ours seems rather dead, again.

this is just Felstalker speaking to the wall again, anybody care to join?

What else is there to talk about?

I could complain how most of the people I used to know on Cairne barely log on anymore, and how most of the new people coming in to replace them seem like useless twits, only twits is not exactly the word I'd like to use.

You post anything other than a guild recruitment post and it just gets buried or not commented on. There's little sense of community on this realm anymore. There used to be, but with the new expansion's focus on guild activity and endgame, there's not so much anymore.

Maybe when some of the guilds hit level 25 in the next 2-3 months, more players will have a focus on things outside of their guilds.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/20/2011 9:42 AMPosted by Mishotem
Maybe when some of the guilds hit level 25 in the next 2-3 months, more players will have a focus on things outside of their guilds.

Bah! Waiting is for the poor and ugly, and I am neither. Since Cataclysm has come out I have met at least ten decent new players, I have shown the sights of Ulduar, Onyxia, Naxx, EoE, Kara, Mag, MC, and Gruul to at least forty others who have never seen them before!

While I have been a bit more inactive in the recent weeks due to life and whatnot, I believe waiting is never the answer!

If we want this community to become an actual community we have to do it ourselves! Not wait for someone else to do it for us!

I'll have to become more active, and encourage more to do the same! And I ask all of you to do the same!
Reply Quote
With the incoming nerfs to the current raid content, new 5man gear to help with said raids. people might be more inclined to step up more. The tuning in 10 mans has been a bit rough for casual raid groups, and if your raid comp isn't all that ideal it gets a lot rougher to progress.

Not sure if a new arena season is due soon, but that always gets people back to get more gears. I'm not saying this is what exclusively drives a community, but it may perk up interest in players being online more.

Oh yea and I'm sure lots of people are playing a certain other game right now too. If it has meh or worse endgame, people will be back by Firelands.
Edited by Xarnen on 3/22/2011 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Not sure if a new arena season is due soon, but that always gets people back to get more gears. I'm not saying this is what exclusively drives a community, but it may perk up interest in players being online more.

Oh yea and I'm sure lots of people are playing a certain other game right now too. If it has meh or worse endgame, people will be back by Firelands.

both of these are rather true. Arena since cataclysm has become much better. More people, more even, more fun overall.

5 games to get a conquest cap instead of 10 games win or lose every week to get points at the very END of the week, not knowing exactly how many you get.

The up coming Guild rep for honorable kills, Battleground wins, and Arena games are sure to help guilds like mine, which leveled to 10 really fast, we reached level cap and only did pvp since....not enough daily quests or heroics ever level us up.

Overall, when I really think about it, it's kinda like Naxx back in wrath, which during this time I first got a toon to 80. People either did Naxx, pugged OS, or talked about Ulduar. Once ulduar came so did the people.....of course it really didn't get active until that whole ToC phase of everything good was easy to get, LFG came in, and guild rep didn't punish people for leaving guilds.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Cairne was busiest during the Ulduar presence, not ToC. With the coming of ToC and the going of Ulduar was when most of the top raiding guilds on server transferred off or split up.

Ulduar also > any other level 80 raids by tenfold.

In short. It's the start of the new expansion. People will leave because things got changed that they don't like and will eventually return once they see that things have either changed back or for the better, or they realize that other, similar games are just not as satisfying in the long term.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
the foremost issue is this game is nearing 7 years old. what was once fresh and exciting, or by year 4 still atleast had a unique twist, is now just the same. i enter and instance and see fighting a dragon as the same thing i did 5 years ago, with a cleave and a tail swipe. other things might be different but its all the same. i log in for 4 hours a week now to play with the 9 or so people who have made my last 2 to 3 years on wow what it was, and nothing will replace logging on vent and screwing around after work with them. regardless though most of us will quit if firelands isn't to our taste, or if it is, after firelands has run its course. because the only thing for sure to kill you, or wow, is time.

and when you get down to it wow is 25% a game and 75% who you play that game with. its unfortunate many of you didn't get to play with the friends i had the extreme privilege to play with and make.
Edited by Beatitudes on 3/24/2011 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
03/26/2011 5:30 AMPosted by Samanthizlol
GO TO A PVP SERVER!!!!!!!!!

I just might when I can find enuf of the 5k darkmoon cards so I can bypass the gold cap limit on xfers!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This thread dead!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
All these threads are dead....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I enjoy resurrecting the Dead.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
DEAD I SAY DEAD LIKE MY HAND
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
vip you Argentinian sob, you still play.
you were the last person i imagined to exist after havoc left
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/22/2011 10:27 PMPosted by Felstalker
The up coming Guild rep for honorable kills, Battleground wins, and Arena games are sure to help guilds like mine, which leveled to 10 really fast, we reached level cap and only did pvp since

OMG MY GUILD IS LEVELING UP!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah I don't post on these forums to often.

Anyone got anything on the go on Cairne these past few days?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
WTB punctuation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Willing to buy more effort in trolling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]