Rogue: Macro Compilation

(Locked)

Awesome thanks, I really appreciate it!
I have a macro question, is there a macro that would use envenom if the target is poisoned with deadly poison, or if they were not, use eviscerate?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/22/2011 2:56 PMPosted by Varúlfure
I have a macro question, is there a macro that would use envenom if the target is poisoned with deadly poison, or if they were not, use eviscerate?

No, those types of qualitative decisions by design do not function in a macro, in fact to write a script that would is considered botting and bannable under the ToS/EULA.

Macros are meant to efficiently handle complex actions but always at the judgement of the user. If a macro evaluated the game state and chose the best action to perform as a result, then there is no decision to be made by the player, the game is playing itself in effect.
What she said. xD Macros cant play the game for you, theyre just there for the convenience and to improve performance.
Edited by Burial on 3/22/2011 3:41 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
I have been unable to do the [@focus] macros and simply reverted to the
/cast [target=focus] Blind

/cast [target=focus] Gouge

etc etc etc.

I do not know why the @ does not work, but I haven't been able to use it.
Ive noticed that that too, but when I added a few conditionals like [exists, harm] they work just fine.
Bump.
85 Human Rogue
Just to pitch in heres a more easier to manager posion macro.
#showtooltip Wound Poison
/use [nomod, button:1] Mind-Numbing Poison; [nomod, button:2] Crippling Poison; [mod:shift, button:2] Wound Poison; [nomod, button:3] Crippling Poison
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18
/click StaticPopup1Button1
Left clicking it does Mind numbing on mainhand, right clicking it does crip on offhand, mid mousing it does crip on throw wep. Shift right click does wound. Another perk to that is you don't have to hit yes for every weapon.

For wep swap macros to have Mindnumbing/crip/crip on throw too as well as keeping up a MS for certain comps you can get another offhand and put wound posion on that weapon and macro it into shiv. Sadly only one offhand dagger and no diff names so In order to macro it for the wep swap I use the equipment manager and use 2 different sets.(for my orig set Wep1, the swap I named Wep2 just preference whatever you wan't to call it.)

#showtooltip Shiv
/equipset Wep1
/cast shiv
/cast throw (just preference if im in range it will shiv if im out of range it will throw saving a keybind.) For the wep swap it's the same macro except for It being Wep2 instead of Wep1.
Edited by Nahjlol on 3/23/2011 6:01 PM PDT
85 Human Rogue
Another useful addition for PvP Would be to macro cheapshot/kidney into stopwatch to track DR. Of cource there's always gladius or some type of DR tracker but to have the stopwatch in a more noticable place to make sure you don't waste your stuns.
#showtooltip Kidney Shot
/cast Kidney Shot
/sw 25
/sw play

#showtooltip Cheap Shot
/cast Premeditation
/cast Cheap Shot
/sw 22
/sw play

Redirect Kidney with stopwatch:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@focus, exists] reset=20 Redirect, Kidney Shot
/cast [mod:shift] Redirect; Redirect
/sw 25
/sw play

Great Job Burial Hope it gets stickied.
03/22/2011 3:11 PMPosted by Caera

No, those types of qualitative decisions by design do not function in a macro, in fact to write a script that would is considered botting and bannable under the ToS/EULA.

Macros are meant to efficiently handle complex actions but always at the judgement of the user. If a macro evaluated the game state and chose the best action to perform as a result, then there is no decision to be made by the player, the game is playing itself in effect.

So I guess my question about a possible macro for casting Backstab when behind a person or Hemo for when you're not would probably fall under that category wouldn't it? ._. Such a pain sometimes, especially if you get a ton of spells flying about and causing all sorts of lag hell >.>.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/23/2011 6:04 PMPosted by Aetherus
So I guess my question about a possible macro for casting Backstab when behind a person or Hemo for when you're not would probably fall under that category wouldn't it? ._. Such a pain sometimes, especially if you get a ton of spells flying about and causing all sorts of lag hell >.>.

Yes, it very much so would fall under that same category.
Thanks Nahjlol, that poison macro is very convenient, and I really like the stopwatch idea. I wouldnt have thought of that.

I hope this gets stickied too! :P
Edited by Burial on 3/24/2011 6:48 PM PDT
Bump.
85 Human Rogue
Great resource, Sticky requested
85 Worgen Rogue
Wow very nice resource, I see some macro's that I've allways wondered about in there.

Clickin the sticky :)
91 Undead Rogue
Couple of macros I am aware of for junk box farmng, thise are ideal for farming junkboxes if you want the epics, or if you are farming Rogue Draughts:

#showtooltip Pick Pocket
/console targetNearestDistance 5
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Pick Pocket
/cleartarget

Just run around in stealth and spam it, pure win.
Fractured Front is a good spot for this as well as Elementium Depths and Normal Grim Batol. Recommend the glyphs of both Pick Pocket and Pick Lock enough, as well as a build including both quickening and Nightstalker.

Some others:

#showtooltip Pick Pocket#show Pick Pocket/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Sap; Sap/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Pick Pocket; Pick Pocket

#showtooltip Pick Pocket
/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Pick Pocket; Pick Pocket

(PPs your mouseover if you have one, your target if you don't)

Ihe macros and comments above are not mine, as I found them on wowhead.

Here's link to the full page: http://www.wowhead.com/item=63349#comments
Bump.
Question

Is there a way to tie in Redirect into my Autoattack/Sinister Strike macro? It would rock if I could just hit one button to tranfer unspent CPs and begin attacking all at once.
It could look something like this:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=60 Redirect, Sinister Strike

I cant think of one that will cast SS while Redirect is on CD since they both share a global, so if that doesnt work then it either cant be done or Im doing it wrong :P

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is to add a reset=target or reset=combat and add many Sinister Strikes to the castsequence lol.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:03 AM PDT
Thx for trying dude. Let us know if you find the right recipe because, like I said, that macro would rock my socks off!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]