Rogue: Macro Compilation

(Locked)

Voted for sticky! Good thread.

Just one question...why do macros always start with showing the tooltip? I haven't done that on any of mine...is there any reason why I should?
Just one question...why do macros always start with showing the tooltip? I haven't done that on any of mine...is there any reason why I should?

Its not something you have to do, its just to make the macro look like any other spell by showing the spells picture (if you chose the ? as your macro icon) and showing what the spell does (like any other non-macro spell).
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:20 AM PDT
90 Worgen Rogue
just helping out with this awesome thread.

Bump.
Such a good thread should not go to waste!

BUMP!
85 Human Rogue
Alright, he's a difficult one for you macro wizards and tbh I'm not sure if it's possible. The scene takes place with me having an enemy target. The macro would do is /assist party1 (might be doing that wrong, been a while for me) and than set it as focus, and somehow get your original target back without losing your focus.

Also, this one's not so desired, but if there is a way to have the sap cleartarget sap macro, but instead of using your target, using your focus. I prolly would never actually use this, but it just seems amusing.
04/26/2011 06:41 PMPosted by Yourmoveboyo
The macro would do is /assist party1 (might be doing that wrong, been a while for me) and than set it as focus, and somehow get your original target back without losing your focus.

You want to assist your focus, but target your last target? Im not quite sure how that would work with a single macro.

/assist [@party1]
/focus [@party1]

However, this macro will make party member 1 your focus and assist it, all without deselecting your current target.

When I added a /targetlasttarget, it seemed to work in that it would target your focus' target with one click and target your last target with another. I guess it depends on which line is first.

/assist [@party1]
/focus [@party1]
/targetlasttarget

04/26/2011 06:41 PMPosted by Yourmoveboyo
Also, this one's not so desired, but if there is a way to have the sap cleartarget sap macro, but instead of using your target, using your focus.

#showtooltip
/target [@focus]
/cleartarget
/cast Sap

Seems to work, of course you could just make a macro like:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Sap

and still have the same outcome.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:20 AM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
Here is my favorite macro that I use for my main cp building attack, so for my pve mut spec backstab is simply replaced with mutilate.

#showtooltip Backstab
/cast [nostealth, nocombat] Stealth
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [nostealth, combat, harm, exists] Backstab
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
85 Human Rogue
04/26/2011 08:11 PMPosted by Burial
The macro would do is /assist party1 (might be doing that wrong, been a while for me) and than set it as focus, and somehow get your original target back without losing your focus.

You want to assist your focus, but target your last target? Im not quite sure how that would work with a single macro.

/Assist [@party1]
/Focus [@party1]

However, this macro will make party member 1 your focus and assist it, all without deselecting your current target.

When I added a /targetlasttarget, it seemed to work in that it would target your focus' target with one click and target your last target with another.

/Assist [@party1]
/Focus [@party1]
/Targetlasttarget

Sorry, I'm bad with words, but, don't worry, I figured it out.

/assist [@party1]
/focus target
/targetlasttarget

I wasn't exactly legal to drive when I posted that which is why I wasn't driving and was on the forums. lol - Thanks for your help.
I wish people would browse the forums at least a little bit before making a thread asking for macro help. The title wasnt made to decieve you lol.

Edited by Burial on 4/27/2011 12:44 PM PDT
hey guys ! i really enjoy these macros.could someone pls help me construct a macro that goes stealth-premed-SS-ambush-KS- from there i would spam BS , its a favorite opener , along with....sub garrote for ambush and evis for ks...that would b awesome
85 Worgen Rogue
I need a macro to cast ToT on a pre-determined person without changing my target (lets call this toon Bob).

I keep screwing it up somehow and am tired of trying to figure it out.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
#showtooltip
/cast [@nameofperson] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade
Bump.

EDIT: What the heck does it take to get a [Sticky] around here?
Edited by Burial on 5/12/2011 5:46 AM PDT
85 Goblin Rogue
I've voted it for sticky again
04/27/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Kønvict
hey guys ! i really enjoy these macros.could someone pls help me construct a macro that goes stealth-premed-SS-ambush-KS- from there i would spam BS , its a favorite opener , along with....sub garrote for ambush and evis for ks...that would b awesome

Well, it wouldnt be a good idea to put all of that into one macro. However, I could combine a few of them to simplify things.

You can combine Premeditation to all of your openers so that you have one less button to worry about:

#showtooltip Ambush
/cast Premeditation
/cast Ambush

Then:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Kidney Shot
/cast [nomod, stealth] Ambush; [nomod, nostealth] Backstab

Ambush while Stealth and Backstabs otherwise, just hold shift to use Kidney Shot. Splits what you were looking for into two macros.

Adding Backstab/Ambush to Shadowstep is also a good idea; lets you get off the attack the moment you are behind your target:

#showtooltip
/cast Shadowstep
/cast [stance:1/3] Ambush; [nostealth] Backstab

You could also move your spells around so that your opener switches to your finisher when your bars switch.

However, if you really want what youre after, this may suffice:

#showtooltip
/cast !Stealth
/cast Premeditation
/cast [mod:shift] Kidney Shot
/cast [nomod, stealth, combat] Shadowstep
/cast [nomod, stance:1/3] Ambush; [nomod, nostealth] Backstab

It should do everything you asked for. Just hold shift to cast the finisher, and swap out the spells for your other spec.
Edited by Burial on 6/20/2011 9:10 PM PDT
Bump.
Bump.
85 Goblin Rogue
I've voted this for sticky 3 times in the last couple weeks i will do it again
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i want a macro that dismantle + Shiv when im in combat and also do deadly throw if mage blink ---- How can i get that going

i try

/cast dismantle
/cast shiv
/cast Deadly Throw

Dismantle and shiv works but not deadly throw
Kinda difficult considering all of those abilities share a GCD so Im not quite sure how youre getting Dismantle and Shiv to work.

You could add modifiers for each ability:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [nomod] Shiv; [mod:shift] Dismantle; [mod:ctrl] Deadly Throw

It starts your attack, casts Shiv normally, Dismantle while holding shift, and Deadly Throw while holding ctrl. Any other method would probably waste the Energy, CD or Combo Points and wouldnt be a good idea.
Edited by Burial on 6/20/2011 9:11 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]