Rogue: Macro Compilation

(Locked)

05/07/2011 09:51 AMPosted by Ubad
Ooc: stealth (if not stealthed), premed, ss, garrot, hemo, kidneyshot, backstab, backstab, rupture

#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat] !Stealth
/cast Premeditation
/cast [stealth] Shadowstep; [combat] Shadowstep
/cast [stealth] Garrote; [combat] Backstab

Stealths whenever you are able to, casts Premeditation whenever you are able to, casts SS when you are in stealth and in combat, and casts Garrote while Stealthed and BS while not.

I could add modifiers to the macro, but it would just complicate it further, and its not a good idea to have such a bloated macro because it can bug out and not work the way you want it to. I would use this to Stealth/SS mainly because you dont want to waste a SS while BSing.

In combat: cos, vanish, prep, (copy above).

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [combat] Cloak of Shadows
/stopcasting
/cast [combat] Vanish; !Stealth
/stopcasting
/cast Preparation

I read that somewhere, but I havent tested it out for myself, so Im sorry if it doesnt work the way you wanted it to. Im guessing that the stopcasting portion is so that it doesnt use all of the ablities simulaneously, meaning that youll have to press the button each time you want to use the spell.

Ooc: stealth (if not stealthed), premed, ss, ambush, hemo, rupture

#showtooltip
/cast !Stealth
/cast Premeditation
/cast [nomod, stealth] Shadowstep; [nomod, combat] Shadowstep
/cast [stealth] Ambush; [nostealth] Hemorrhage
/cast [mod:shift] Rupture

Stealths whenever you are able to, casts Premeditation whenever you are able to, casts SS when you are in stealth and in combat, and casts Ambush while Stealthed and Hemorrhage while not. Casts Rupture while holding shift.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:19 AM PDT
85 Gnome Rogue
BAMP.
Bump.
85 Goblin Rogue
#Showtooltip
/CastSequence Reset=5 MH poison, OH Poison, Thrown Poison
/Use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18
/Click StaticPopup1Button1

I use:

#showtooltip
/use [nomodifier] Instant Poison; [modifier:shift] Deadly Poison; [modifier:ctrl] Wound Poison
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18
/click StaticPopup1Button1
Thanks, whatever works for you :P they both get the job done, but it gives others something to choose from.
85 Goblin Rogue
05/10/2011 08:23 AMPosted by Burial
Thanks, whatever works for you :P they both get the job done, but it gives others something to choose from.

The benefit for mine is that in the unlikely case that you want to put a different poison than the norm on your weapon, you have the ability to using modifiers, instead of being at the mercy of a /castsequence macro.
Edited by Tannjam on 5/10/2011 8:30 AM PDT
85 Troll Druid
very nice
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Well, it wouldnt be a good idea to put all of that into one macro. However, I could combine a few of them to simplify things.

You can combine Premeditation to all of your openers so that you have one less button to worry about:

#Showtooltip Ambush
/Cast Premeditation
/Cast Ambush

Then:

#Showtooltip
/Cast [mod:shift] Kidney Shot
/Cast [nomod, stealth] Ambush; [nomod, nostealth] Backstab

Ambush while Stealth and Backstabs otherwise, just hold shift to use Kidney Shot. Splits what you were looking for into two macros.

Adding Backstab/Ambush to Shadowstep is also a good idea; lets you get off the attack the moment you are behind your target:

#Showtooltip
/Cast Shadowstep
/Cast [stance:1/3] Ambush; [nostealth] Backstab

You could also move your spells around so that your opener switches to your finisher when your bars switch.

However, if you really want what youre after, this may suffice:

#Showtooltip
/Cast !Stealth
/Cast Premeditation
/Cast [mod:shift] Kidney Shot
/Cast [nomod, stealth, combat] Shadowstep
/Cast [nomod, stance:1/3] Ambush; [nomod, nostealth] Backstab

It should do everything you asked for. Just hold shift to cast the finisher, and swap out the spells for your other spec.

Could say exactly what this does. I am new to Macros. Also. do you have to hit the button to complete each sequence ie. Stealth mash, Kidney shot mash, Shadowstep mash etc..
05/10/2011 09:29 AMPosted by Hottaco
Could say exactly what this does. I am new to Macros. Also. do you have to hit the button to complete each sequence ie. Stealth mash, Kidney shot mash, Shadowstep mash etc..

Well it looks kinda complicated, but its actually pretty simple. Clicking this button out of Stealth/combat will Stealth you. Premeditation is off of the GCD meaning that it can cast simultaneously with other spells, so this is one less spell you will have to worry about. The mod portion of the macro is to simply cast Kidney Shot while holding shift. Shadowstep is also off of the GCD, and it will only cast if you are Stealthed or in combat. The last line is for getting off an Ambush or Backstab the second you Shadowstep behind your target. However, this macro isnt for Ambush/Backstab spamming because if you were to use it as one, youd probably be wasting a Shadowstep CD when you might already be behind the target, and thats why I mainly use it to Stealth/Shadowstep.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:19 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Thanks Burial,

I would like to know if there is a Macro that is one button.

Stealth
Shadowstep
Ambush
Kidney
Back Stab
Premediation

Also do you hit the same button for each step?
No, sorry to disappoint you, but macros are not there to play the game for you.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Nice work thanks!
85 Undead Rogue
Ok, I am extremely noobish to macros...which is why I don't use them :(

Anyways, in the heat of a dungeon/battle, I always forget to cast TotT on my tank. Is there a way to target the tank with TotT without actually selecting him (as I am in the middle of my rotation)?

And another question, how do I activate the macro? Do I keybind it as normal? or click an icon?
85 Goblin Rogue
Ok, I am extremely noobish to macros...which is why I don't use them :(

Anyways, in the heat of a dungeon/battle, I always forget to cast TotT on my tank. Is there a way to target the tank with TotT without actually selecting him (as I am in the middle of my rotation)?

And another question, how do I activate the macro? Do I keybind it as normal? or click an icon?

From the first post in this thread:

#showtooltip
/Cast [@focus, help, nodead]; Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

Casts TotT at your focus if you have one, at your enemys target if its targeting an ally, or on the targeted party member.

And you keybind it like a normal ability
05/24/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Ohumad

You only need to drag the macro down onto your action bars like you would do with a spell from your spellbook and activate it in the same manner.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:20 AM PDT
Bump.
70 Undead Priest
Bump.
85 Blood Elf Rogue

#showtooltip Shadowstep
/Cast !Stealth
/Cast Premeditation
/Cast [stealth] Shadowstep; [combat] Shadowstep
/Cast [stealth] Ambush; [nostealth] Backstab

I recently dual spec'ed my rogue to add Subtlety so i can get more serious with pvp. I've just barely scratched the surface getting set up, and in the process I came across this useful thread. The above macro appears throughout this thread several times on several pages, with minor variations to the attacks at the end, and so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, at least for me, it doesn't work as advertised.

Specifically, during tests against a Training Dummy, activating the macro will successfully cast stealth, premeditation, and then shadowstep, but then fails to deliver the promised opener/attack. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

The following can be ruled out as causes for the failure to attack:
(1) daggers were equipped
(2) stealth was off cooldown
(3) premeditation was off cooldown
(4) shadowstep was off cooldown
(5) macro copied exactly (cut & paste)

I've spent hours trying to figure out whats wrong. Any ideas? Has anyone else tried using this macro?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]