Rogue: Macro Compilation

(Locked)

Specifically, during tests against a Training Dummy, activating the macro will successfully cast stealth, premeditation, and then shadowstep, but then fails to deliver the promised opener/attack. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Im sorry to hear that, Im pretty sure it worked when I used i though... Im not longer Sublety so I cant test it out for myself however. I cant think of why it wouldnt work; Premed and SS are off of the GCD so it shouldnt interfere with the other commands. The only thing I can think of is to change some conditionals.

If you have the time, see if this one works:

#showtooltip Shadowstep
/cast [nocombat] !Stealth
/cast Premeditation
/cast [stealth] Shadowstep; [combat] Shadowstep
/cast [stealth] Ambush; [combat] Backstab

I didnt change much. And as a note, I used this macro to SS, the other commands are just there to make my life easier.
Edited by Burial on 6/26/2011 11:18 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
With the discovery that gouging a target allows Killing Spree to ignore it, I'm looking for a macro to quickly set focus targets, possibly a mouseover, any suggestions?
/focus [@mouseover]

Should be all you need to focus your mouseover.
Edited by Burial on 6/20/2011 9:18 PM PDT
New to macros, can anyone give me a hand making one something along the lines of

/cast shadow dance
/showactionbar (whatever is needed for stealth, [stance:1]?)

Basically i want my stealth action bar to show whenever i'm dancing.
#showtooltip
/Cast Shadow Dance
/SwapActionBar 1 2

One click to switch bars, another to go back.
Not 100% if this has been covered; only briefly skimmed the titles of the subsections, but I'll add one of my favorites. This one's for Engineers with Synapse Springs tinkered onto their gloves.

#showtooltip
/cast Mutilate (or Sinister Strike, accordingly)
/cast [Name of Gloves or # of gloves item slot]

being that the bonus from synapse springs isn't significant, I don't bother to save it for any special moments like one would with some trinkets. I believe the cooldown is only one minute, so its a pretty frequent proc and you probably won't ever notice the cast being that mut or SS is such a spammed button.
06/09/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Tricep
being that the bonus from synapse springs isn't significant, I don't bother to save it for any special moments like one would with some trinkets. I believe the cooldown is only one minute, so its a pretty frequent proc and you probably won't ever notice the cast being that mut or SS is such a spammed button.

Good point lol.
06/09/2011 08:44 PMPosted by Burial

Good point lol.

it really becomes more of a relatively frequent-proc enchant than a "click to use" item
Stickied! Rawr :P
90 Night Elf Rogue
You go girl!!
85 Human Rogue
In short, what are the most commonly used macros in arena. to target and focus
In all honesty, there is no set of macros that are specifically used for arenas. It all comes down to preference and playstyle. If you need some help making one that suits you, lemme know :)
Edited by Burial on 6/13/2011 8:56 PM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
Does anyone know a macro that will be Cheap Shot while Stealthing and in Shadow Dance as well as casting Eviserate with no modifier and casting Eviserate with an alt modifier (this is to use cheap show as the normal button while dancing while using eviserate whils holding alt). As well as Kidney Shot with a Shift modifier.

I've tried:

#show
/cast [mod:shift] Kidney Shot; [mod:alt] Eviscerate; [stance:1] Cheap Shot; [stance:2] Cheap Shot; [nomod] Eviscerate

The problem is that the macro wont be Cheap Shot while dancing but it will be during normal stealth.

Any help?

Thank you.
Edited by Honeylove on 6/15/2011 1:01 PM PDT
Try this and get back to me with the results:

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1/3, nomod] Cheap Shot; [mod:shift] Kidney Shot; [mod:alt] Eviscerate; [nomod] Eviscerate

This should do everything that you wanted, granted I understood your intentions. I believe you were on the right track, [stance:2] is Vanish so that might be why your macro wasnt working.
Edited by Burial on 6/20/2011 9:18 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Quick question Burial, when using /startattack in a macro doesn't that reset the swing timer, shouldn't it be /startattack [nocombat] ?
Edited by Tellis on 6/17/2011 2:55 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
No it does not. You're a-ok sans the modifier.
85 Dwarf Rogue
I have a question is there a macro that lets me sap a target, then automatically selects the next closest target? for example in 2v2 I sap one guy then im automatically on the next guy?
06/19/2011 01:18 PMPosted by Maxlord
I have a question is there a macro that lets me sap a target, then automatically selects the next closest target? for example in 2v2 I sap one guy then im automatically on the next guy?

I honestly dont know, but Ive never heard of such a macro, so Id have to guess no unfortunately :\
Ah, you know what, its probably the way its typed out.

For example:

/TargetEnemyPlayer

may be different from

/targetenemyplayer

I know for a fact that #ShowTooltip is different from #showtooltip, so it might be a similar problem. I was just trying to make is easier to read :P
Edited by Burial on 6/20/2011 9:19 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]