Raiding as Retribution - Updated for 4.1

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
redcape posted btw
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Finally, the clarification I was looking for.

PvP vs 372 T11 issue resolved. 372 > PvP > 359, as originally concluded.
Edited by Svayne on 3/25/2011 11:51 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Now you have to find another question to ask them =o

Blizzard imo needs to give us a better delete button.
Edited by Kanade on 3/25/2011 12:01 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Now you have to find another question to ask them =o

Blizzard imo needs to give us a better delete button.

I'd rather not have to find one, haha. I'm perfectly content with how we work right now. It also means I don't have to hunt for a tier shoulder drop. :P

Agreed on the delete button. 15 minutes is teh lose.
Edited by Svayne on 3/25/2011 12:47 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
You could have just linked the Elitest Jerk thread. :p
Edited by Castilla on 3/25/2011 2:12 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/25/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Castilla
You could have just linked the Elitest Jerk thread. :p

My guide's a tad more condensed and to-the-point. I implemented information from EJ in a more definite form in most areas. Some people can't be bothered to research and translate the information themselves, so I opted to do it for them.

Most of it is my own words and explanations, so it's not like it's a copy and paste, bar the mechanics section and some cited areas. And hey, if it's not enough, I linked plenty of other resources too. No bigs.
Edited by Svayne on 3/26/2011 1:26 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
T2 weapon or 359 Ashkandi? Go.
Edited by Svayne on 3/26/2011 2:16 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
T2 - more str, more damage per second ,more damage ,and more crit .It's almost a clone of heroic akrius but resilience instead of expertise and crit instead of mastery .

normal Ashkandi - You can reforge hit to X stat ,and the orginal ashkandi looked better imo .

The debate would be rather or note the reforging of the hit on ashkandi would make it superior to T2 pvp weapon .
Edited by Kanade on 3/26/2011 2:49 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That's the question, then. I'm far too not interested in grinding 2200 in 3s/5s for the weapon, so I try to content myself with the idea that T2 probably isn't thaat big of an upgrade over 359 Ashkandi. At the same time, I'm having trouble actually getting the stupid weapon.

I imagine the PvP weapon would be considered easier to get since you can just actively grind it, but arena comes with a lot of frustration and dealing with getting facerolled by a lot of teams once you're actually getting somewhere. Hard to tell which one is more worth the trouble.

[e] And yeah, the old Ashkandi was far cooler.
Edited by Svayne on 3/26/2011 3:56 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to go with the top end damage that the T2 pvp weapon makes it superior to normal ashkandi .

The only thing ashkandi has going for it is a one better secondary stat plus a speed of 3.80 .

For obtaining the weapons i'd say 2200 wep is easier to obtain because it can be obtained with any specs and some battlegroups are just terrible when it comes to arenas .I guess it requires finding a good partner but you could just pay someone .

Nef's weapon on the other hand is really up to rng and your guild. Both factors can hinder your process by a good length of time.

You need to get a shadowmourne .
Edited by Kanade on 3/27/2011 3:53 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The only reason we want slower weapons is because they correlate with higher weapon damage. Is that correct? So the weapon speed of Ashkandi shouldn't rightfully matter versus the still-superior weapon damage of the T2 weapon.

I'll probably be grinding the rating for it pretty soon here. Just have to find a team. :) One that doesn't blow.

03/27/2011 3:48 PMPosted by Kanade
You need to get a shadowmourne .

I'm working on it. :D
85 Tauren Paladin
is there a way to code your table of contents so that you can click the name and have it go to the right post? jw.

nice mid length guide.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
The only downside of pvp weapon for pve is resilience, I think pvp weapons have good short burst dps than pve weapons but, pve weapon are better in the long run. Anyone got both weapons and got time for a spreadsheets?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
is there a way to code your table of contents so that you can click the name and have it go to the right post? jw.

nice mid length guide.

I can put in external links for it, yes. I'll go ahead and do that.

03/29/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Zaknafeind
The only downside of pvp weapon for pve is resilience, I think pvp weapons have good short burst dps than pve weapons but, pve weapon are better in the long run. Anyone got both weapons and got time for a spreadsheets?

359 PvP weapons are in no way better than 359 raid weapons. 372 PvP weapons have higher weapon damage and Strength than 359 PvE weapons, but less rating - overall, they are better than 359 PvE weapons. It's just that simple. No need for spreadsheets.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Depends on the secondary stats?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's all dependent on the Strength and weapon damage. Their values on the 372 PvP weapons simply outweigh the missing secondary stat from the 359 raid weapons.

372 raid > 372 PvP > 359 raid > 359 PvP

H Ashkandi > H Akirus > 372 PvP > 359 Ashkandi > 359 Akirus > 359 PvP

[e] Added the jump-to links for the table of contents, as per Rayge's request.
Edited by Svayne on 4/1/2011 12:38 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
sticky plz
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Crabby believes we're going to be buffed next patch. I'd like to think so, but alas! it cannot be.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]