The next possible playable race

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
Here are some races that could be the next playable race In a future World of Warcraft expansion.

For the Horde:

1. Ogres
2. Harpies

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg
2. High Elves
3. Centaur

Can go either way

1.Pandaren
2. Murlocs

also Possible but may never happen

1. Vrykul
2. Naga
3. Arakkoa
4. Ethereal
5. Gnoll
6. Kobold
7. Quilboar
8. Tuskarr
9. Drakonid
10. Nerubian
11. Satyr
12. Qiraji

Vote for one for the Alliance and other for the Horde. The most Voted will be most likely race to be the next playable race.

oh ya you most back up you votes with good lore that shows that your race can Join the Horde or the Alliance.
Edited by Furbarius on 3/22/2011 11:47 PM PDT
85 Undead Hunter
For the Horde:

1. Ogres
2. Harpies

no the horde will not take those races...

and highelves are too few to go to the alliance.

I have a Whole new idea....make a new faction

Murlocs, Naga, Qiraji ,Arakkoa, Ethereal and w/e they can just be put up with all the alliance an horde war they bonded to fight both
100 Human Paladin
I'd like to see playable ogres on the Horde. They were an iconic Horde unit in Warcraft II, they rejoined the Horde in Warcraft III, and we already have some Horde-aligned ogre NPCs in WoW.

For the Alliance... I want to say high elves, for essentially the same reasons (they contributed units in Warcraft II and Warcraft III, and they have a strong NPC presence in WoW), but it seems unlikely to happen with blood elves on the Horde.
85 Undead Hunter
Naga seem they would like being in the horde
100 Human Paladin
03/22/2011 11:42 PMPosted by Shêpherd

The Horde already has ogres in the form of the Stonemaul Clan, the Dreadmaul Tribe, and the Dunemaul Band.

The Alliance already has high elves. They're concentrated most heavily at the Quel'Danil Lodge, the Allerian Stronghold, and in Dalaran (the Silver Covenant).
85 Troll Warlock
MY vote is with Harpies and Naga all, as always.
85 Undead Hunter
Posted by Shêpherd

The Horde already has ogres in the form of the Stonemaul Clan, the Dreadmaul Tribe, and the Dunemaul Band.

The Alliance already has high elves. They're concentrated most heavily at the Quel'Danil Lodge, the Allerian Stronghold, and in Dalaran (the Silver Covenant).

i think u got me wrong....lol ill be honest and id think ALOT of horde players will agree
this is a alliance n horde debate

Alliance got Worgan a beast race thats awesome! goblins are cool but not as cool as worgan

horde DOES feel special about having bloodelfs...if alliance has them 2 it will kinda break the whole blood elf thing the horde has

Orges are not cool....i would really rather have a naga...Harpies is unlikely blizz will have to take that flying aspec away from them.

To be honest i see naga being apart of the horde insted of alliance. Night elves dont like them and they have more in common with the horde i can see that.
Furbolgs can be alliance but they look to much like worgan for people to want to play them

im not so sure about alliance tho i guess murlocs or some other class like enternals w/e their called

I think a whole new 3rd faction would be a good idea...if blizzerd can pull it off
Edited by Shêpherd on 3/23/2011 12:25 AM PDT
99 Undead Priest
Honestly, I think there are enough playable races as is. If Blizzard were to add more, I'd be perfectly happy to see entirely new races, perhaps natives of whatever region such an expansion might explore.
19 Worgen Mage
03/23/2011 1:27 AMPosted by Felya
Honestly, I think there are enough playable races as is. If Blizzard were to add more, I'd be perfectly happy to see entirely new races, perhaps natives of whatever region such an expansion might explore.

Won't happen. Blizzard learned their lesson after the draenei fiasco. They said they wanted to seed races ahead of time so they had plenty of lore in the game. (Not that this helped the worgen...)

Murlocs won't happen as they're still too primitive. But I could see Ogres for the Horde and maybe Vrykul for the Alliance.
56 Dwarf Death Knight
I'd say ogres and furbolgs. But, ideally, no more races until the ones in game are fleshed out much better.

I don't think there'll be a harpy race ever, unless Blizzard decide they want a one-gender race. And centaurs are kinda ginormous jerks to everyone, so I don't see them happening either. And the whole mount difficulties, armour difficulties, etc.
Edited by Kissington on 3/23/2011 1:38 AM PDT
76 Blood Elf Mage
i dont think the Naga will ever joyn one of these factions, they are way too hated by both. and they have already allied themselves with the old Gods. It would be awesome if they did, and i would deffinatly play one, but i dont see it happen.

the highelves wont work either, since they are too few. i am aware they are in the Alliance already, but making them playable wouldnt make sence, because then suddenly there would be High Elves everywhere. there is a reason we see them so rarely, they are almost extinct.

Harpies could work IF blizz cam up with a new concept: hero race. like DK but a race, that way you could start at level 60, and the flying wouldnt be an issue. but with the lore i just dont see it happen. they are too primitive and evil, even for the Horde.

no demonic races could be played because:
1 what would that do to the warloc class?
2 no faction would accept them, the Orcs are never going to work with demons, not again. and the night elves and draenei would never ally with demons.

Ogres could happen, since they have been part of the Horde before, and some of them are today.

Pandaren would be really awesome, i dont see why they wouldnt be playable, except for the fact that the female pandaren would look weird.

Etheral i can see happen too, in fact i can imagime that they would work well in either faction.

And furlbog would make sence, i could see them on the alliance side, working with the night elves. their spirituality would be a good reason to put them in the game, now that it is more needed than ever to get in contact with nature.

85 Tauren Druid
When you talk about a race you have to think about lots of things: Specially the classes and racials.

The races that have been listed in here, whom matches lore, classes and racials, are ogres(they already make part of the horde because goblins use them as bodygyards) and centaur( they have issues with a lot of horde territories.)
100 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 12:24 AMPosted by Shêpherd
Alliance got Worgan a beast race thats awesome! goblins are cool but not as cool as worgan

I don`t think so, Goblins > Worgen
73 Orc Warrior
03/22/2011 11:31 PMPosted by Furbarius
2. Harpies

No

Not ever

NEVER

Nunca

This concept should DIIIIIIIEEEEEE

History
Dot
Morte
Toast
Dead as a doornail
Last tango in Paris!
85 Human Mage
Goblins don't use Ogres as Body Guards. They use Hobgoblins. Ogres body guards are mercenaries, not specifically employed by Goblins.

Anyway, if other races were introduced as playable:

Ogres for Horde
Aroaka or High Elves for Alliance

~~~

Ogres already have a History with the horde, as well as classes. They'd just need a starter zone. Maybe Tel'Abim? It's close to Feralas.

High Elves have a long history with the Alliance. Problem is, they'd be Blood Elf clones. Sole difference is they wouldn't be warlocks due to refusing fel magic. For a starter zone, give them Northron.
85 Human Mage
Take Harpies off the list, as they don't have males, meaning it'd be a playable race without a male counterpart. Whoever got them would complain, because that's a sport on the forums.

Also, Tol'vir for the Alliance. Just keep grouping up the Titan races for us blizzard. Yeah they're four legged but I'm sure blizzard can find some way around that. Make them two-legged in some manner. Four legged as a mount effect like worgen, except Tol'vir could carry others.
100 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 8:21 AMPosted by Lemarcus
How about DRAGONS for the Horde and Sludge Oozes for the Alliance?

Sludge Oozes already have more lore for Horde, see Bloodvenom Post
85 Draenei Paladin
Honestly...why are players saying High Elves? You know they are the exact same thing as blood elves except for the eyes?
Naga can't happen cause of armor and character design. This has been explained many times to the countless "next race" threads...
Centuar have nothing to do with the alliance...AT ALL. They are only allies with the Night Elves and even then they wouldn't join, they ARE the Cenarion Circle. They were the first druids, they are pretty much all druids teachers. They are allies of tauren druids. So they would not ever join alliance or horde.

Harpies...they seem to hate the world if you ask me. Orges could work.

None of this matters since next expansion is a new class.
100 Human Paladin
03/23/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Xanik
Centuar have nothing to do with the alliance...AT ALL. They are only allies with the Night Elves and even then they wouldn't join, they ARE the Cenarion Circle. They were the first druids, they are pretty much all druids teachers. They are allies of tauren druids. So they would not ever join alliance or horde.

You seem to be confusing the centaur with the keepers of the grove.

03/23/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Xanik
None of this matters since next expansion is a new class.

Do you have a source to back that up, or are you assuming they're going to stick to a "race/class/race" pattern indefinitely?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]