The next possible playable race

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/29/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Khasiim
[...]epic beards which is needed badly Horde side.
1) Give to revamped orcs.

2) Give to revamped tauren.

3) Give to pandaren, who can then go Horde if they so choose.

Then again, I may be biased; I can't really see the appeal of vrykul. They're just big, violent humans.

Watch them in action in the Wrath Gate cinematic so awesome.
Reply Quote
01/29/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Nathreim
Watch them in action in the Wrath Gate cinematic so awesome.
I've seen the Wrathgate cinematic. I've killed my share of the bastards. While I can certainly take them seriously (can't say that for every mob), I just don't find them that impressive.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Warrior
1. Ogres
2. Harpies

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg
2. High Elves
3. Centaur

Can go either way

1.Pandaren
2. Murlocs

also Possible but may never happen

1. Vrykul
2. Naga
3. Arakkoa
4. Ethereal
5. Gnoll
6. Kobold
7. Quilboar
8. Tuskarr
9. Drakonid
10. Nerubian
11. Satyr
12. Qiraji

1. Some ogres are already recruited in the horde. In fact during the Second War, they were completely allied with them.

2. Harpies have already made enemies with too many.
-----------------
1. Furbolgs are independant and only one tribe is not corrupt.
2. High Elves are already spread with the Alliance and few are with the Horde.
3. Why Centuar? I'm not even going to explain. It's just a dumb concept.
-----------------
1. Pandarians are going to the Alliance and Horde.
2. Murlocs? Sure there were hoaxes about it and even loads of rumors, but I don't think murlocs will join either side. If they were to join a faction, the entire world would have to be changed.
-----------------
Kobolds and Gnolls will never join any side. Nor will any undead or demons.

In conclusion, we have too many races already. We even have some races with useless racials (Humans-Every man for himself is just a copy of Will of the Forsaken).
When a new playable races comes in the game, you must carefully create racials good enough so the race isn't underpowered or overpowered. Pandarians had a racial called Bouncy which cut fall damage by 50%, but Blizzard said it seemed a little overpowered.
I don't really see any good racials for any of these races, since some could just be copies of others (like the centuar could have a speed racial which is just like Darkflight, and Naga and Murlocs could have increased breath under water which is just a copy of the undead racial similar).
The undead will never join any faction unless you're Forsaken, or the unemployed val'kyre.
Some races are also just seem like declined druid forms (naga, centaur, harpies, etc)

What it comes down to is that this list was not really planned out. I give it a 2/10 because it was kind of creative.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I don't understand large chunks of WoWs storyline. During the Wrathgate cinematic I seem to remember Sylvanas having his Undead open up on Horde and Alliance alike. I do not get how or why the Horde trust them at all.

My own personal vote is for Ethereals and Nagas.

It would make a great expansion since they could add a whole new world for the Ethereals (I think; from what I gathered from different quests, Ethereals are coming in from another dimension) and you could have the "good" Ethereals be Alliance and the cool black and red ones be horde. In keeping with the general theme of Alliance v. Horde, the Alliance ones would have like a heal or since they are merchants cheaper buy prices and higher sell prices at vendors. While the Horde version would get some uber awesome PVP ability.

My next suggestion would probably require an entirely new game or total change of the faction system. Elimination of the Horde and the Alliance. Or at least splitting them into a third or fourth faction.

Gnomes are friendly with Dwarves, but the Dwarves seem to be giving them grief and want them out of Ironforge. Gnomes and Goblins, while rivals, seem to generally be very friendly in the sense that Gadgetzan, Ratchet and so on are full of both Goblins and Gnomes and they seem to generally work well together building better things that explode. Why not make them their own faction, Neutral to the other two?

I have played almost no Horde at all, but the Tauren seem like they would be friendly with Nelfs and other tree-huggers. From the little I have playedof Horde it seems like Hellscream is a grade A jerkass and I dont get why the Tauren and their earth loving ways go along with Horde strip-mining operations and deforestation and the Undeads experimentations.

So maybe put the earth loving hippie races off on their own too. For the same reasons I listed, why do Nelfs let humans do their own manifest destiny type stuff in the name of resources for their endless war with their arch-enemy the orcs.

So then you could have the (small) Alliance (Dorfs Humans Drae) vs. the (small) Horde (Orcs Undead Belfs); the tree huggers (Nelfs Tauren Trolls) vs. the mechanized capitalists (gnomes goblins Worgen). (I just kind of tossed in Worgen on the capitalist side since they have British voices and no homeland currently; I know they are probly a better fit on the tree hugger side but for the sake of team balance...)

Ideally though I wish characters could just do things and be friendly with people they help.

I think it's really racist and stupid that every single person in the whole universe instantly hates every member of "the enemy" races. That chick Taretha liked Thrall. It seems wholly illogical on it's face that no orc, troll, goblin, undead, Belf, or tauren could ever prove themselves as being an ally of the Alliance. Yet a Death Knight of an Alliance race is forgiven with a little song and a dance. Speaking of which...how do the Alliance guards tell the difference between a Human Death Knight and an Undead Death Knight?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/30/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Ios
I don't understand large chunks of WoWs storyline. During the Wrathgate cinematic I seem to remember Sylvanas having his Undead open up on Horde and Alliance alike. I do not get how or why the Horde trust them at all.

Actually those forsaken were part of a renegade group lead by Grand Apothecary Putress (the guy from the cinematic). Originally the wrathgate cutscene was followed up by a quest to retake the undercity from Putress and Varimathras (a dreadlord who worked for Sylvanas, but double-crossed her to take the undercity). You succeed, naturally, but Sylvanas still lost a lot of credibility with the horde after that incident.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
That Renegade group was still following orders. Everyone knows that it was planned to test out her new Plague and having a chance to kill Arthas. Problem is that Arthas survived and the Alliance/Horde were pretty angry. So she just used her minion as a scape goat. Her action in Cata show that she knew of the plague for a long time and wants to use it a lot more often.

My this is an old one!

Would have really liked High Elves but we got Pandas this time.
Edited by Sardorim on 1/30/2012 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
> Revamped models, add some of the associated cultures (Horde: Revantusk/Mag'har/etc.)

It's more important to diversify the feeling of the horde and alliance populations. Solidify some of the cultures at risk. New races who are consistently getting less focus in the game storyline just make the story feel frayed on many edges.

Adding new models and the sub/alt races would be appreciated, while giving them more time to build up the story lines for existing Horde/Alliance races.

We need more lore and more class quests, rather than dumping in 50 races that end up getting no story whatsoever. In the end they'll just be blatant 'features' to get you to buy the next expansion instead of pivotal parts of the story.

--

>> When they do decide to add new races:
example: Reintroduce Rexxar and some of his Mok'nathal into the Orcish military/politics, leading the standard ogres long before they are introduced as a playable race.

Dumping a race, and their associated leader, in as something brand new when they've had no influence leading up to that expansion is frustrating. Pre-expansion events need to also affect everyone, even if their story isn't front page news.

Give good interactive prologues, without forcing players to buy a book to get the general timeline. Books are better as they won't be as much of a synopsis but at least the player is exposed to the timeline.

(brief example)
- Prepare for Horde/Alliance expedition, falling asleep on board your ship once complete.
- Set sail for Pandaria
- Shipwreck on a strange island and get attacked by a war party of strange beasts. They capture you as a slave and kill many of the others.
- You're saved by a Pandaren war party (led by an individual you'll meet later).. vision fades to black
- Find yourself still in Orgrimmar, waking up from a nightmare/illness.
Edited by Opheron on 1/30/2012 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I want to play as a FelBlood Elf version, of a Blood Elf.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I wish we had ogres, that would make the horde complete, but I honestly can't think of another race that would work under the alliance, except high elves, which would be roughly identical to blood elves… I would gladly trade Ogres for Blood elves, but for in game reasons that is not possible
Reply Quote
44 Gnome Rogue
01/30/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Scoobydoøby
I wish we had ogres, that would make the horde complete, but I honestly can't think of another race that would work under the alliance, except high elves, which would be roughly identical to blood elves… I would gladly trade Ogres for Blood elves, but for in game reasons that is not possible

Arroka could work for alliance

Ogres and arroka are both tied for outland so if they ever decide to revisit outland they could pull that off
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
They could. They don't like orcs rfom what I read, but I don't see them being all that appealing. I still have my money on high elves, after a reskin makes them and blood elves sufficiently different.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
I don't know if anyone has come up with this idea yet, but here's a crazy one.

In a later expansion Queen Azshara is one of the main antagonists, working with the Old Gods to once again reign on Azeroth. A splinter group of Naga come to the their distant relatives the High Elves for aid in stopping Azshara's machinations. The High Elves through magical means discover a way to combat the affliction of Naga, allowing Naga to transform back to Elves, however, when under distress (in combat) they will revert back to their original form. Through the High Elves help this sect of Naga work to mend their relations with the Alliance and especially the Night Elves.

I know it's copying a bit from the Worgen, but I think it could possibly work. Opinions?

(Also armor design might be rough for them)

Edit:

Sorry, I wanted to make one more point.

Adding High Elves onto either Faction would lead to a kind of redundancy. It would basically be "hmmm, do I want to be this kind of elf or this kind of elf" which really isn't good design. By having the Naga in combat it still gives the race a unique flavor rather than it being just another elf.

Also I think you could do a "neutral to pick a faction scenario" where the Naga approach both the High Elves and Blood Elves for aid, and each discover a way to transform them back. It could also help to play greatly into the High Elf vs. Blood Elf political tensions that have been there.
Edited by Taledrian on 1/30/2012 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
i would love High Elves
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Too worgeny for them to implement, man. But in all honesty, I like that idea better than worgen >_>
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
A Cursed transformation is the Worgens thing. Don't spread it around like candy! Besides, we don't want Naga High Elves we just want High Elves!

Arroka could work for alliance

Ogres and arroka are both tied for outland so if they ever decide to revisit outland they could pull that off

No, keep your stupid birds out of the Alliance! We want High Elves and nothing can replace that desire!
Edited by Sardorim on 1/31/2012 5:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
A Cursed transformation is the Worgens thing. Don't spread it around like candy! Besides, we don't want Naga High Elves we just want High Elves!

No, keep your stupid birds out of the Alliance! We want High Elves and nothing can replace that desire!

Speak for yourself, either of those are far better than plain boring old High Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Speak for yourself, either of those are far better than plain boring old High Elves.

You're wrong and many would disagree with you. High Elves are and always will be the most desired Race for Alliance Addition.

No one in the Alliance, but a very small minority, wants Naga or Bird People in the Alliance while High Elves have been wanted since Vanilla and are still wanted over any other race.
Edited by Sardorim on 1/31/2012 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg
2. High Elves
3. Centaur

Does no one understand that BLOOD ELVES ARE HIGH ELVES -.-
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You're wrong and many would disagree with you. High Elves are and always will be the most desired Race for Alliance Addition.

No one in the Alliance, but a very small minority, wants Naga or Bird People in the Alliance while High Elves have been wanted since Vanilla and are still wanted over any other race.

No my opinion isn't wrong. You can't speak for more than yourself, you are only one person and can't assume that the majority agrees with you. You also can't say that people who want something else are the minority, unless you went out and did a survey had a huge sample of people to show some results.

I'm sure there would be other people who would disagree with me, but just because there are a few vocal posters who either want High elves, or even Arrakoa or Naga, they don't make up the majority of the WoW playerbase. There is no "we", you do not speak for a group of people. People can come in themselves and agree with your opinion, sure, but you shouldn't ever assume you are the majority because no one person is.

Even looking through this thread that people have added to over the months, it shows there is no grand majority for a single race, opinions are varied.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]