The next possible playable race

(Locked)

85 Gnome Mage
Do you really think Blizzard would make the High elves a playable race? what would it be? Blood elves with blue eyes....on the Alliance? No they wouldn't do that, and frankly it would be stupid if they did.
Ogres.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

There is absolutely no reason why Ogres cannot be a playable race.

The ones hired by the venture. co are the same height as tauren.

Ogres can be: Warriors, Mages, Warlocks, Shamans, hunters and MAYBE even priests given the Tauren and Trolls capabilities of learning it.

You can't even use the lore or population arguement due to Garrosh RELIGIOUSLY recruiting, enslaving, and essentially stocking the horde WITH OGRES.

The Horde Has the DreadMaul Ogres of the Blasted lands enslaved and used as thralls and the major work force in the blasted lands.

The Horde has been enlisting and kidnapping scores of Dunemaul ogres from Tanaris using Goblins.

And finally the backbone and major source of the Ogre forces in the horde: The StoneMaul Clan.

The Stonemaul clan was the Tribe of Ogres braught in by Rexxar during warcraft 3 and they're still around. They're not only still around, but Garrosh has enlisted them and sent them out to fight in the swamps of sorrows AND he's gone as far to stock an entire village/military encampment in feralas... to deal with ogres.

Ogres as a playable race just makes sense and besides- ogres would be flippin' amazing!
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'd love to dragons as a playable race only as big as drakes so they dont have the too large problem. Armor would be simple because dragons have a mortal guise they can use.
What i would like to see in response to the naga idea is that now coming out with the mists of pandera we have a middle race. So why can't we also have some races that are on neither side.
Naga would be a good one for lore and the fact they work for the old gods. It would also work for the fact they are trying to get war back inot the game play.
Naga would be a fun race to fight as agaisnt both the horde and the allinace. I could also see the murlocs joining them.
So having not only a middle race that can go either way. You'd have a race that is at war with everyone.
Although this would be a hard group to lvl and have quests for.
But it's a good idea and a start.
85 Worgen Mage
Given the presence of Ethereal in the faction capitals now, I think there may be a chance that they become playable in an expasion after MoP. I'd imagine it would have to be in the form of a particular faction of them whom are placed in a dire situation that would compel them to seek shelter and aid from the Alliance and Horde (I don't see them joining one or the other exclusively but I'll admit I'm not thinking too hard on this atm.)

For Naga to be playable it would most likely go in a similar fashion as the Draenei; A faction separate from the rest of their people with a difference in veiws and ideals. That said I feel a redemption tale would make the most sence with the playable Naga working to make ammends for the crap their people have caused. Mind you, I'm not suggesting sepantine draenei. I'd expect their to be an ulterior motive to this, like usurping Azshara or something along those lines. Naga are particularly selfserving from what I've seen and read; One of the larger reasons I feel, baring any more ominous ones, why they allied with the Twilights Hammer and Old Gods.

Considering armor models and mounts and such, from what I've read in some threads, it's difficult but not impossible.
100 Night Elf Druid
I do agree on a third faction. I once post a comment on some thread about blood elves and i believed i said something about having all elves (night, high and blood) making a new faction.

Night elves already accepted highborne back which are essentially high elves pre exile. High elves are already working together with blood elves at sunwell and so at ghostland with Vereesa and Brightwing. So i say they should make their own faction and show the rest of the races their former glory!!!! XD

That being said... i would like to have high elves and furbolgs as a playable race XD
90 Human Mage
Call me nuts, but the ideal (for me) additions would be:

Horde: Ethereal, Ogre, Taunka, or Satyr.

Alliance: Arakkoa, Tuskarr, Brunhildr Vrykul, or Dryad.
90 Night Elf Hunter
No more races please.
100 Undead Warlock
There seems to be alot of these threads atm. Anyway .....

Horde : Ogres lead by Rexxar

Alliance : High Elves lead by Alleria Windrunner

That being said Id rather have the Forsaken leave (or get kicked) from the horde, replaced by Ogres and start a 3rd faction with 7 different undead races

http://www.wowwiki.com/Undead

Take your pick. Id have Abomination, Banshee, Darkfallen, Geist, Val'kyr, Vargul and of course normal Forsaken (maybe call them the Risen or something)
Edited by Zhing on 3/9/2012 3:45 PM PST
57 Undead Warrior
There seems to be alot of these threads atm. Anyway .....

Horde : Ogres lead by Rexxar

Alliance : High Elves lead by Alleria Windrunner

That being said Id rather have the Forsaken leave (or get kicked) from the horde, replaced by Ogres and start a 3rd faction with 7 different undead races

http://www.wowwiki.com/Undead

Take your pick. Id have Abomination, Banshee, Darkfallen, Geist, Val'kyr, Vargul and of course normal Forsaken (maybe call them the Risen or something)

Agree on all of this. + don't forget undead Nerubians. I made a topic on General about a neo-scourge faction lead by Sylvanas: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4142246819
Take Harpies off the list, as they don't have males, meaning it'd be a playable race without a male counterpart. Whoever got them would complain, because that's a sport on the forums.

Also, Tol'vir for the Alliance. Just keep grouping up the Titan races for us blizzard. Yeah they're four legged but I'm sure blizzard can find some way around that. Make them two-legged in some manner. Four legged as a mount effect like worgen, except Tol'vir could carry others.

I've always thought they'd make a good Horde Race. Most of Horde territory Kalimdor looks like Africa, and The Tol'Vir are based off the Ancient Egyptians, their outlook seems very compatible with the Trolls and Tauren. (And the Forsaken has used statues of them in re-taking Lordaeron).

Also these creatures seem like they can have a Pally class available (since they are sun worshippers)
Gnolls would make a good Horde race to balance out the High Elves becoming playable for the Alliance. High Elves are basically Alliance Blood Elves, Gnolls would be Horde Worgen. The differences between the Gnolls and Worgen would be cosmetic and lore wise, but their racials would be identical Two forms? switch between Ugly and Fugly, which they'd turn into when in combat.
85 Undead Death Knight
What's with all these necros? I must have counted at least 6 already. Why can't people just let this thread die and stay dead?
90 Worgen Death Knight
03/09/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Vynathlon
What's with all these necros? I must have counted at least 6 already. Why can't people just let this thread die and stay dead?

I think of that myself sometimes and then I realize this.

When people make a new thread on something that's been discussed before, they're criticized for it.

When people revive an older thread to continue discussion on a subject, they're criticized for it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
85 Undead Death Knight
03/09/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Voidhowl

I think of that myself sometimes and then I realize this.

When people make a new thread on something that's been discussed before, they're criticized for it.

When people revive an older thread to continue discussion on a subject, they're criticized for it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
True, but you get criticized more for necroing than if you're oblivious to previous events. No one can blame you if you enter the forums after a thread has taken place, but people can blame you if you willingly find a long deceased thread and ask your question considering that it most likely would have already been answered. If people would read the past 18 pages first then i'm sure that their answer would have already been answered.
85 Draenei Shaman
Arakkoa would probably go with the Alliance, I'd guess - especially after they helped their crew navigate Shadow Labs in search of Ner'Zhul.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ogres still make the most sense, I mean there is a horde base of them already. Could be a phased starter experience like goblins/worgen in dustwallow marsh.
90 Goblin Death Knight
D-d-d-double Necro!!!!
+5,000 pts.

Seriously, looks at the dates guys.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
must say this is amzing to look at later. It is now teh pandaren and monks that have come out. I would love to be a dragonkin/dragonsworn btw or even an owlkin.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Personally though, I would love dragonsworn but i also want more pets for hunters- specifically dragonwhelps and stags. I would also like to play as a murloc, as it was shown in Northrend by the PETA parody guy that Murlocs are inteligent. SOrry for necroing this thread!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]