The next possible playable race

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
Well since Metzen said he wanted to make ogres and naga playable eventually along with goblins then I'm guessing 1 of them would be in the next playable race area. Ogres obviously would be Horde unless Blizzard pulled a blood elf on them and Naga could be played into the Alliance with some story about some Naga wanting to be redeemed (we can make it 3 races the night elves bring in then!)
Edited by Saberan on 3/23/2011 12:13 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
One Race that I would really love to see added you be Nymphs, now not the quadrupedal kind in Northrend, but the bipedal kind like this one;

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/d/dc/Nymph.jpg
100 Dwarf Paladin
I have to ask, do we really need more playable races?
100 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Dallanna

No (to both questions) - I would much rather Blizzard flesh out some of the current races that are lacking in lore.

I think this is one thing you and I can actually agree upon, yeah?
85 Troll Rogue
03/23/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Dallanna

No, but maybe some updated/new models would be nice?
100 Dwarf Paladin
No (to both questions) - I would much rather Blizzard flesh out some of the current races that are lacking in lore.

I think this is one thing you and I can actually agree upon, yeah?

Yes.

03/23/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Dashiva
No, but maybe some updated/new models would be nice?

Agreed. And as strange as it would sound to some, I'd rather my dwarf's... 'assets' be less pronounced as she runs. >.>
100 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 1:43 PMPosted by Dallanna
Agreed. And as strange as it would sound to some, I'd rather my dwarf's... 'assets' be less pronounced as she runs. >.>

Haha, I'll admit - I did laugh.
100 Dwarf Paladin
03/23/2011 1:44 PMPosted by Bullcowsby

Oh, hush. I like my dwarf. I think she's awesome, it's just that I couldn't help but wonder what was going through the heads of the animators when they decided to go through with that.
Edited by Dallanna on 3/23/2011 1:48 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
I agree with refining the existing Races. I'd love for the Night Elves to be on Yseras level, not the frame, just how smooth the model is.
100 Tauren Druid
03/23/2011 1:47 PMPosted by Dallanna

Oh, hush. I like my dwarf. I think she's awesome, it's just that I couldn't help but wonder what was going through the heads of the animators when they decided to go through with that.

Oh, no no - I agree. I wasn't laughing at YOU, just the thought of dwarven... erm... *assets*.

I think it would detract from the armor at best and make for an awkward set of animations at worst.
73 Orc Warrior
Personally I just want some physical therapy for the orcs and trolls, their backs have got to be killing them.
100 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, no no - I agree. I wasn't laughing at YOU, just the thought of dwarven... erm... *assets*.

Just be careful around them. They tend to hit indiscriminately, *and* they're covered in plate.

03/23/2011 2:01 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
I think it would detract from the armor at best and make for an awkward set of animations at worst.

I have no idea how to respond to that statement. So, I'll just agree and we'll leave it at that...

... but since we're talking about updated models, I would love to see the Night Elves lose the bounce and get a better idle animation.

At times, I can understand why they don't implement the female draenei shoulder roll, but at the same time, I kinda wish they did.
85 Troll Warlock
Posted by Furbarius
2. Harpies

No
Not ever
NEVER
Nunca
This concept should DIIIIIIIEEEEEE
History
Dot
Morte
Toast
Dead as a doornail
Last tango in Paris!

Oh, pshaw.
85 Undead Hunter
I can see a faction of the naga working with the horde...BUT not while hellscream is incharge and thrall is gone...thrall has a weak spot for races that have been through hell and have been bullyd by all the other races, the horde has fought many bloodelfs when they where with the alliance but the horde still let them join horde, if the naga simply asked the horde if they can join the they would most likely take then with open arms, BUT if they give us troops supplies ect. But i dont see this with the alliance the alliance tends to hold gudges. the Vrykul look to much like humans, in fact most races look like humans. Furblogs can join the alliance BUT they look to much like worgan IMO...im not sure what the next alliance race would be but one thing for sure Horde should get naga that would be awesome

Horde race = Naga
Alliance race =??

i REALLY dont wanna see a harpies in the horde or orges. But i know blizz would probly make another already-horde-race into the horde like orges....dam it would most likely be

Horde = Orge or harpies
Alliance = Naga
if bliz can read this plz dont do it i know naga are blue like the alliance and all but they would fit into what the horde stands for
Edited by Shêpherd on 3/23/2011 4:08 PM PDT
76 Undead Death Knight
03/23/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Xanik
Naga can't happen cause of armor and character design. This has been explained many times to the countless "next race" threads...

Just a question but have you read any of the Threads about Naga being Playable were people bring proof that Naga can use all armor, with their new Models?
76 Undead Death Knight
03/23/2011 12:12 PMPosted by Saberan
Well since Metzen said he wanted to make ogres and naga playable eventually along with goblins then I'm guessing 1 of them would be in the next playable race area. Ogres obviously would be Horde unless Blizzard pulled a blood elf on them and Naga could be played into the Alliance with some story about some Naga wanting to be redeemed (we can make it 3 races the night elves bring in then!)

I don't think you will find any wanting to be redeemed so much as not wanting to betray Neptulan since they used to worship him as well, their should be some devoted followers.
73 Orc Warrior
03/23/2011 2:09 PMPosted by Dallanna
... but since we're talking about updated models, I would love to see the Night Elves lose the bounce and get a better idle animation.

THIS

03/23/2011 4:03 PMPosted by Shêpherd
Horde = Orge or harpies

Why do people think harpies would be on the Horde? We hate them, they hate us, they have no hands, they're BORING

*rage and froth*

Also: Naga will never join the HORDE, due to being killed in cages in the Darkspear starting zone.
76 Undead Death Knight
03/23/2011 4:37 PMPosted by Ugom
Also: Naga will never join the HORDE, due to being killed in cages in the Darkspear starting zone.

A one fourth of the Blood Elf starting zone was for killing Trolls.

And being realistic the Playable Naga there would probably be killing Azsharas Naga in there starting zone anyway and since that is a Azsharan Naga they probably wouldn't care.
100 Human Paladin
03/23/2011 3:44 PMPosted by Xanik
Most centaur are keepers of the grove...I have to see any that aren't related with it.

Both can trace their lineage back to Cenarius, but their appearances, abilities, and attitudes are quite different.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Centaur
http://www.wowpedia.org/Keeper_of_the_grove

03/23/2011 4:03 PMPosted by Shêpherd
I can see a faction of the naga working with the horde...BUT not while hellscream is incharge and thrall is gone...thrall has a weak spot for races that have been through hell and have been bullyd by all the other races

The naga have been "bullied"?

They were Highborne elves in cahoots with the Burning Legion. When the Well of Eternity was destroyed, they were transformed into serpent-creatures by the Old Gods.

They now have a large and powerful empire ruled by a demigod. They're allied with the Old Gods, and by extension, with the Twilight's Hammer, the Faceless Ones, and Deathwing.

They're not a weak race and they don't deserve sympathy.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]