The next possible playable race

(Locked)

28 Undead Warlock
Emerald Dream Expac:

Horde: Satyr seeking redemption

Alliance: Bipedal GREEN Dragonkin

Also allow forsaken and Belves to switch sides through some sort of quest chain. And allow humans to join the forsaken...
85 Undead Rogue
Emerald Dream Expac:

Alliance: Bipedal GREEN Dragonkin

Also allow forsaken and Belves to switch sides through some sort of quest chain. And allow humans to join the forsaken...

Humans and worgen.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
I've commented on this idea tons of times before, and likely in this thread over the months that it was in session. Nagas. Think of it, during the South Seas expansion, Azshara gets into some kind of agreement with the Burning Legion and/or the Old Gods again and then some of her Naga followers believe that she's gone too far and then after a series of events manage to escape. After they escape, they find the Horde and/or the Alliance and tell them of their situation and they reluctantly agree, thus they become a playable race on one of the sides.
Tuskarr are the base model for the pandarens lol
90 Goblin Shaman
*Ratu casts Raise Dead*
Emerald Dream Expac:

Yes I have been thinking this for a long time. And they could NEVER join the ally cause well, the Night Elves would never let them back into the fold, especially considering the return of the Highborne to the Alliance.
first we should look into potential future expansions, as undoubtedly a new race will be related, lore-wise, to the expansion

the two expansion themes i can see, realistically are an emerald dream/nightmare and a sargeras/titan/end of the legion one

first, the emerald dream: the most notable race that comes to mind when i think of the dream and nightmare that isnt playable is the satyr. two arms, 2 legs, roughly humanoid, so it seems doable. they are descendants of the kaldorei which were corrupted by sargeras. maybe a few of them rebelled, or were maybe exiled from their society? being quite hated by all playable races i think they would need a lengthy intro quest chain, like dk's do. i dont know which faciont they could belong to, maybe both (but if i had to chose one it would probably be horde)

secondly, a return of the legion. the first thought is the ethereals, as they have been seen in outland and i dont know of any lore that would say they are confined to outland (they are travelers and their homeland was destroyed, i don't know if they settled else where). if the expansion begins with the legion invading another world that we havent seen yet, possibly causing them to seek help from another magical planet (azeroth), it could get us involved with the legion again, which could give us one or more as-of-yet unnamed races to join (a neutral one, or one for each side)

Did anyone see mists of pandaria coming?

What makes sense as a lore/storyline progressing expansion, and what blizz does have been shown not to be one and the same.

The next races to be added will likely be more neutral races.
90 Orc Warrior
How in the world does this post get a lot more responses then mine about new wow races? I have a lot more detail involved in mine with classes and race details? Wth man? Do I have to like just make really simple posts for doing suggestoins to blizzard and the community or something? Like only short words and listed stuff and such? Can I have like little degree of detail on my OP's? Whats the deal here?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/27/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Rageblades
How in the world does this post get a lot more responses then mine about new wow races? I have a lot more detail involved in mine with classes and race details? Wth man? Do I have to like just make really simple posts for doing suggestoins to blizzard and the community or something? Like only short words and listed stuff and such? Can I have like little degree of detail on my OP's? Whats the deal here?

Probably because this is from 2011.
85 Orc Hunter
What I would like to see and don't seem too crazy (favorites in bold/italic):

Horde:
Ogre
Naga
Centaur
Vrykul
Eredar
Hozen
Quilboar

Alliance:
Harpy
Murloc
Dryad
Furbolg
Ethereal
High Elf
Jinyu
Satyr

Races that aren't in WoW that I'd like to see:
Amazon (Horde)
Fairy (Alliance)
And maybe some kind of cat people?

But mainly I want to see Harpies, Ogres and Naga playable!

:D
Edited by Tawna on 4/12/2013 9:35 PM PDT
1 Dwarf Warrior
The reason I have a problem with Ethereal's being a race that is not "neutral" like the Pandaren is that they seem to be trans-dimensional beings which might (lore-wise) be a little overpowered.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Basing this off of the theory that some players have put forth that the next expansion will deal with N'zoth / Ashzara and her Naga, I feel two maritime races would be appropriate. The Alliance could get the Jinyu. They are one of the few good looking races in MoP (The Horde's Hozen allies are awful by comparison) and hypothetical Jinyu racial bonuses could be very helpful in an aquatic environment. For the Horde, give me what I've wanted since Wrath - the Vrykul. They are a seafaring people (at least the Kvaldir are) who respect strength - a trait which the Horde shares. Also, Horde races - for the most part - have been made up of races/creatures that humans have been afraid of or fought for many years, not only in the Warcraft universe but in other mythologies and intellectual properties as well. Horde races include Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Minotaurs (yes I know they are Tauren but for the purposes of my point I will refer to them by their historical myth name), and the Undead - all races/monsters/forces that humanity has struggled with and/or been afraid of in our myths, legends, and stories. Do you know what else primitive man told fearful stories about? Giants. Seriously, Give the Vrykul to the Horde. It would be amazing.
The reason I have a problem with Ethereal's being a race that is not "neutral" like the Pandaren is that they seem to be trans-dimensional beings which might (lore-wise) be a little overpowered.

Eh, Perhaps, I gave those guys a whoopin in Outland.
85 Orc Hunter
Basing this off of the theory that some players have put forth that the next expansion will deal with N'zoth / Ashzara and her Naga, I feel two maritime races would be appropriate. The Alliance could get the Jinyu. They are one of the few good looking races in MoP (The Horde's Hozen allies are awful by comparison) and hypothetical Jinyu racial bonuses could be very helpful in an aquatic environment. For the Horde, give me what I've wanted since Wrath - the Vrykul. They are a seafaring people (at least the Kvaldir are) who respect strength - a trait which the Horde shares. Also, Horde races - for the most part - have been made up of races/creatures that humans have been afraid of or fought for many years, not only in the Warcraft universe but in other mythologies and intellectual properties as well. Horde races include Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Minotaurs (yes I know they are Tauren but for the purposes of my point I will refer to them by their historical myth name), and the Undead - all races/monsters/forces that humanity has struggled with and/or been afraid of in our myths, legends, and stories. Do you know what else primitive man told fearful stories about? Giants. Seriously, Give the Vrykul to the Horde. It would be amazing.

If there was going to be an aquatic-themed expansion I'd prefer Naga for Horde and Murlocs for Alliance.
90 Human Warrior
I'm going to put my two cents in before this thread gets hit with the necro hammer again. What playable races do I want to see in the next expac? Let's see...

Alliance
High elves, regardless of what anyone says. They don't HAVE to share the blood elf model; Blizzard can surely make one from scratch based off it and make it unique. They would primarily have a variety of skin choices between being extremely pale to a very light tan, and their hair colors muted and their hair styles, well, tamer than some of the anime-looking do's the belves have.

I can definitely see Alleria Windrunner being their racial leader - unless she's already leading a group of like-minded elves wherever they are in the Twisting Nether, since Sylvanas and Vereesa have their own people to lead (the Forsaken and the Silver Covenant respectively). A good racial mount would be the unicorn.

If I had to choose which classes they could be, they would be:
- Warriors
- Paladins
- Hunters
- Rogues
- Mages
- Priests
- Death Knights
- Monks
(I'd like to see them as shaman, if only because neither elf races - night elves and blood elves - aren't, and IMO there's no need for another elf race to be druids other than the nelves.)

Horde
Ogres. They've been a long-standing ally of the Horde, and, if made playable, the PC would most likely be from the Stonemaul tribe. You can choose between one or two heads, tattoo design, and a rainbow of skin colors. The only notable NPC I can think that could be their racial leader would be Rexxar. As for their choice of mount, maybe a boar or a basilisk, since trolls already make use of raptors.

Possible classes ogres could play as would be:
- Warriors
- Hunters
- Rogues (notable character: Dagg'um Ty'gor from the Warcraf TCG)
- Mages
- Warlocks
- Shaman
- Death Knights (notable characters: Deathbringer Kor'ush from the Warcraft TCG)
- Monks? (it's possible; didn't the ogres at Ogri'la reach some sort of enlightenment?)

Other Races/Subraces
- Zandalari/straight-back trolls
- Wildhammer dwarves
- Leper gnomes
- Broken draenei
- Taunka
- Mok'Nathal orc
90 Troll Death Knight
I don't want a new playable race. Rather I want variations on the races we already have. In the character create screen you have a tab on a race to go into different ethnicity of it.

They would start at the original races starting area and say you were shipped here from wherever to serve the Horde start to reconnect with your cousins. Maybe they would have a couple of unique quests pertaining to their race but nothing major.

Trolls - Forest Troll
Orc - Mag'har Orc
Undead - Maybe just a less boney UD model, UD dwarves, UD Orcs if not the Dark Ranger models.
BE - Have no good one for his I would say HE but they hate the Horde, Undead BE (Like dark rangers or blood princes)
Goblins - Also have no good ones for this.
Tauren - Taunka.. maybe even Yaungol

Humans - Kul Tiras humans they can have the models the Defias use, like a skinny lanky human
Dwarves - Wildhammer or Dark Iron dwarves
Night Elves - Highborne Night elves as a reskinned BE model
Gnomes - Don't have a good one maybe Leper Gnomes? or Sand Gnomes haha jk
Draenei - Broken Draenei like Akama
Worgen - Don't have a good one maybe the Original Worgen models, Worgen from all over come rejoin the pack and pledge alliegance to Gilneas.

I left out Pandaren because well.... they're pandas...
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Naga for the Horde, Dryads for the Alliance. It would be extremely elf-themed, but dammit I want it.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I can definitely see Alleria Windrunner being their racial leader - unless she's already leading a group of like-minded elves wherever they are in the Twisting Nether, since Sylvanas and Vereesa have their own people to lead (the Forsaken and the Silver Covenant respectively). A good racial mount would be the unicorn.

- Warriors
- Paladins
- Hunters
- Rogues
- Mages
- Priests
- Death Knights
- Monks
(I'd like to see them as shaman, if only because neither elf races - night elves and blood elves - aren't, and IMO there's no need for another elf race to be druids other than the nelves.)

If making the race standout is the endgoal then simply altering their model isn't nearly enough; they need true distinction, which can only come from a series of events which fundamentally changes their worldview.

An intriguing idea in this regard, which I happened across on these forums some time ago, is to have the Night Elves and High Elves come to some sort of accord whereby the latter takes up residence in Northern Kalimdor and is allowed limited access to a few Moonwells in exchange for either 1) services rendered or 2) reconciliation attempts. This may, over time, drastically alter their cultural directives by linking them more closely with the Night Elves, including the Highborne -- coincidentally, there might also be excuse somewhere in a storyarc like this for a model change.

Essentially, they would retain their propensity for all things arcane (likely sharing their knowledge with the ever-expanding Highborne in Darnassus) while distancing themselves from some of the trappings of their former lives such as the Holy Light.
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree, I am fine with the playable races right now. but I would LOVE if they can some how work out making faeries and also Ethereals playable...ethereals are damn fierce
90 Troll Death Knight

- Warriors
- Paladins
- Hunters
- Rogues
- Mages
- Priests
- Death Knights
- Monks

No Unicorns... please
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]