The next possible playable race

73 Orc Warrior
03/23/2011 4:43 PMPosted by Eildelm
A one fourth of the Blood Elf starting zone was for killing Trolls.

Forest trolls, not darkspear.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Death Knight
03/23/2011 4:50 PMPosted by Ugom
A one fourth of the Blood Elf starting zone was for killing Trolls.

Forest trolls, not darkspear.

Hey if they hate Azsharan Naga then they porbably won't mind, look at Blood Elves and High Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
03/23/2011 4:37 PMPosted by Ugom
Why do people think harpies would be on the Horde? We hate them, they hate us, they have no hands, they're BORING

Actually they do have hands. Look closer. As for hating, well that never stopped anybody from joining anyone else. New story, new things happen. Before their respective expansions, few though blizzard would put Blood Elves, Eradar and Worgen into factions they did if they were implemented at all. With he return of Aviana, harpy story could kick off.

Harpies share a lot of similarities with the general Horde. Their Tribal, shamanic, savage, beastly. As for being boring, what? I don't really know where you're trying to go with that, but let me tell you no MMO has done a bird race. I'm sure you're going to mention the lack of males, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and other form of procreation are just rumors. Just liek the Dreanei and Worgen.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Harpies are some sort of forest guardians whom give themselves over or were saved by the Ancient Aviana, the Lady Raven. Then when she died in the War of the Ancients the Harpies Started to go mad but now that she has return the harpies will start to go back to a peaceful nature. Later when Aviana Found out that her children had done horrible thing over the years she sends someone (son or daughter) to gather all the Harpies in Kalimdor and lead them to redeem them self for what they have done over the years to the tauren and the horde.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Honestly, I think there are enough playable races as is. If Blizzard were to add more, I'd be perfectly happy to see entirely new races, perhaps natives of whatever region such an expansion might explore.

Won't happen. Blizzard learned their lesson after the draenei fiasco. They said they wanted to seed races ahead of time so they had plenty of lore in the game. (Not that this helped the worgen...)

Ah, okay. Well, I think I'd be better if they just stuck with the races that are currently playable in-game and worked to flesh them out. I also wouldn't mind seeing the models updated, though I can see how that would be tricky. Even putting aside the massive amount of time such an update would take, a lot of players are probably attached to the ways their characters currently look. I can't really blame Blizzard for keeping the old models, even though they look pretty jarring compared to the more polished goblins and worgen.
Edited by Felya on 3/24/2011 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Zippin Zappin Zoopin Doopin Derpin Doo Put The Spoon in the Puddin Coo Coo Kachoo!

/end Bill Cosby

No more tard races!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Can we just replace blefs? with anything? pieces of animated wood perhaps?

But in reality I would love to see some kind of pirate thing idk if its exactly a new race(Humans?) Make them mercenaries so they could sign up with either horde or alliance maybe? Have the starting zone be ships and have the new main city be a giant ship that functions as a city :D

also I don't follow any lore nor know anything about anything. derp
Edited by Thoraxee on 3/24/2011 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Why would any of the listed races join the Alliance or Horde?

1. Ogres-too stupid to be a competent ally
2. Harpies-hate everyone, only in nests, not truly an intellegent race-most likely devoted to Aviana now that shes back

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg - too primitive, reclusive, only helping nightelves and draenei on occasion-dont speak common in the least
2. High Elves- are low in population, and already within the alliance ranks as it is. The blood elves are already a playable race, and simply giving the alliance a blue eyed copy would not be a satisfactory move
3. Centaur- really? they would join the alliance? they are hostile to all races!

Can go either way

1.Pandaren - this is one that i actually hope to be playable someday, no comment
2. Murlocs - fish men devoted to water beings only, not that intellegent- slaves to naga and Elementals

also Possible but may never happen

1. Vrykul- not possible, hostile
2. Naga - THEY ARE LEAD BY AZSHARA, WHO WAS CORRUPTED BY OLD GODS WHY WOULD THEY JOIN THE ALLIANCE OR HORDE??
3. Arakkoa- not possible- hostile, cept for a few that are devoted to the Light and Naaru only
4. Ethereal-doubtful, more likely to remain neutral ties
5. Gnoll - hostile to all races
6. Kobold - too puny, unintellegent, and hostile to all races
7. Quilboar - hostile TO all races!
8. Tuskarr- cannot survive outside of Northrend!!!
9. Drakonid - devoted to DRAGONFLIGHTS!
10. Nerubian- for the most part all undead!!!!
11. Satyr - THEYRE DEMONS!!!
12. Qiraji- THEY'RE FOLLOWERS OF OLD GODS!!

WHY WOULD YOU POST ANY OF THOSE LAST 4 ??

Reply Quote
71 Goblin Hunter
Wow, you're really closeminded.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
And Eredar are evil demons.

!*## can be added to the story to accommodate things.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Alliance Arrakoa

Horde Ogres
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What I would like is Humans but once they get to lv.20 and 40 they can transform to like Dragonkin, but at lv.60, 70, and 80 they get to be Dragons.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Death Knight
Why would any of the listed races join the Alliance or Horde?

1. Ogres-too stupid to be a competent ally
2. Harpies-hate everyone, only in nests, not truly an intellegent race-most likely devoted to Aviana now that shes back

For the Alliance:

1. Furbolg - too primitive, reclusive, only helping nightelves and draenei on occasion-dont speak common in the least
2. High Elves- are low in population, and already within the alliance ranks as it is. The blood elves are already a playable race, and simply giving the alliance a blue eyed copy would not be a satisfactory move
3. Centaur- really? they would join the alliance? they are hostile to all races!

Can go either way

1.Pandaren - this is one that i actually hope to be playable someday, no comment
2. Murlocs - fish men devoted to water beings only, not that intellegent- slaves to naga and Elementals

also Possible but may never happen

1. Vrykul- not possible, hostile
2. Naga - THEY ARE LEAD BY AZSHARA, WHO WAS CORRUPTED BY OLD GODS WHY WOULD THEY JOIN THE ALLIANCE OR HORDE??
3. Arakkoa- not possible- hostile, cept for a few that are devoted to the Light and Naaru only
4. Ethereal-doubtful, more likely to remain neutral ties
5. Gnoll - hostile to all races
6. Kobold - too puny, unintellegent, and hostile to all races
7. Quilboar - hostile TO all races!
8. Tuskarr- cannot survive outside of Northrend!!!
9. Drakonid - devoted to DRAGONFLIGHTS!
10. Nerubian- for the most part all undead!!!!
11. Satyr - THEYRE DEMONS!!!
12. Qiraji- THEY'RE FOLLOWERS OF OLD GODS!!

WHY WOULD YOU POST ANY OF THOSE LAST 4 ??

Why would any Draenei not join the Legion in just doesn't make any sense? I have hope for the Naga.

In Cata we unite the Gelkis, Kolkar, and the Magram to fight the Demons so they could join a faction if they needed to.

Arakkoa can happen with their God/hero killed and in disarray the survivors might brighten up and help the Alliance.

The rest I agree with.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
A twist that my or may not be considered...

Both factions have their cursed human races, but everybody knows that as with every race, there's good and evil to be found within the human race. When Kul Tiras is included as playable, make them have their differences with the alliance, and join the horde. That's right. full humans in the horde. Of course to satisfy lore, and to keep Jayna from going berserk, Admiral Proudwell will have to be exiled to Theramore.

Also for the horde, have a group of Erodar break away from the legion (unheard of you say? It was once said that Death Knights would never break away from the scourge, and Worgen were too savage to be playable) and have them crash in the broken isles (noticably gone since Northrend was added). The events could closely mirror the events of Burining Crusade, as more High Elves have sabatoged the ship and caused the crash, giving a mirror area to Azuremyst/bloodmyst, with opposite factions.

Completing this quadrilogy, have the Taunka develop social differences with their Tauren counterparts, their friendly relations get flushed down the crapper, and they join the Alliance.

Wouldn't that make pvp a nightmare you ask?

We already have the problem with similar shaped races when they're fully armored. We get around it by looking at the red text hovering above the helmet.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Just imagine all the "clever" screen names if they made Naga a playable class...
Reply Quote
75 Human Warrior
I swear, the frequency of these threads is close to rivaling that of the Forsaken ones back in the day...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Instead of new playable classes, how bout Blizz gives us "Throw-Back Realms", for the people who just want to play the real wow, when horde had shamans, and alliance had pallies, and progression was measured in months...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]